LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

NutCracker

Country flag
Have a query - the latest updates in the internet say that the max speed of Tejas Mark-1A is Mach 1.8. Earlier (Mark 1) it was 1.6. So, has the maximum speed really improved? If yes, what could have brought this improvement?
Power was already there. Slowly flying envelop was opened and certified.

johnj

5 X Gautam PGMs on the Tejas Mk1A prototype..for those who thought it couldn't replace the MiG-27s..

Mig 27 mainly used for CAS, ground attack, means still LCA lacks/behind mig27
1695295147558.png

Basic need for strike[jaguar] is able use to LBG and attack/cas[mig27] is to use EO AGM
Having 5 bombes make LCA a small bomber aircraft, not a mig27
The purpose of mig27 is similar to A10 or aircraft with AGM 65
Currently we import such weapons, drdo alternative is Dhruvastra,

1695296322220.png

Also The Mikoyan MiG-27 is a variable-sweep wing ground-attack aircraft,
The issue is not with LCA or ADA, but DRDO, DRDO forget about LCA weapons
Jaguar provide high accurate ground strike and Mig27 provide extreme accurate ground attack,
something ordinary and INS/GPS bombs can't provide. LCA armed with Gautam PGM cant replace both jaguar or mig27. This is the main reason why hammer missile having different versions
LCA is capable of carrying spice and LGB similar to Jaguar

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
Lca MKI is not Mig-27 but it can take over the rule of tactical bombing from Mig-27. in fact, it is my personal view that if twin pylons can be mounted on LCA MK 1, 1A then it will take over the role of Mirage 2000, Mig-29 and Jaguars also. Otherwise LCA MK2

johnj

Lca MKI is not Mig-27 but it can take over the rule of tactical bombing from Mig-27. in fact, it is my personal view that if twin pylons can be mounted on LCA MK 1, 1A then it will take over the role of Mirage 2000, Mig-29 and Jaguars also. Otherwise LCA MK2
Role of tactical bombing is done by jaguar, not mig27. mig21 is better than mig27 in tactical bombing and LCA is extremely superior to both in tactical bombing and match jaguar, or exceeded under current circumstances. But lacks behind m2k, mig29 in their respective roles. Before compare LCA with m2k, mig29 compare LCA with F16, it will give you a basic idea. Both m2k and mig29 are similar to F16.

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
Mig 27 mainly used for CAS, ground attack, means still LCA lacks/behind mig27
View attachment 223309
Basic need for strike[jaguar] is able use to LBG and attack/cas[mig27] is to use EO AGM
Having 5 bombes make LCA a small bomber aircraft, not a mig27
The purpose of mig27 is similar to A10 or aircraft with AGM 65
Currently we import such weapons, drdo alternative is Dhruvastra,

View attachment 223319
Also The Mikoyan MiG-27 is a variable-sweep wing ground-attack aircraft,
The issue is not with LCA or ADA, but DRDO, DRDO forget about LCA weapons
Jaguar provide high accurate ground strike and Mig27 provide extreme accurate ground attack,
something ordinary and INS/GPS bombs can't provide. LCA armed with Gautam PGM cant replace both jaguar or mig27. This is the main reason why hammer missile having different versions
LCA is capable of carrying spice and LGB similar to Jaguar
chicha humka to tum, jaguar nd mig 27 ka jabra fan malum padta hai. ghar ka address diyo apna. saara retired mig 27 nd retired hone ka examination dene wala jaguar, tohaar ghar ma hi pahuchaunga. sasura ka naati apna tejaswa ka koi stardum or izzat hi nhi hai society ma...😭😝😂🤭

johnj

chicha humka to tum, jaguar nd mig 27 ka jabra fan malum padta hai. ghar ka address diyo apna. saara retired mig 27 nd retired hone ka examination dene wala jaguar, tohaar ghar ma hi pahuchaunga. sasura ka naati apna tejaswa ka koi stardum or izzat hi nhi hai society ma...😭😝😂🤭
I'm big fan of LCA tejas, and I'm not make foolish/dumb arguments.
If IAF want mig27 replacement then they can consider lca mk2 around 126. For mig21, 200+ lca mk1 versions. For jaguar, 144+ amca. Plus additional 150+ mk2 considering m2k, mig29, mig27
Total, 200lca mk1 + 300 mk2. I'm no longer interested in Russian junks.
Any shortcomings will be ratified by CATS, loyal wingman, stealth bomber drone.
I believe, LCA mk2 became most successful aircraft operated by IAF in future and become backbone of IAF with longest services record. The biggest advantage of mk2 over mk1 is, future availability of 110kn+ Indian engine for mk2.

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
I'm big fan of LCA tejas, and I'm not make foolish/dumb arguments.
If IAF want mig27 replacement then they can consider lca mk2 around 126. For mig21, 200+ lca mk1 versions. For jaguar, 144+ amca. Plus additional 150+ mk2 considering m2k, mig29, mig27
Total, 200lca mk1 + 300 mk2. I'm no longer interested in Russian junks.
Any shortcomings will be ratified by CATS, loyal wingman, stealth bomber drone.
I believe, LCA mk2 became most successful aircraft operated by IAF in future and become backbone of IAF with longest services record. The biggest advantage of mk2 over mk1 is, future availability of 110kn+ Indian engine for mk2.
what about 36 nd possibly 114 rafale...r they not good enough to replace jaguar?? i think rafale is far better aircraft in ground attack than jaguar nd mirage 2000. even IAF will always choose mirage 2000 for ground strike missions than jaguar. rafale is next genration of mirage 2000.
AMCA will outclass all fighters (in india) in different missions, so they can be replacement of any current fighter in india.

johnj

what about 36 nd possibly 114 rafale...r they not good enough to replace jaguar?? i think rafale is far better aircraft in ground attack than jaguar nd mirage 2000.
Yes, rafale can replace all but I can't support 114 rafale, since I support LCA.
Only disadvantage of rafale is, it lack Brimstone class missile for CAS role
Rafale is a next gen replacement for jaguar nd mirage 2000, 3x better, according to French.

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
Yes, rafale can replace all but I can't support 114 rafale, since I support LCA.
Rafale is a next gen replacement for jaguar nd mirage 2000, 3x better, according to French.
okkk..but i m supporter of more rafale. 36+114= 150 is good number. but beside this 150-200 tejas mark 1a nd 170-200 tejas mark 2 is also must. if our budget dont allow 114 rafale, than we should atleast buy 36 more rafale.

vishnugupt

Country flag
if i m not wrong...rafale can carry more weapons. coz it hv 14 hardpoints compaire to su 30 mki 12 hardpoint. nd rafale can carry 9500 kg weapon payloads, compaire to 8000 kg by su 30 mki.
Guys who give you these random data ?? 9500 weapons payload for Rafale:eek1::eek1:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
This is how unguided tickets became a thing to be only on attack helos... CAS will increasingly become drone & gunship work.

Guys who give you these random data ?? 9500 weapons payload for Rafale:eek1::eek1:
Ya.. it's a fucking monster (ofcourse this includes drop-tanks in case of Rafale)

vishnugupt

Country flag
@Bleh

Should I ask you the way you asked me by Invoking Vedas by insulting Hindus???

Did Mother marry or Mohammad or Periyar/Bheemta told you that MKI have same payload capacity??? ( This reference you deserve at least once)

Su-30mki have 10 ton pure weapons carrying capacity with 9.5ton internal fuel capacity, means 5 tons more fuel than Rafale.

So if you comparing on Gl0b0h0m0s scale then I will say Su-30mki have roughly 15 tons payload capacity while Rafale have 9.5tons capacity.

Su-30mki payload is 1.5 times higher than Rafale. Now you can go and edit Wikipedia.

Last edited:

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
bro..if Dassault give this data about 9000+ kg weapon load for rafale. will u consider it random data?? look at 5 line. total external load capacity is more than nine tonnes. they r not talking about inbuilt fuel storage. do u want how much su 30 mki can carry external load. it is 8000 kg approx. yes su 30 mki hv more internal fuel storage, coz it consume more fuel.

Screenshot_20230921-210709.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles