LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Guys I have serious question regarding mk1A like why does it have thise pitot tube on it's nose.
Aesa radars don't have it one the nose..
It affects AESA radars. Looks like the radome isn't delivered yet..
AESA radars have been delivered I guess

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Guys I have serious question regarding mk1A like why does it have thise pitot tube on it's nose.
Aesa radars don't have it one the nose..
It affects AESA radars. Looks like the radome isn't delivered yet..
AESA radars have been delivered I guess
The Gripen E which also has an AESA radar has retained the radome mounted pitot tube though. Perhaps the interference was minimal, so they haven’t removed it. I could be wrong though.
1711569110142.jpeg

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
The Gripen E which also has an AESA radar has retained the radome mounted pitot tube though. Perhaps the interference was minimal, so they haven’t removed it. I could be wrong though.
View attachment 245855
Per my understanding its less "interference" and more "distortion", and that distortion can be corrected through processing. Also take with a grain of salt but I think it makes upscaling/downscaling more difficult.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Per my understanding its less "interference" and more "distortion", and that distortion can be corrected through processing. Also take with a grain of salt but I think it makes upscaling/downscaling more difficult.
It affects aesa radar performance but not that much to bother. With algorithms distortion & interference can cleared. Another thing to note is gripen has movable antenna..
Couldn't that be late deliveries of radome. Who is making it a British firm I heard

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Lovely ❤🔥 can we now have the ASPJ installed on the trail like everyone else?.. or will it affect the tail-tip SATCOM? View attachment 245886
Do you know the Angad ASPJ jammer weights 130KG !
There is literally no space to even accomodate it's equipment inside and then put transmit & receive modules on horizontal stabilizer..
This ASPJ is even more complex it has receive modules too
It will be better if they accomodate it on middle pylon or ldp pylon as it won't eat a missile pylon then. But then it's field of view will be limited..

Last edited:

Satish Sharma

Country flag
HAL & ADA poster, newsletters has 7040 kg for foc, they trimmed 400kg... 7600 kg was target weight for MWF.
I believe FOC is 7070kg(around 7 tons )
And ioc was ~7500kg.
Here is screenshot from CAG report of 2015 claiming it was overweight by 1 ton..
We can say 1 ton weight has been reduced now.. many components were over engineered it took such huge amount of time, data which from those 5000-6000hrs flights of Tejas..
Screenshot_2024-03-28-01-10-44-52_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Hari Sud

Country flag
Bureaucratic mess of Aircraft airworthy approvals

This approval process is in a mess. Different heads of the bureaucracy have accorded themselves a higher authority and follow antiquated processes. Whether these are useful or worthless, we do not know. But I can guarantee that these are repetitive and designed to accord themselves a higher God like authority.

I do not want to mince words to say that a few of the delays are due to these stupidities. A highly bureaucratic person like AK Anthony build those process in collaboration with Defence Ministry bureaucrats. The latter wished to keep their power intact and the former wished to follow the political dictates of Congress Party to delay as much as possible by virtue of worthless processes and procedures.

Now these processes have become a law and bureaucrats around them will fight tooth and nail to retain these complications.

I do not wish again to mince words to say that last one month delay in handing over LCA to the Airforce is result of that…..

Shame on them.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Bureaucratic mess of Aircraft airworthy approvals

This approval process is in a mess. Different heads of the bureaucracy have accorded themselves a higher authority and follow antiquated processes. Whether these are useful or worthless, we do not know. But I can guarantee that these are repetitive and designed to accord themselves a higher God like authority.

I do not want to mince words to say that a few of the delays are due to these stupidities. A highly bureaucratic person like AK Anthony build those process in collaboration with Defence Ministry bureaucrats. The latter wished to keep their power intact and the former wished to follow the political dictates of Congress Party to delay as much as possible by virtue of worthless processes and procedures.

Now these processes have become a law and bureaucrats around them will fight tooth and nail to retain these complications.

I do not wish again to mince words to say that last one month delay in handing over LCA to the Airforce is result of that…..

Shame on them.
i think you are missing a key element that the political will makes or breaks the project its better said that if there is a will there is a way like you can see the political will of current government is to grow the economy hard and you can see the results better quicker infra projects,strategic roads by bro ,better connectivity they are going all out in that sector .
ps i think a month delay is kinda ok considering its hal (they have messed up timing big time much more than 1 month on multiple deliveries)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles