Light tanks for Indian Army

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
Poland to forge closer military ties with India - Warsaw Business Journal - Online Portal - wbj.pl

Talks currently underway could result in closer military cooperation between Poland and India, the Indo-Asian News Service has revealed.

One of the major issues on the table is the procurement of Polish tank-recovery vehicles by the Indian army to transport damaged or disabled tanks from the battlefield for repairs.

Cooperation could also include the exchange of technology and expertise. The Indian military is equipped primarily with hardware purchased from the former Soviet Union, and Poland is in a position to supply spare parts and to upgrade India's fleet of T-72 tanks and infantry fighting vehicles with the latest technology.
"Poland, unlike some of our business partners, is not interested only in selling the equipment to us but is also ready to have joint ventures and transfer technology," Banashri Bose Harrison, joint secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs in India, told reporters.

The negotiations are part of an ongoing series of discussions between the two nations. An agreement is not expected to be reached during Prime Minister Donald Tusk's visit to India, where he arrived on Monday as part of a five-day tour which will also take him to Vietnam.

Nowik

NO NEED OF POLAND LETS DO IT WITH THE COUNTRY WHICH RULED POLAND FOR MORE THAN 1000YRS YES PRUSSIA I MEAN RUSSIA ( MY MEANING IS NOT TO ABUSE BUT TO JUST SHOW THE JUSTIFICATION IN THE SENSE OF TECHNOLOGY )
I had to create an account to answer to this b*llshit.
What an uneducated ignorant u are to say that Russia ruled Poland for more that 1000 years.
I wish we could punch ppl trough internet...cuz u deserve a greate punch and some books about Polish history.

Sorry for Offtopic but this had to be done.
"A Lie Told Often Enough Becomes The Truth"

Last edited by a moderator:

sandeepdg

This LT surely looks great !! What is total requirement in numbers for the Indian Army ? Also, unless more of the Mi-17s or Mi-26s are available in sufficient numbers, transporting them to forward locations will be an issue.

Patriot

Country flag
Poland keen to sell tank recovery vehicles to India

BY: TRIBUNE INDIA

As Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk flies into New Delhi tomorrow, India is said to be mulling over Poland's offer to supply to it tank recovery vehicles. The Indo-Polish defence cooperation will figure prominently during talks between the visiting dignitary and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here tomorrow.

Defence Minister A K Antony will be part of the Indian delegation at the talks, signally the importance India attaches to burgeoning defence relationship with Poland.

MEA officials say that since most of the Indian military hardware was acquired in the 1970s from the then Soviet Union, Poland, which was a key ally of the USSR, had the spares and the technology for upgrading the equipment with the Indian forces.

The proposal for selling tank recovery vehicles was made by Poland during Antony's visit to Warsaw in April for a meeting of the joint working group (JWG) on defence cooperation between the two countries.

A tank recovery vehicle is a type of armoured fighting vehicle used to repair battle or mine damaged as well as broken down vehicles during combat operations, or to tow them out of the danger zone for more extensive repairs.

Apart from making these vehicles available to India, Poland has shown interest in providing to New Delhi its sophisticated military hardware upgradation and maintenance technology. It is also interested in joint ventures with Indian companies.

In fact, one Polish company was already in talks with an Indian company, the officials said but declined to give any further details. The two sides have also been discussing various other defence-related issues, particularly joint training programmes.

Poland can help India upgrade Indian T-72 tanks, BMP II infantry combat vehicles and a variety of air defence systems purchased from the former Soviet Union.

But more than defence ties, it is the prospect of a quantum jump in economic ties with Poland that excites New Delhi. Poland, a key member of the European Union (EU), is considered by India as a gateway to Europe and Central Asia.

Ahead of his talks with Manmohan Singh, the Polish PM will address a meeting of captains of the Indian industry to seek Indian investments in his country. Poland, which will acquire the Presidency of the EU in the second half of the next year, also wants the grouping to expedite the free trade agreement (FTA) with India.

Though the two sides have been discussing cooperation in different areas, only one accord will be signed tomorrow — a cultural exchange programme. Possibilities of exploring economic cooperation in food processing industry and higher education are also on the agenda of the two sidesBY:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
More!

Dozens Pics of Polish/Indian Light Tank..

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
What is the contribution of India in this Indo-Polish light tank?. I don't see any news/pics coming from Indian side.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@DD i though we are purchasing it and the only contribution we are going to make is in terms of $$ that is we are paying it to buy these.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
What is the contribution of India in this Indo-Polish light tank?. I don't see any news/pics coming from Indian side.
The present vehicle is a technology demonstration..
Prototype will be ready by 2011-12..
Polish ones will be first one, Indian ones will be different and will be constructed here..
Indians are involved in the project, most importantly we need the turret tech..

charlie

Country flag
india & russia jointly building a smart tank is a 3 year old news.do anyone have any new information regarding this joint venture.i heard the russian cancelled the t-95 programme in april 2010 due to obsolete design.
yep they did cancel the project but it is said the company who designed the tank is going to use its own fund to continue with the project but very little is known because it's an very secretive project and i heard from my uncle that the new tank they are working on is going to use the tech that has been developed for t95 as well as from black eagle

charlie

Country flag

BY: TRIBUNE INDIA

As Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk flies into New Delhi tomorrow, India is said to be mulling over Poland's offer to supply to it tank recovery vehicles. The Indo-Polish defence cooperation will figure prominently during talks between the visiting dignitary and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here tomorrow.

Defence Minister A K Antony will be part of the Indian delegation at the talks, signally the importance India attaches to burgeoning defence relationship with Poland.

MEA officials say that since most of the Indian military hardware was acquired in the 1970s from the then Soviet Union, Poland, which was a key ally of the USSR, had the spares and the technology for upgrading the equipment with the Indian forces.

The proposal for selling tank recovery vehicles was made by Poland during Antony's visit to Warsaw in April for a meeting of the joint working group (JWG) on defence cooperation between the two countries.

A tank recovery vehicle is a type of armoured fighting vehicle used to repair battle or mine damaged as well as broken down vehicles during combat operations, or to tow them out of the danger zone for more extensive repairs.

Apart from making these vehicles available to India, Poland has shown interest in providing to New Delhi its sophisticated military hardware upgradation and maintenance technology. It is also interested in joint ventures with Indian companies.

In fact, one Polish company was already in talks with an Indian company, the officials said but declined to give any further details. The two sides have also been discussing various other defence-related issues, particularly joint training programmes.

Poland can help India upgrade Indian T-72 tanks, BMP II infantry combat vehicles and a variety of air defence systems purchased from the former Soviet Union.

But more than defence ties, it is the prospect of a quantum jump in economic ties with Poland that excites New Delhi. Poland, a key member of the European Union (EU), is considered by India as a gateway to Europe and Central Asia.

Ahead of his talks with Manmohan Singh, the Polish PM will address a meeting of captains of the Indian industry to seek Indian investments in his country. Poland, which will acquire the Presidency of the EU in the second half of the next year, also wants the grouping to expedite the free trade agreement (FTA) with India.

Though the two sides have been discussing cooperation in different areas, only one accord will be signed tomorrow — a cultural exchange programme. Possibilities of exploring economic cooperation in food processing industry and higher education are also on the agenda of the two sidesBY:

well poland is keen to sell tank recovery vehicles to everyone who is willing to buy it because nobody want's it

charlie

Country flag
I had to create an account to answer to this b*llshit.
What an uneducated ignorant u are to say that Russia ruled Poland for more that 1000 years.
I wish we could punch ppl trough internet...cuz u deserve a greate punch and some books about Polish history.

Sorry for Offtopic but this had to be done.
"A Lie Told Often Enough Becomes The Truth"
well personally i hate polish ppl because unfortunately i know many polish people but ya i understand how u feel when that guy says that, but that guy was not trying to say anything bad about poland he was just making a point that russian are better at defence technology,

Last edited:

charlie

Country flag
well i cant understand one thing if we need a light tank then why dont we go for an armored car like the Cadillac Gage V-600 , Rooikat armored car or a car with a heavy gun they are more lighter highly manoeuvrable and can travel fast and cover more distance

Cadillac Gage V-600
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWagCu79f6Y?f&feature=related

Rooikat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUbB9fjMCxM?&feature=related

ERC-90 SAGAIE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFsw_xgLkwM?f&feature=related

AMX-10RC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLkcfkHW9lI?&feature=related

Last edited:

charlie

Country flag
well it seems like india is just going with anyone who is developing things no matter how bad they are for eg : we went with Israel when we wated an surface to surface missile when we had a far better option of Iskander which was damn good , i think we should have developed a light tanks with S.korea they seems to have better tech and we do have more of less the same type of requirements

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
well i cant understand one thing if we need a light tank then why dont we go for an armored car like the Cadillac Gage V-600 , Rooikat armored car or a car with a heavy gun they are more lighter highly manoeuvrable and can travel fast and cover more distance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWagCu79f6Y?f&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUbB9fjMCxM?&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFsw_xgLkwM?f&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLkcfkHW9lI?&feature=related
Coz those are wheeled once..
Indian requirement is 100 tracked and 200 wheeled, the thread is abt tracked ones..

well personally i hate polish ppl because unfortunately i know many polish people but ya i understand how u feel when that guy says that, but that guy was trying to say bad about poland he was just making a point that russian are better at defence technology,
Eating popcorn looking for arguments! :angry_6:
No FLAME here pls!!:emot100:

PS. I do have some polish friends in India!, And they are very good and charming, therefore u are making mistake by calling the whole community bad by judging few....

well poland is keen to sell tank recovery vehicles to everyone who is willing to buy it because nobody want's it
WZT-3

WZT-3 is best Armour recovery vehicle in IA coz its cheap and IA have massive T-72/90 class tanks so in term of logistics its a good choice..
Poland also helped in making our own version of WZT-3 with DRDO..

that's the reason we are using it in massive amount..

well it seems like india is just going with anyone who is developing things no matter how bad they are for eg : we went with Israel when we wated an surface to surface missile when we had a far better option of Iskander which was damn good , i think we should have developed a light tanks with S.korea they seems to have better tech and we do have more of less the same type of requirements
India and Polish have good relation since 90s after soviets fell, both countries exchange defense tech since....
Since 90s to today IAF purchase MiG spares from Poland..
IA upgrade its old soviet Air defense in Poland ( Almost all systems )

Beside for your knowledge i must say DRDO developed a light tank but it was rejected coz IA was looking for a tank which have a powerful 120mm gun, well armored and cheap compare to others like CV-120..

The only answer was with Poland and that country is a friendly, Where INDIA is now looking for friendship with SC ( Should have done in past ) What ever Polish defense industry have a very nice reputation here, therfore making a good tank is a good Choice..

Last edited:

charlie

Country flag
India and Polish have good relation since 90s after soviets fell, both countries exchange defense tech since....
Since 90s to today IAF purchase MiG spares from Poland..
well those are one of the reasons why you see Mig crashes so much after 90s i know the russian were not able to supply the equipment when needed but still the polish use to supply the spares of mig 21 for mig 23 which had the same numbers and which looked the same but the russian says that it still wont work because the design was bit different

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles