LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

MonaLazy

Salaries are unironically good. The problem is isn't most of our IT Sector just service and maintenance, and not real RAD?
Even if you offer salaries, is the RAD talent really there? Specially in aerospace, something not exactly 'common'?
Did hear Dr Deodhare in an interview say that he returned to be able to get his hands on 'core work', implied meaning, something that would have been denied to him abroad whichever big aerospace firm he joined.

TopWatcher

Country flag
First of all there is no engineers in IT sector, only contract workers, and they are getting 25k inr or less, sometime they make loss also.
Yes, Aeronautical Engineers gets best salaries but below IT sector and peanuts compered to CSE sector. note- Indi lacks the capability to absolve those high level Aeronautical Engineers
Engineers job securities depends on gov policies and monopoly.
A capitalist spend 100K $ to build a ecosystem for IT sector and spends billions in salaries, on the other hand capitalists spend billions $ to build a ecosystem for Engg sector and pays 100K in salaries
Note- a contract engineers gets 20k to 50k in ISRO and ISRO engineers gets 1l to 2.5l pm
FYI- 25 years ago when a gov engineer retires they hardly saves anything, means retires with a house and very little savings and forced to do other jobs. Now gov employees below engineer acquire new house and having a car before a decade. In simple, olden days gov engager salaries very low and low compared to private sector, but today gov engineers getting huge salaries, very better compared to Private sector. There is no innovation in gov engineers sector now a days, jut developing old/vintage tech but in olden days there was a lots of innovations, but gov discouraged all in favored of foreign tech. No Gov engineers consider giving up their jobs for foreign engineering jobs, but they give up their for jobs in foreign low level IT sector jobs. Majority of top Engineer in India consider coding/MBA now a days.
IT sector creates multiple millionaires and billionaires every year, but engineering ........
Don't compare the salaries of engineer vs IT pro vs MBA vs LDC - they were doing entirely different works
Private sector[mainly foreign} pays 1.5l and above for engineers working in future tech[R&D&D] & new innovations but below IT sector with out job securities or pension.
DRDO, ISRO, HAl, ADA, DPSU offer best engineering opportunities and better salaries, but only issue is funds, GOI never give funds on time, and funds were too low to fully develop and complete the product
Here you talking about IT infra or software development ?

TopWatcher

Country flag
Now a days narrative starts building that India IT services are just workers and nothing else. Why ? because India's IT export increasing exponentially that other countries not able to digest.

Do you really think that their is no engineering in IT services (software development), than open your eyes. Just go and visit any software development company and see what people solving with their innovations. Don't go with OpenAI founder saying Indian cant build that. Indian companies internally already using ML / AI / DM to solve customers problem.

People higher package becoz companies know what their people innovating.

johnj

"There are no engineers in the Information technology sector only contract workers", maybe your definition of the IT sector is different from mine. A principal member of the technical staff (PMTS) or a C(Consulting)MTS in a top company makes anywhere from 50 - 80 lakhs. I am pretty sure if one offers these kinds of salaries to R&D engineers in aerospace one will attract top talent from India & abroad. Yes, you won't get job security or pension but you will save money unless you decide to squander it all away.
You totally confused by engineering in computer software field vs Mech/Civil/Electrical Engineering.
50 - 80 is for entry/bottom/medium level salary for IT sectors, and that is the highest pay for Mech/Civil/Electrical/Electronics Engineering working in high level alien tech and only small no.of engineers getting that salary, if Gov decides to recruit Russian or German Engineers then Gov pays them around 1cr In India there is only 2 or 6 companies need High tier aeronautical engineers, means Indian gov can get high tier aerospace engineer for 6 lacks per annum, From Google search- PMTS or a C(Consulting)MTS in aerospace Engg sector getting salaries average of 10 to 14 pa & ADA engg getting around 10 to 30l. Average salary of Engineer in private sector 20k - 35k & gov sector 1l to 1.5l. In the case of ADA, ADA is developing two decade old tech aircraft, ie 4th gen, on the other EU/US/China/Russia/Japan developing 6th gen, a gap of more than 3 to 4 decade
If gov spends like you said, plus infra costs, the end product become over priced, and IAF prefer less priced foreign NG fighter. CSE/MCA/IT/MBA/CA is uppermost of salary package and Engg in bottom as low as 2000INR pm
IIT Mandi Placements 2022-23: Rise in Average Salary Packages to Over 13 Lakhs for Mechanical Engineering Students
As per the reports, IIT-Mandi has recorded a significant spike in placement in the past five years. The institute's average salary for the Mechanical Engineering Department has escalated from 7.56 lakhs per annum in 2018 to 13.47 lakhs per annum in 2022. More details have been mentioned below.
= which include IT/Banking/MBA sector.
Aerospace Engineer Salary in India
Average salary around 4.8l ie 40000 INR pm
ADA & HAL pays around 65000 to 250000 per month average around 1.2L - highest paid Engg jobs in India[if you Exclude Computer Science Engineering/Software Engg/DataML/frimware/Al engg etc all those related to Computer software]

johnj

Both
Everything related to software, which including a lots of engg works. vs rest
IT infra is mainly related to hardware, ie ECE comes under ME, CE, EEE, AE etc
when cse/se etc make 1cr majority of the people believe Aero Engg also make same or above, its untrue they only make a fraction of engineering in software field and AE is top earners in engg field, A pilot make more money than a AE. A reason why IAF pilots love Civilian Airlines
ISI using beautiful women pics and job in IT sector to lure GoI engineers/scientists , women for old & it job for youngsters

johnj

Now a days narrative starts building that India IT services are just workers and nothing else. Why ? because India's IT export increasing exponentially that other countries not able to digest.

Do you really think that their is no engineering in IT services (software development), than open your eyes. Just go and visit any software development company and see what people solving with their innovations. Don't go with OpenAI founder saying Indian cant build that. Indian companies internally already using ML / AI / DM to solve customers problem.

People higher package becoz companies know what their people innovating.
Its about two kind of engg, one depend on Nature & other depend on semiconductor chip.
the engineer you talking about need only a 450$ equipment for most of their work but other ones need huge investments some times in billion $, natural resources, huge infra, rare natural resources, plus huge political will and India far far behind in this sector
I know how engineering in software field work, but you know, for that we need semiconductor and we depends on foreign counters for majority of semiconductor, especially China & US
When a Indian IT sector make 1 billion, foreign company make 100billion, using the same software.
Yes, salary package or money earned/made depends on Innovations.
Most these innovation happens inside a semiconductor, but in the case of ADA they need innovation both inside/outside a semiconductor, and it require more time to certify and extremely hard to certify
due to test like
1686810418188.png

1686810548682.png

1686810597104.png

Plus real field test, most of member in this forum consider its like intergalactic tests
On the other hand the engineering/innovation you talking about happening inside a semiconductor chip which is protected by a ECE/Mech Engineers innovation
In simple it doesn't matter how much a engineer is earing, but important this is how good is the test facilities, labs and safety, particularly safety very important in engineering, same can't say about the engineering you are talking about. Huge Salaries is a important in engineering in software field but for other engineering fields, safety is more important
Do you know how Indian software revolution started ???
Do you really think ADA going to complete MK2 development in 2028?
If iaf is lucky, then before 2035 else........... in the same period USAF/UK/China considering 6th gen in their AF

jai jaganath

Country flag
Its about two kind of engg, one depend on Nature & other depend on semiconductor chip.
the engineer you talking about need only a 450$ equipment for most of their work but other ones need huge investments some times in billion $, natural resources, huge infra, rare natural resources, plus huge political will and India far far behind in this sector
I know how engineering in software field work, but you know, for that we need semiconductor and we depends on foreign counters for majority of semiconductor, especially China & US
When a Indian IT sector make 1 billion, foreign company make 100billion, using the same software.
Most these innovation happens inside a semiconductor, but in the case of ADA they need innovation both inside/outside a semiconductor, and it require more time to certify and extremely hard to certify
due to test like
View attachment 210290
View attachment 210291
View attachment 210292
Plus real field test, most of member in this forum consider its like intergalactic tests
On the other hand the engineering/innovation you talking about happening inside a semiconductor chip which is protected by a ECE/Mech Engineers innovation
In simple it doesn't matter how much a engineer is earing, but important this is how good is the test facilities, labs and safety, particularly safety very important in engineering, same can't say about the engineering you are talking about. Huge Salaries is a important in engineering in software field but for other engineering fields, safety is more important
If iaf is lucky, then before 2035 else........... in the same period USAF/UK/China considering 6th gen in their AF
COAS has also said the induction of mk2 to be in 2030-32 so expect delay from that period
Better to focus on that as PD shouldn't be trusted

johnj

COAS has also said the induction of mk2 to be in 2030-32 so expect delay from that period
Better to focus on that as PD shouldn't be trusted
Induction means adding first aircraft into IAF, not a great achievement, two major milestone are first flight and foc in our case. Induction can happen with half backed product, but mass production only happens after FOC and FOC given by AF. I'm talking about FOC.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Induction means adding first aircraft into IAF, not a great achievement, two major milestone are first flight and foc in our case. Induction can happen with half backed product, but mass production only happens after FOC and FOC given by AF. I'm talking about FOC.
Yeah even I am indicating the sams thing
That induction will definitely post 2032 be it in non foc or foc
I was saying not to believe the PD who suggests that testing and all will be complete before 2029
They will roll out in 2025 then ff in 2026 testing would easily take 7-8 years

TopWatcher

Country flag
due to test like
View attachment 210290
View attachment 210291
View attachment 210292
Just a saying that to prove your point dont down others work. Every field has its own engineering demand.

johnj

Just a saying that to prove your point dont down others work. Every field has its own engineering demand.
Yes they do, but saying every one need same salary is wrong, even agriculture/farming sector having engineers,
I'm not downing others work, but how each sectoring doing their job, becz you want to making unwanted comparisons. Like it or not, CSE innovation happens inside a small CPU, better the program better the results Just imagine when 100000s of those cpu combined used to find solution for task which take 100s of year human paperwork with less accurate result. I'm not the downing others work, you are, do you have any idea how big is ads business ?? about personal data collection ?? majority of money for IT comes from these sectors & from financial sector, entertainment sector.
This thread is dedicated to lcamk1a
A large amount of CSE worked in lca pgrm, but mk1 not a software intensive jet like mk2 or amca
MK2 comes with sensor fusion and amca with ai + sensor fusion + self healing and software innovation is key to achieve superiority over other jets, let see how much ADA going to pay for CSE employees.
Software development is another area, that may cause additional delay in FOC.
What is the current status of IRST development ?? EOTS pod development ??

standard snowball

Country flag
I have a few questions
1. why were funds released for tejas in 1993 when the desgin was completed in 1989.
2. What delays caused the first flight to be pushed to 2001 when the 1st TD was rolled out in 1995 was it because of change of engine from kaveri to f404 or because of 1998 sanctions, or the GSQR changes of 1997, or technological hurdles faced b y the program.

I am reading about Tejas and its history so i will keep asking more questions, hope you guys don't mind.
Also please recommend me some books and other refrence materials for learning more about Tejas

Gandaberunda

Country flag
I have a few questions
1. why were funds released for tejas in 1993 when the desgin was completed in 1989.
2. What delays caused the first flight to be pushed to 2001 when the 1st TD was rolled out in 1995 was it because of change of engine from kaveri to f404 or because of 1998 sanctions, or the GSQR changes of 1997, or technological hurdles faced b y the program.

I am reading about Tejas and its history so i will keep asking more questions, hope you guys don't mind.
Also please recommend me some books and other refrence materials for learning more about Tejas
Instead of learning about Tejas from 1980 and boil your blood and lose your hairs just learn about Tejas from Parikkar showing Tejas down the throat of united nation AF chief that would be enough.

Azaad

Country flag
I have a few questions

You've come here at the wrong time kid. All the veterans who've kept track of the LCA project since the very beginning out here have either quit online forums or a few of them who're around are on Twitter. What you have now are the archives here & on BRF. Help yourself to it .

Try getting your hand on this for the early documented history of the LCA project.

Tejas Story: The Light Combat Aircraft Project https://amzn.eu/d/a87hnK0

Reactions: SKC

standard snowball

Country flag
Instead of learning about Tejas from 1980 and boil your blood and lose your hairs just learn about Tejas from Parikkar showing Tejas down the throat of united nation AF chief that would be enough.
Oh, dont worry abut that i have developed a thick skin just from reading the Para SF and DRDO thread.

How much worse can it get, UN generals can't disappoint me any further.
Anyways why do you thibk UN generals didn't want tejas, what alternative they had in their mind to replace Mig 21 if not tejas.

Anyways can anyone answer my 2 questions i asked earlier

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Oh, dont worry abut that i have developed a thick skin just from reading the Para SF and DRDO thread.

How much worse can it get, UN generals can't disappoint me any further.
Anyways why do you thibk UN generals didn't want tejas, what alternative they had in their mind to replace Mig 21 if not tejas.
General idea of import lobby and foreign maal fetish generals is to scupper the indigenous manufacturing or building up the capabilities because Tejas would pay the way for ecosystem. Tejas is just not a fighter aircraft it’s whole eco system of Indian fighter Aviation industry and they literally succeeded for 30 years.MMRCA circus is still going on and if you ask for UN general on importing aircraft’s the eyes will light off

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
How many LCA so far,
Is anyone keeping track?
How many did we produce this year and last year?

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
How many LCA so far,
Is anyone keeping track?
How many did we produce this year and last year?
Overall the 40 ac order is delayed by one year due to Covid stuff. But I guess it’s ok. By next year 8 trainers are to be delivered. And 1st Mk1A has already flown last year. There were reports, HAL would deliver trainers first and then Mk1A, including 10 from the 831A order. Again not sure if the trainers are FOC or 1A version. By 2025 should be clear.
Hopefully another 50 is cleared. It’s important to keep the line running and have close to 200 Mk1 jets if we want to touch 42 Sq. Having something is better than nothing

silverghost

Country flag
Salaries are unironically good. The problem is isn't most of our IT Sector just service and maintenance, and not real RAD?
Even if you offer salaries, is the RAD talent really there? Specially in aerospace, something not exactly 'common'?
Really? I have worked in this sector for 30 years with the best companies in the world and I don't have that view. Research a startup named YugaByte, it's funded by Sequoia but 80% of the R&D work has been done in India. It has a multi-billion dollar valuation. It is competing against the best of the best in its category & winning. I know of many such examples. There is superlative talent in the area of Software development in India. There are many who are doing exceptional work. Nowadays in silicon valley if your startup doesn't have a good strategy for getting its Research & Development in India, the VC firm funding you considers it a negative. I know because I work in the Silicon Valley.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles