LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

abingdonboy

Country flag
No.
LCA is light category, can't match MRFA
When IAF says LCA. it means all LCA variants including LCA mki[ioc, foc, a,b..] and mk2. MK1 replaces half/more than half of mig21 and mk2 fill the gaps of mig23, mig27, m2k, mig29
IAF want EU jets, 150 of them, it doesn't matter its m2k, rafale or other jets, I don't think MoD fall for IAF demands that easily, and these EU jets for countering PLAAF.
You’re just making things up, the CAS literally says 100 more MK1A

this has never appeared in the IAF’s force projections before, it has only ever mentioned 123 LCA MK1/1A and ~100 MRFA by 2030

so 100 more MK1A is almost certainly going to push MRFA out of the door as it’s abundantly clear there is never going to happen

on the capability front. The IAF had ~200 MIG-21/23/27/Jags to replace, whilst some were replaced by SU-30 squadrons the LCA takes care of that hole and is a serious capability jump on all of the above

I also think in 1-2 years they’ll be talking seriously about another 2-3 squadrons of Rafales off the shelf just to give them another edge

then in the 2030s the LCA MK.2 comes along and it is very capable and can do roughly 85% of the capabilities of the Rafales so they’ll just have to buy a significant lot of them alongside upgrading the SU-30s to a decent standard

Then AMCA on top.

MRFA was the generals’ fantasy but no serious person ever expected it

NutCracker

Country flag
No.
LCA is light category, can't match MRFA
When IAF says LCA. it means all LCA variants including LCA mki[ioc, foc, a,b..] and mk2. MK1 replaces half/more than half of mig21 and mk2 fill the gaps of mig23, mig27, m2k, mig29
IAF want EU jets, 150 of them, it doesn't matter its m2k, rafale or other jets, I don't think MoD fall for IAF demands that easily, and these EU jets for countering PLAAF.
118 demand will be shot down. maximum 2 dozen more Rafaels🎾 +26 M-variant.

After 15 years I can see those 26 transferred to Airforce. And navy shifting completely to TEDBF.

abingdonboy

Country flag

After 15 years I can see those 26 transferred to Airforce. And navy shifting completely to TEDBF.
‘Shifted to airforce’ is a fantasy, people said the same about the 29Ks possibly

services pay for their toys and extract the maximum possible life out of them, they aren’t going to trade between them

I’m still not that convinced the Rafale-M will ever be ordered, they haven’t even finalised the package Yet. It seems like another lollipop from GoI to keep partners interested (same with KA-226, MQ9B etc). IF they do it would be only logical to bundle it with some more IAF Rafales but despite the CDS post it doesn’t seem like joint purchases are even on the agenda

johnj

You’re just making things up, the CAS literally says 100 more MK1A
I only said, MoD yet to clear 100 more mk1a
I never said anything CAS or IAF in the case of 100 more mk1a.
this has never appeared in the IAF’s force projections before, it has only ever mentioned 123 LCA MK1/1A and ~100 MRFA by 2030
You know how to count,
MRFA- 114
GoI alrady brought 36
36+114 = 150
when mmrca gets AoN there is no mk1a, means requirement change wrt time
FYI, its not ~100, bout 114 mmrca.
In the case of LCA, 16ioc+16foc+18t+73a = 123
Now where 100 more MK1A gone ?
so 100 more MK1A is almost certainly going to push MRFA out of the door as it’s abundantly clear there is never going to happen
Because MoD not interested in MRFA currently, as I said before
on the capability front. The IAF had ~200 MIG-21/23/27/Jags to replace, whilst some were replaced by SU-30 squadrons the LCA takes care of that hole and is a serious capability jump on all of the above
Yes, I already said that. You need to consider IAF 42 sqn requirements, means more LCA orders
I also think in 1-2 years they’ll be talking seriously about another 2-3 squadrons of Rafales off the shelf just to give them another edge
2~3 sqn not under current consideration, we can talk this in mrfa thread
then in the 2030s the LCA MK.2 comes along and it is very capable and can do roughly 85% of the capabilities of the Rafales so they’ll just have to buy a significant lot of them alongside upgrading the SU-30s to a decent standard
LCA mk2 not a replacement of rafale and rafale not a replacement of mki
Then AMCA on top.
then - when ??
MRFA was the generals’ fantasy but no serious person ever expected it
No, a necessity arise during Kargil war

PLAAF can easily send 100s of J20, to counter that IAF need similar jets, a new kind of challenge IAF never experienced before. A reason why IAF fantasy never die, and future PLAAF may send h20 and 6th gen, which keep them alive. -these my made up statement
If you really want to sent a fighter jet into Himalayas, you choose jets with reliable engine ,consider long range, high twr, high energy state, also give importance to dual engine. LCA mk2 with 110kn engine falls in this category.

LCAmk1 and its future versions plus LCA mk2 can easily handily Pak, so I'm neglecting others. For jags I consider rafale.

johnj

OK.
The point is LCA mk1/mk2 not a replacement of mmrca/mrfa.
Great news is IAF need 300+ LCA, if no mmrca/mrfa more order to LCA[mk2]

abingdonboy

Country flag
I only said, MoD yet to clear 100 more mk1a
I never said anything CAS or IAF in the case of 100 more mk1a.

You know how to count,
MRFA- 114
GoI alrady brought 36
36+114 = 150
when mmrca gets AoN there is no mk1a, means requirement change wrt time
FYI, its not ~100, bout 114 mmrca.
In the case of LCA, 16ioc+16foc+18t+73a = 123
Now where 100 more MK1A gone ?

Because MoD not interested in MRFA currently, as I said before

Yes, I already said that. You need to consider IAF 42 sqn requirements, means more LCA orders

2~3 sqn not under current consideration, we can talk this in mrfa thread

LCA mk2 not a replacement of rafale and rafale not a replacement of mki

then - when ??

No, a necessity arise during Kargil war

PLAAF can easily send 100s of J20, to counter that IAF need similar jets, a new kind of challenge IAF never experienced before. A reason why IAF fantasy never die, and future PLAAF may send h20 and 6th gen, which keep them alive. -these my made up statement
If you really want to sent a fighter jet into Himalayas, you choose jets with reliable engine ,consider long range, high twr, high energy state, also give importance to dual engine. LCA mk2 with 110kn engine falls in this category.

LCAmk1 and its future versions plus LCA mk2 can easily handily Pak, so I'm neglecting others. For jags I consider rafale.
No MRFA are coming, end of story.

this move is only because that reality is dawning on the generals

Javelin_Sam

Country flag

Rafale's will come. Around 4-5 squadrons for IAF and 26 for Navy. The french won't agree to the joint IP for 125 KN engine without extracting their piece of cake. All these Astra integration on Rafael is not without any long term plan. IAF is already short of 10 squadrons now. On top of it, they need to replace around 170-200 Mig 29, Mirage and Jaguars in by 2035.

Azaad

Country flag

Additional Mk-1a will likely eat into the Mk-2 numbers. See the additional procurement as making up for the depleting squadron nos.

MRFA is a certainty too. So is the final procurement of Rafale M. You don't go thru all these procedures only to say no Rafale M at the end. Makes us look foolish. Also MRFA procurement is deeply linked to the JV for the 125 KN AMCA Mk-2 TF.

standard snowball

Country flag
Are 42 squadrons really enough, given how fast the PLAAF is expanding is this 2 decade old aircraft number enough.
I think there is more than enough requirement for 223 mk1a and 114 mrfa and mk2 and AMCA

vishnugupt

Country flag
PLAAF can easily send 100s of J20, to counter that IAF need similar jets, a new kind of challenge IAF never experienced before.
I think, now should buy J20 for perfect match. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The french won't agree to the joint IP for 125 KN engine without extracting their piece of cake.
Also MRFA procurement is deeply linked to the JV for the 125 KN AMCA Mk-2 TF.
Brothers, is this inside story or gut feelings??

kamaal

Country flag
MRFA/MMRCA2 is way more complex than first MMRCA. IAF is making case for it, MoD is ignoring or delaying and waiting for the LCA MK2.

I don't know why they(MoD, IN & IAF) haven't clubbed Rafale M with R F4s.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Additional Mk-1a will likely eat into the Mk-2 numbers. See the additional procurement as making up for the depleting squadron nos.

MRFA is a certainty too. So is the final procurement of Rafale M. You don't go thru all these procedures only to say no Rafale M at the end. Makes us look foolish. Also MRFA procurement is deeply linked to the JV for the 125 KN AMCA Mk-2 TF.
MRFA isn’t feasible, it’s too complicated and pricey, there’s a reason it hasn’t made any progress in almost 10 years. Not even the RFP is out.

MK.2 is a post 2030s induction, MK1As will be ordered/inducted this side of 2030 and once production is humming the lines will be used

additional Rafales will be ordered but that’s it. The 125kn engine will be offset by plenty of other sweeteners for the French

Azaad

Country flag
MRFA isn’t feasible, it’s too complicated and pricey, there’s a reason it hasn’t made any progress in almost 10 years. Not even the RFP is out.

MK.2 is a post 2030s induction, MK1As will be ordered/inducted this side of 2030 and once production is humming the lines will be used

additional Rafales will be ordered but that’s it. The 125kn engine will be offset by plenty of other sweeteners for the French
Whether MRFA takes the form of piece meal induction a la MKIs like the late CDS Gen Rawat firmly advocated or we go in for a tender , those FAs will be procured one way or another .

The 125 KN is a clean sheet design based on studies already conducted on the SAFRAN M-88 . It'd never be part of the offsets but totally dependent on the quantities ordered by India as a whole .

Back on Strat Front a French member Picdelamirand-Oil , an ex Dassault employee & superior of Trappier the current CEO of Dassault has repeatedly been claiming for years that developing an uprated version of the M-88 for both the Rafale as well a clean sheet 125 KN TF to service the AMCA Mk-2 requirements of the IAF is no big deal & can be easily accomplished in less than a decade .

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
MRFA/MMRCA2 is way more complex than first MMRCA. IAF is making case for it, MoD is ignoring or delaying and waiting for the LCA MK2.

I don't know why they(MoD, IN & IAF) haven't clubbed Rafale M with R F4s.
Buzz in sm that amca ccs clearance will happen today

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
No they don't, atleast Super Sukhoi isn't supposed to... they may get picked-up earlier but EW is a thing. Detection doesn't mean engagement.

Egyptian Rafales fully jammed their Su-35s radar guidance of missiles.
dude u cant jam infrared sensor of aircraft, SU 30 mki hv infrared sensor...su 30 mki hv best WVR missile python 5 nd i think MICA IR also. so he is right, su 30 mki is very deadly in close combat. i heard our IIT guys develop two type of ram coating. one is cheaper nd 80% absorption coating. if we applied it in su 30 mki nd its weapon, it will definitely reduce its RCS. nd drdo EW system is made from gallium nitrite. so it can become more stealthy nd close their distance more with enemy fighter. with uttam radar gallium nitrite aesa radar nd astra 2 (160 km range) su 30 mki become quite formidable aircraft. atleast against 4.5 genration, if not 5 genration aircraft. we r also going to upgrade its infrared sensor.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
dude u cant jam infrared sensor of aircraft, SU 30 mki hv infrared sensor...
Reread the conversation so you get what we were talking about... The reread my comment.
You're response is completely unrelated to anything i said.

Where is jamming-IR sensor coming in a conversation about jamming stealth jet's rada & targeting capability vis-a-vis their advantage over non-stealth jets?

Pazhassiraja

Country flag
Have a query - the latest updates in the internet say that the max speed of Tejas Mark-1A is Mach 1.8. Earlier (Mark 1) it was 1.6. So, has the maximum speed really improved? If yes, what could have brought this improvement?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles