LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

TopWatcher

Country flag
Cant we add a technology, as we see Tejas gliding smoothly. Suppose engine fails and pilot ejected safely and Tejas is within Indian boundary than deploy a vertical parachute and make all engine/machines off. This way can land safely and Tejas can be prevent from destruction & can be reclaimed.

Just a thought came to my mind.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Cant we add a technology, as we see Tejas gliding smoothly. Suppose engine fails and pilot ejected safely and Tejas is within Indian boundary than deploy a vertical parachute and make all engine/machines off. This way can land safely and Tejas can be prevent from destruction & can be reclaimed.

Even better would be keeping big waterbodies at runway approch directions... Chhapak

NutCracker

Country flag

You would need really really big parachute for 10T aircraft.

Chinmoy

Country flag
other than fuel mixture sabotage I dont see other possible for gradual power loss in engine.

any other component will alarm the pilot before even taking off…

Other issue could be ingestion of FOC
How many engines have you made?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Applies the suggestion.
*Attracts migratory birds,
suddenly crashes grew 10X for reason unknown.

*Some clown put fishes into pond, attracts predator birds,
suddenly crashes grew 10X for reason unknown
Yea that was stupid...

Maybe since emergency landing strips nearby

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag

This only works for ultralight aircraft, (cirrus jet is the only jet plane with this AFAIK, and that thing is tinyyyy). Not worth.

Chinmoy

Country flag
sure on internet u r tony stark and I am a Space-marine …
do u think ppl r as stupid as you are 🤣

built a turbojet sure 👍
I am not sure about others. But you along with few others are sure approaching that point.

You are putting forward the theory of Foreign Object in engine. So basic ABC of flight, Foreign Object Ingestion by engine happens during the take off phase. In flight it happens due to bird strike or any such phenomenon which it itself is a very violent phenomenon. But if you would have listen to what the pilot said, he didn't mentioned any such event.

Second, your theory of fuel mixture is even more laugh worthy. You might be thinking a flight fuel storage or tank to be like that of your car which anyone can open up and put some sugar or sand to play foul. Or you might have thought that it was done at the refilling tanker level.

Now look at a mirror and think again whether or not you are approaching the point of stupidity or not?

Problem with guys like you is, if it would have been a Russian engine, you would have quick enough to blame the engine. But since it is an American engine, it is hard for guys like you to come to the term that engines can fail even without external factor.

omaebakabaka

Lol, there is no practical tradeoff that will come on top doing this. Water body idea is useless, it will explode the same in majority of scenarios.

spacemarine2023

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am not sure about others. But you along with few others are sure approaching that point.

You are putting forward the theory of Foreign Object in engine. So basic ABC of flight, Foreign Object Ingestion by engine happens during the take off phase. In flight it happens due to bird strike or any such phenomenon which it itself is a very violent phenomenon. But if you would have listen to what the pilot said, he didn't mentioned any such event.

Second, your theory of fuel mixture is even more laugh worthy. You might be thinking a flight fuel storage or tank to be like that of your car which anyone can open up and put some sugar or sand to play foul. Or you might have thought that it was done at the refilling tanker level.

Now look at a mirror and think again whether or not you are approaching the point of stupidity or not?

Problem with guys like you is, if it would have been a Russian engine, you would have quick enough to blame the engine. But since it is an American engine, it is hard for guys like you to come to the term that engines can fail even without external factor.
sure Turbo Jet developer and Pulse Jet engine creator…
🤣🤣🤣
Foreign object ingestion
And
Degraded Jet Fuel

is the most common recorded phenomenon for loss of power in Jet Engine…

Russian Jet engines also show the same data pattern…

kamaal

Country flag
This crash will teach more lessons than hundreds of test flights.
I still have a serious concern that the crashed aircraft was FOC variant and was delivered only 3-4 years back, it was a brand new jet and it crashed. Lets not apply 23 years of history in this case. CoI must be done carefully as this accident will open lot of discussion points.

Global Defence

Articles