LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
Brahmos-NG is way too heavy to fit on any Pylons of Tejas.
Brahmos-NG is suppose to weigh around 1.5 tons.

View attachment 147842

An old image from this forum describing Pylons against weight.
Dz-yENcWoAEj9UP-781x441.jpg

Please have a look at this Dummy Version of Upgraded BrahMos NG Missile on Dummy Tejas Showcased at Yelahanka Air Base in Bengaluru. Here itself we know that Brahmos NG will be there on Tejas.

Which leads me to 3 scenarios:-
  • 1)MK-1A might have a higher weight certified Pylon for the aircraft.
  • 2)Brahmos NG will be light or be made light enough to be able to fit on the Tejas Pylon.
  • 3) Will be mix of both No. 1 and No. 2
And also in any combat scenario, if Tejas will be using Brahmos NG for any type of Anti-shipping role than it will Carry atleast 2 missiles (1 on each wing).

Shuturmurg

Country flag
View attachment 147844

Please have a look at this Dummy Version of Upgraded BrahMos NG Missile on Dummy Tejas Showcased at Yelahanka Air Base in Bengaluru. Here itself we know that Brahmos NG will be there on Tejas.

• 1)MK-1A might have a higher weight certified Pylon for the aircraft.r
  • 2)Brahmos NG will be light or be made light enough to be able to fit on the Tejas Pylon.
And also in any combat scenario, if Tejas will be using Brahmos NG for any type of Anti-shipping role than it will Carry atleast 2 missiles (1 on each wing).
Brahmos-ng is tentatively supposed to be around 1500 kg.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am really having a feeling that Malaysia has purposely postponed the decision to next year because of Tukrish Hurjet and they want to buy it From Turkey Because Turkey is Islamic majority country like Malaysia so hence Malaysia might Opt for Hurjet as a whole. I really don't trust these Islamic countries.
Don’t confuse Malaysian Muslims with Indian/Pakistani Pasmanda Muslims
Malaysia is not a party to Ashrafiya Pasmanda Gandmasti tradition of Purani Delhi , Agra , Lucknow , Hyderabad , Peshawar or Lahore

Super Flanker

Banned
Brahmos-ng is tentatively supposed to be around 1500 kg.
If we will see brahmos on Tejas than it will have to be Tejas MK-1A Which will have it. Tejas MK-1? I don't think so but I guess MK-1 will get NG after they are Upgraded to MK-1A standards.

Super Flanker

Banned
India looking to get four more Tejas squadrons in two years? How many aircraft per squadron - 0? I wonder how familiar the writer is with the Tejas programme.
A Squadron of any aircraft in Militaries typically has a number of Aircrafts Ranging from 18-20.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
View attachment 147844

• 1)MK-1A might have a higher weight certified Pylon for the aircraft.
Or Brahmos-NG could be integrated with Tejas Mk. 2 (MWF)

johnj

Indian LCA combat aircraft now being armed with American JDAM precision bombing kits
View attachment 147840

New Delhi [India], March 29 (ANI): In a major capability boost for the indigenous LCA Tejas combat aircraft, the Indian Air Force is equipping them with American Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) kits which would help them target enemy positions with pinpoint accuracy.
The Indian Air Force had recently signed a contract for the JDAM kits which help air to ground bombs to attack their targets with precision at distances of over 80 kms, government sources told ANI here.

The first fleet to be equipped with these JDAMs would be that of the Light Combat Aircraft Tejas which is going to be one of the mainstays of the force in the future, the sources said.

The capability would give a further edge to the homegrown aircraft over the adversary aircraft as they would be able to destroy targets from standoff distances, they said.

The Indian Air Force had recently equipped the Tejas with the French-origin Hammer air to ground stand-off missile along with the indigenous Astra indigenous air to air missiles.

Indian armed forces have extensively utilised the delegated financial powers granted to them in different phases by the government to equip themselves with the necessary weaponry to handle any conflict or aggression by enemies on both sides.

The Indian Air Force is strongly supporting the indigenous LCA Tejas fighter aircraft programme by adding more and more capabilities to the aircraft.

The IAF has already operationalised two of its squadrons in the initial operational clearance and final operational clearance versions while a contract has been signed for the 83 Mark1As set to be delivered a couple of years from now.

The IAF has also its eyes set on the LCA Mark 2 and the AMCA being developed by the DRDO for it. (ANI)

Little bit help here- ''JDAM kits which help air to ground bombs to attack their targets with precision at distances of over 80 kms '', and ''pinpoint accuracy''. - in my knowledge, jdam lacks both, but it uses gps+ins for hitting target. spike,hammar ir/eo and sdb2 more accurate, can achieve 50km plus.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Foolish question, please pardon me
Can jdam be used in russian bombs like ofab 250 , fab 500 etc ?
Because this is what sukhois use

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles