LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Is that so, because some of the IAF pilots I have talked to aren't impressed by Tejas. They regard m2k highly than Tejas . Also su30 will se Tejas first , no doubt about it . I am not gonna say because pilot told me but because su30 has guided missile to 100km at a target of less RCS than Tejas Aka banshee . So I don't know where you get that Tejas will see su30 first, maybe in certain situations like when it's flying low but that wouldn't be much useful in BVR
Bdw Tejas is getting astra ......
I have. Seen pilot s saying that ..Tejas is as good as un upgraded mirage 2000

Abhay Rajput 02

Bdw Tejas is getting astra ......
I have. Seen pilot s saying that ..Tejas is as good as upgraded mirage 2000
what you are talking about as good as upgraded mirage 2000. I repeat Tejas is nowhere as mirage 2000. Tejas mk1a will outmatch mirage 2000 in all areas except payload. Astra on Tejas might give it bvr advantage but BVR battle is tricky . And at best Tejas can only carry 2 astra to mirage 6 mica + 2 drop tanks. In 1vs 1 mirage 2000 will always have upper hand even against Tejas armed with astra missile, simply because mirage can dodge 2 astra missile fired from 50+km distance and turn cold . After 2 missile gone, it would be dogfight in which m2k will beat Tejas quite easily. Don't underestimate mica missile it was primary weapon of rafale until meteor was operational means (2018).

Rohan Naik

Country flag
If we can't build something then it's the fault of the nation rather than HAL or airforce.
HAL is the agency which our nation has shown it's confidence. A friend of mine who worked as a 2nd party associate with them has told me the apathetic story about how people work there and with what level of commitment. So please, HAL is hands in glove in this crime.

Abhay Rajput 02

HAL is the agency which our nation has shown it's confidence. A friend of mine who worked as a 2nd party associate with them has told me the apathetic story about how people work there and with what level of commitment. So please, HAL is hands in glove in this crime.
Nobody is stopping the rest of Indians to join HAL if they can qualify and make it a better place .

Rohan Naik

Country flag
Nobody is stopping the rest of Indians to join HAL if they can qualify and make it a better place .
Nobody is today's fast paced environment will work with an establishment which is not competitive and has no merit when highlighted in their CVs. Just imagine would you like to work in SBI or HSBC? Unless you want a settled or unchallenging career aspirations and post retirement benefits.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
what you are talking about as good as upgraded mirage 2000. I repeat Tejas is nowhere as mirage 2000. Tejas mk1a will outmatch mirage 2000 in all areas except payload. Astra on Tejas might give it bvr advantage but BVR battle is tricky . And at best Tejas can only carry 2 astra to mirage 6 mica + 2 drop tanks. In 1vs 1 mirage 2000 will always have upper hand even against Tejas armed with astra missile, simply because mirage can dodge 2 astra missile fired from 50+km distance and turn cold . After 2 missile gone, it would be dogfight in which m2k will beat Tejas quite easily. Don't underestimate mica missile it was primary weapon of rafale until meteor was operational means (2018).
I have edited... It to unupgraded..,..
I have heard hvtiaf sir saying that Tejas is as good as unupgraded mirage 2000....
Bdw how Mirage 2000 will dodge 2 astra bvrs ....

vishnugupt

Country flag
Most of people here just want their Ego satisfaction by comparing jets or any weapons head to head with another and if One has found lesser in any parameters then they discard it as dud or useless which is not the case most of time.
Some people simply got panicked by realising what will happen if Tejas met J-20 in Himalayas?? And literally it could be anything... Because great heights are suitable for Hit and run and ambushes.
Once armed force bought product they soon become unhappy with product. IAF not happy with MiG-29, not happy with Su-30 engine, not happy with R-27-73-77, but as opportunity arise they buy these jets missiles instantaneously.
Before 2016, we were fed by lies on daily against Tejas but after Gagan Shakti all lies exposed. May be soon remaining will be dusted.
Present Pathetic/Begging situation of Armed force mostly attributes to them only, not to PSUs. If I want to be a mighty superpower then it's My responsibility that I should act, behave, think, invest time and money at right place in right time which Armed forces failed to do.
Navy doing well compare to the rest of two and result will be that around 2030 Indian Navy will be a true Blue water Navy in Indian Ocean and nobuddy will challenge it by then

IndianHawk

Country flag
Astra outranges mica significantly. On top of that mk1a will get derby ER . NEZ of derby ER is more than twice of that of mica. Mirage in bvr is at severe disadvantage against lca mk1a.
Not only mk1a has missile with more NEZ it also has much lesser rcs. On top of that it has aesa which is jam proof compared to pesa in mirage which can be jammed .

Now mirages can still dodge bvr missile with it's potent ew but mk1a is ew si equally matched if not better. So it's just as likely that lca can dodge mica too.

Then again lca won't go against any mirage 2000 anywhere . It's opponents are chinese and porky jets.

Also lca can carry 2 ccm + 4 astra or 4 drrby ER + centreline drop tank.

Or alternatively lca can carry
2 ccm + 3 derbyEr or 3 Astra + 2 drop tanks ( 1 centreline) .

So mirage in 2 drop tank profile can carry only 1 or at most 2 missile more .

And by the time lca has fired 3 astra / derby ER . It will either be already in dogfight with mirage or it would have turned back whatever tactics it develops against f16 or mirage type jets.

But if I were in a mirage 2000 with pesa radar and mica missile (60-70km range) I wouldn't like to face an mk1a with elta 2052:: much lesser rcs and derby ER (160km ) or Astra (110km) . The odds are just not in my favor there.

noobmaster69

Country flag
Tejas can carry only two Astra missiles? What the heck is that?! Where did you get that from? And what's up with the drop tanks thing and if you are gonna include them anyway then Tejas can carry them too! And yes three Drop Tanks configuration is also being worked upon.

Sanatani

Country flag
So yesterday, you wanted Gripin and today you don't want Gripin!
Or it's like In the evening, you want Gripin, and in the morning, you don't want it!

If you keep harping Gripin for next few pages, then am afred but you will be treated as troll !!
Ye toh odd even ka deewna lagta hai

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am a Bihari too! Don't generalize please! 🙏🏼
Actually I was saying it in a positive way you just cant argue with a person from Bihar just give up in front of him , that person will never draw back but only a bihari can win against a bihari .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles