Liaoning (Varyag) - Chinese Aircraft Carrier

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Needs to be merged with thread about Russians selling arresters to Chinese?

cir

lou shang de,

pls refrain from making yourself a laughingstock of the forum。:rofl:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

without a word, just have a look on the images.

those who hold the view that china can not produce their own arrester are wrong.
Who says China produced them? It is well known they bought the unused arrestors from Nikita Ukraine.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
A jolly thumping effort.

Great arresters too!

It could not have been better.

Will increase China's reach in the South China Sea.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I wouldn't be so sure on this until i see J15 landing on it ( Not Photoshop ) ..

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
A jolly thumping effort.

Great arresters too!

It could not have been better.

Will increase China's reach in the South China Sea.
The cables are covered by some kind of coated fabric from what I can see from the photo.

Jovian

The cables are covered by some kind of coated fabric from what I can see from the photo.
I think those are just covering they use on all major and recently installed equipments. Look at the instruments on the island. Perhaps someone don't want too many scratches on the flight deck before delivery?

guoyinag

Who says China produced them? It is well known they bought the unused arrestors from Nikita Ukraine.
Spokesman of Chinese Defense Ministry said these cables are produced by China.

And who said these arrestors are produced from Ukraine then bought by China?Please prove it without your big word.

guoyinag

Look at what a few decades under the benevolent Communist party does to a glorious Civilization of many thousand years!
At least, after decades effort we build it finally. It is not a shame but an honor.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Looks so warlike and magnificent!

latsar

Huh, we are building all things for the cause of showcasing. Brilliant way of comforting yourself after being frustrated by Chinese accomplishment, isn't it? In this regard, Indians are certainly not foolish, being so good at cheering themselves up.

No bridges and buildings collapse in India? Certainly not true, then why are you building those stuff?

Oh, I may forget, Indians are building things, but not at the pace of Chinese and things being built are not as magnificent as what Chinese are building, That is why Chinese accomplishments are called cosmetic whereas Indian accomplishments are not because something cosmetic is also something magnificent.

Take space program for example both China and India are planing to send a man into space (well, I have forgotten we have done that several times), I believe Ray certainly will agree Chinese are doing this only for the purpose of showing off and Indians are doing the same thing for any good cause but showcasing. Why? Because Chinese space program is just so splendid and successful, hence suits for showing off, whereas Indian space program notorious for its high failure rate and frequent delays definitely is not something worth boasting about.

Same logic could be applied to HSR and bridges.

One more thing about HSR, now I finally understand why Indians are happily sticking with their broken railway system which crawls like a snail. HSR is out of their league, and will be useless even being built in India, that is how it is called cosmetic. Building a cosmetic HSR in India is just a waste of money, it is like gifting a car to a monkey, the monkey doesn't even know how to drive it.

But Ray is right, there will be no HSR accident in India in a near future, how could that be accomplished when you don't even have an inch of HSR? So at least feel proud of that.
China can build all new fancy ships and all but understand one thing USA would never allow china to grow militarily beyond a point ,they would even take all restriction on japan and would help japan to finish their unfinished business with china.By the way you people the remember Imperial Japan .....

nimo_cn

Country flag
China can build all new fancy ships and all but understand one thing USA would never allow china to grow militarily beyond a point ,they would even take all restriction on japan and would help japan to finish their unfinished business with china.By the way you people the remember Imperial Japan .....
I agree, USA will do everything they can to stop China from growing, if I was an American, I would have the same thought. And I am not sure if China could be able to shatter the chain America is imposing on China, because I am not an optimisit.

But that doesn't mean we should stop trying and building.

New threads

Articles