LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
The seniors are planning grand event to take credit and leak the pm's for some cream appointment after retirement.

This sad state of affair is the reason I want to see HAL out of any contracts in aerospace production.
My bud wants to see HAL out of any aerospace contracts lmao and who will produce this country's aircrafts then?

MirageBlue

Country flag
Are those mk1 trainer's coming with changes which were done in mk1A not talking abt EW, radar and all, changes like rearrangement of LRUs, to reduced maintenance. Etc etc.
Mk1a has less maintainance compared to mk1..
Not sure. The trainers were all built to the FOC standard.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
his beloved private sector industries, not one of which was ready to take up the SPV for the AMCA.
Let's forget SPV government offered tejas MK2 for production to private companies too and with HAL facilities too so they couldn't even cry about lack of infrastructure

Narasimh

Country flag
The seniors are planning grand event to take credit and leak the pm's for some cream appointment after retirement.

This sad state of affair is the reason I want to see HAL out of any contracts in aerospace production.
Accountability, vision and wisdom is not there, what can you do.. what's the point of waiting for the big first flight ceremony when your production rate target is always missed.. I know marketing is required but that can be done later as well when substantial mk1A is delivered. when the 100th mk1A is delivered then go in for the huge ceremony.. treating it like literal human baby, celebrating baby shower, first feeding ceremony, then mundan, then first birthday and so on.. humans raise 1-2 kids, hal has to deliver 200+ of these!

kamaal

Country flag
My bud wants to see HAL out of any aerospace contracts lmao and who will produce this country's aircrafts then?
The future is non-PSU units taking over complex defense aerospace projects. Tata has done it, Mahindra, Adani and L&Ts are planning to soon enter. I would like to see all the lethargic HAL employee thrown out with VRS.

his beloved private sector industries, not one of which was ready to take up the SPV for the AMCA.
Yes, if the MoD and HAL are your partners then it's better to stay away and save billions of investor money. In 15 years of starting AMCA the ADA/HAL duo couldn't produce 15 proper wind tunnel models. Nobody is trusting the current management with the execution of this project.

IAF has already raised alarms with lca delivery and instead of addressing this they are waiting for Mr. Uddhghatan(Inauguration) to score some PR points during MCC.

Imagine IAF going to war and looking for immediate availability of jets and babus at HAL denying to deliver the jet as Mr. Inauguration hasn't provided his precious time even working for 28 hours in a day.

MK1A 1st flight doesn't need much PR, MoD could have done the job with decent media time.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
The future is non-PSU units taking over complex defense aerospace projects. Tata has done it, Mahindra, Adani and L&Ts are planning to soon enter. I would like to see all the lethargic HAL employee thrown out with VRS.

Yes, if the MoD and HAL are your partners then it's better to stay away and save billions of investor money. In 15 years of starting AMCA the ADA/HAL duo couldn't produce 15 proper wind tunnel models. Nobody is trusting the current management with the execution of this project.

IAF has already raised alarms with lca delivery and instead of addressing this they are waiting for Mr. Uddhghatan(Inauguration) to score some PR points during MCC.

Imagine IAF going to war and looking for immediate availability of jets and babus at HAL denying to deliver the jet as Mr. Inauguration hasn't provided his precious time even working for 28 hours in a day.

MK1A 1st flight doesn't need much PR, MoD could have done the job with decent media time.
Well you have to accept a fact that HAL IS THE ONLY COMPANY IN INDIA CAPABLE OF MAKING AN AIRCRAFT while we can overlook the fact that hal has delivered very well in helicopter programs

your beloved non psu guys have blatently said no to fighter projects cause they lack experience not cause hal or others are shit
whats the problem with doing pr (if they didnt do you gonna say why so shit pr) the plane has already been rolled out so the spot is empty and as we are talking another tejas would be getting ready there

making manufaturing lines arnt easy it takes heavy investment too hal is also making too many things which i guess you would overlook
and as a final thing to say most of tejas mk1a parts are made by beloved private vendors and hal only assembles them
iaf aint gonna go to war till at least 2030 when taiwan capture is completed by our winne the poo

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
That antenna has been seen before.. Why is it being pointed out
i mean its a must to have feature these days (main reason for abhinandan's case) and mk1a which is truly a very good aircraft is getting it thats the only reason i pointed it out

Narasimh

Country flag
i mean its a must to have feature these days (main reason for abhinandan's case) and mk1a which is truly a very good aircraft is getting it thats the only reason i pointed it out
I meant this is already present in foc standard aircrafts... Dubai or LIMA demos you can see it.. so it's not something coming new with mk1a or am I missing something

MirageBlue

Country flag

Thak Gaya hu bro 🙏
Relax.

A delay of a few days, weeks or even a month is no big deal. What is of utmost importance is that systems, software are thoroughly and rigorously reviewed and then certified.

A fighter that will be ordered in a number as large as 180 units and will serve the IAF for 40 years, a few days here or there don't matter in the grand scheme. Overall the first Tejas Mk1A is ready.

We've all got too tied up to this first flight.

Global Defence

Articles