LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Blood+

Country flag
Kaan does seem to have sideways serpentine intake. Am I mistaken?
View attachment 243376
I know your question is directed to someone else but since he made his comment in reply to my original comment, I'll try to answer your question. The thing is, I should have worded my comment better. What I meant was that, while the Kaan does have a curved inlet design, nevertheless the curvature cannot completely mask the engine blades due to the engines being placed too far apart from each other, as you can clearly see in the screen grab @Satish Sharma uploaded.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Turkey has announced its Stealth Aircraft is ready for production and we??
No most important thing critical design review is left. They will say anything but it is not going in production for atleast 8 years there engine isn't ready. They are going to make a engine with RR. RR engine with no elite technology transfer..
Even with the current engine it won't go in production.. as there fbw systems isnt ready to deploy.. even f35 took many years after first flight to join service.

raju1982

Country flag
If we're talking airframes, even the Iranians have a 5th gen fighter, lmao:

View attachment 243322
View attachment 243324

All of them did that sham with a straight face -- why can't Erdogan do the same? As is usual in the military field, those who say can't do, those who do won't say(perfect example is JF17 vs LCA Tejas)
Turkey is not Iran. Dont take it just another muslim country. they are good in defence tech. Thanks to NATO and other collaborations with Europe and US.

NutCracker

Country flag
No most important thing critical design review is left. They will say anything but it is not going in production for atleast 8 years there engine isn't ready. They are going to make a engine with RR. RR engine with no elite technology transfer..
Even with the current engine it won't go in production.. as there fbw systems isnt ready to deploy.. even f35 took many years after first flight to join service.
TEI gonna partner with RR,
but hol'up , I've got a surprise for you. TEI itself is a JV between TAI and G.E.

It's a khichadi and Turkey ain't getting any critical TOT from any side.

DumbPilot

Country flag
Turkey is not Iran. Dont take it just another muslim country. they are good in defence tech. Thanks to NATO and other collaborations with Europe and US.
Yes, Turkey does have knowledge of advanced manufacturing, machinery and the like. My point was made more in line with the fact that the recent KAAN flight is a propaganda measure at best, for some time -- their economy is in shambles, political instability, etc. On top of that, their internal industry for such high-profile projects(they've never even made a regular 4th gen plane with the apt sensors, human life support, etc.) is inadequate.

The jump to 5th gen right away is messy -- the Indian industry is a great example of that when we started with the Tejas from nothing

Although I suppose the best litmus test would be time, but I believe the Indian product would be in a better league than that of the Turks

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Dude most of there system are jv from air defence systems to 5gen aircraft.
And they are not getting elite tech at all..
There radars are all jv too.
They only make hype. Do you think they even have a single critical technology of regarding engine. Turkads come and say muh f16 has made in Turkish engine. They dont even know usa have only 15% tot rest all is just assembly.
Same way they were saying we made f16 at home. But designing is different thing..

Pandora

Country flag
They only make hype. Do you think they even have a single critical technology of regarding engine. Turkads come and say muh f16 has made in Turkish engine. They dont even know usa have only 15% tot rest all is just assembly.
Same way they were saying we made f16 at home. But designing is different thing..
Even Su 30 mki is more indigenous than their KAAN & NAAK

Satish Sharma

Country flag
No it had serpentine intakes, they got help from BAE Engineers. The point all the fancy features is just jhumla if your plane got no guaranteed engines. A fifth gen is lot more than airframe itself. If all it takes for a fifth gen fighter is just airframe and engines then lot more countries would make them.
Kaan does seem to have sideways serpentine intake. Am I mistaken?
View attachment 243376
Kaan does not have good stealthy air intakes.
Serpentine intakes are referred to as S shaped intakes in which engine fan is not visible from any angle.. in a shaped duct you cannot see another end, another factor which bae systems forgot was distance between two engines. which is quite more because of which s shaped duct is not easy to fit..
Here below is the image of intakes of kaan. if you see kaan from frontal aspect engine are hidden/stealth but from different angle it is not
images (1) (4).jpeg
IMG_20240309_153247.jpg

images (1) (8).jpeg

This are fa18s intakes look quite similar where
Engines are partially exposed but not from straight frontal aspect.
images (1) (6).jpeg
Boeing_F-A-18F_Super_Hornet,_United_States_-_US_Navy_(USN)_JP7509785.jpg

For comparison this are the serpentine intakes of amca(shared by shiv aroor)
and another one is of American stealth aircraft.
images (1) (1).jpeg
images (1) (2).jpeg
images (1) (3).jpeg

The another factor which people ignore is creeping wave return. To avoid creeping wave return you need this kind of serpentine Intakes.
156283-0539c766e0e1f8839dba82ea5861cae4.png
IMG_20240309_155113.jpg

To keep creeping wave return minimal you need to keep the intakes as much more serpentine as possible.. as the curve intake part contributes to creeping wave return to source.. I mean more the the serpentine lesser the creeping wave return. More the s shaped better it is with ram it will have least return. Compared to what kaan has..
Radar absorbing coating Is important even in visually hidden part of intakes... That's how f35 & f22 achieve so good stealth... And in case of kaan, engine are partially visible it is not s shaped (most important it will have quite alot of wave return) the return will be high from engine as well..
It wont be that stealthy..
Stealth doesn't mean just having ram & geometrical shape which won't return the wave. The creeping wave return is also a factor. That's why the nose of the 5th gen aircraft isn't circular anymore... that's why s shaped ducts are used...

I don't know you are getting it or not as my own concepts are not 100% clear. I might not convey it 100% precisely..
I guess @Chinmoy will have knowledge regarding this... Do correct me if I'm wrong..

slayingheaven

Country flag
Kaan does not have good stealthy air intakes.
Serpentine intakes are referred to as S shaped intakes in which engine fan is not visible from any angle.. in a shaped duct you cannot see another end, another factor which bae systems forgot was distance between two engines. which is quite more because of which s shaped duct is not easy to fit..
Here below is the image of intakes of kaan. if you see kaan from frontal aspect engine are hidden/stealth but from different angle it is notView attachment 243420View attachment 243401
View attachment 243434
This are fa18s intakes look quite similar where
Engines are partially exposed but not from straight frontal aspect.
View attachment 243403View attachment 243404
For comparison this are the serpentine intakes of amca(shared by shiv aroor)
and another one is of American stealth aircraft.
View attachment 243405View attachment 243406View attachment 243407

The another factor which people ignore is creeping wave return. To avoid creeping wave return you need this kind of serpentine Intakes.
View attachment 243416View attachment 243419

To keep creeping wave return minimal you need to keep the intakes as much more serpentine as possible.. as the curve intake part contributes to creeping wave return to source.. I mean more the the serpentine lesser the creeping wave return. More the s shaped better it is with ram it will have least return. Compared to what kaan has..
Radar absorbing coating Is important even in visually hidden part of intakes... That's how f35 & f22 achieve so good stealth... And in case of kaan, engine are partially visible it is not s shaped (most important it will have quite alot of wave return) the return will be high from engine as well..
It wont be that stealthy..
Stealth doesn't mean just having ram & geometrical shape which won't return the wave. The creeping wave return is also a factor. That's why the nose of the 5th gen aircraft isn't circular anymore... that's why s shaped ducts are used...

I don't know you are getting it or not as my own concepts are not 100% clear. I might not convey it 100% precisely..
I guess @Chinmoy will have knowledge regarding this... Do correct me if I'm wrong..
dude i know all the technicalities including the s-shape intake must have variable radius, they use nonlinear bezier curves all that. The only think i don't know is the whether the KAAN is truly serpentine, i looked your highlighted photo but its somewhat blurry, i reverse searched to find more quality pics but didn't find any. Iam not completely sure that highlighted part is engine, can you confirm it with more quality pic

TopWatcher

Country flag
Why guys u fighting. Let me them make first, whats a big deal. Is they going to attack us ?

daya

Country flag
Definitely, but what about our own home-production. Whether turkey's so-called stealth-fighter goes into production after 8 years or not, but should it not be debatable that we have developed an splendid platform without any crash, but its future and future derivatives are still under clouds...

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Definitely, but what about our own home-production. Whether turkey's so-called stealth-fighter goes into production after 8 years or not, but should it not be debatable that we have developed an splendid platform without any crash, but its future and future derivatives are still under clouds...
Sabar karo , sabar ka fal mitha hota hai. This discussion is irrespective of thread.

raju1982

Country flag
This video below from 2019, an example of Turkey's advancement in defence. Dont forget Byraktr drones. Another is we are taking ToT from Turkey for fleet support ship which will be built by HSL, Vizag. Though i oppose it as same HSL makes our nuclear submarines.

Many of their techs are not good as us and some of their techs are better than us. But what gives headache to me they are far better in maintaining timelines.

MysticBuzz

Country flag
Turkey has announced its Stealth Aircraft is ready for production and we??
fake news. no one announced any serial production of KAAN. The second and third prototypes are in production and the second prototype will roll-out by mid 2024. It will be the true flight test item. The first prototype they flew was intended as GTU at first but made flight-worthy later. The prototypes will somewhat differ from each other. The aircraft will get a bit smaller and nose shape will change, for instance.

If we're talking airframes, even the Iranians have a 5th gen fighter, lmao:

View attachment 243322
View attachment 243324

All of them did that sham with a straight face -- why can't Erdogan do the same? As is usual in the military field, those who say can't do, those who do won't say(perfect example is JF17 vs LCA Tejas)
the username checks out

Nope, the prototype doesn't have serpentine inlets.
It has serpentine intakes. The research, design and tests of S-shaped intakes were concluded much before the part production of the first prototype.

What is that visible thing :truestory: this are like fa18 intakes. Serpentine is quite different this kaan's type gives limited stealth only.especially from frontal aspect but let me tell you radars waves travel through intakes and do return to source. Stealth doesn't mean hiding engines visually. I won't give much context look it up. They have just a flying frame. This will require major design change internally bae fooled them after all Americans will they how it should be. if this is final design then good luck kaan.. they haven't done critical design review yet but made a prototype first wow... It is way behind amca as well. Do they have fully developed fly by wire systems we have our own quadruplex fbw system.. we have whole ecosystem of many sub systems unlike turkey who haven't made a 4th gen fighter yet.all LRUs are imported, acchuaters etc etc

View attachment 243372
It's fly-by-optics. Watch the first flight and see. Hürjet is also flying with fly-by-wire. LRUs, actuators imported? Do you know anything about this plane? I'll tell you what's imported. The engines, the ejection seat and the active side-stick.

Another complete bs post from you. Are you really that much detached from defense industry to claim it has JV radars?

I suggest you to go to the Turkish defense thread and educate yourself before embarrassing yourself.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
fake news. no one announced any serial production of KAAN. The second and third prototypes are in production and the second prototype will roll-out by mid 2024. It will be the true flight test item. The first prototype they flew was intended as GTU at first but made flight-worthy later. The prototypes will somewhat differ from each other. The aircraft will get a bit smaller and nose shape will change, for instance.

the username checks out

It has serpentine intakes. The research, design and tests of S-shaped intakes were concluded much before the part production of the first prototype.

It's fly-by-optics. Watch the first flight and see. Hürjet is also flying with fly-by-wire. LRUs, actuators imported? Do you know anything about this plane? I'll tell you what's imported. The engines, the ejection seat and the active side-stick.

Another complete bs post from you. Are you really that much detached from defense industry to claim it has JV radars?

I suggest you to go to the Turkish defense thread and educate yourself before embarrassing yourself.
Can you just tell me who make acchuaters of kaan ? coz last time I heard you were importing acchuaters of tb2 drone.. I was talking that fly by wire or optic system isnt ready for full envelope operations..
For radars I don't understand how can one develop in so short period. Even japan took alot of time who is the initial or first country to make AESA. Country who has alot of experience took quite alot of time..
you guys dont open up JV's..

Anyways what are the sub systems you guys have developed do let us know.. if not here then on respective thread...

Radar of hisar SAM & whole system come from jv with Franco -italian eurosam by Thales,mbda & Leonardo... Right
And naval radars were JV's too..
Like akrep radar which is basically sting radar of thales. With some indigeneous components.. right. So that's why I thought the ozgur radars are JVs too.. on which further development are done...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles