LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

vishnugupt

Country flag
7.8 billion dollar rafale deal announced in 2015 and signed in 2016 despite of having thousands of clauses and conditions. or any other foreign deal, any idea why ??
Tejas MK1A deal announce in 2016 and inhouse negotiation still going on, Here no sign of urgency. what if squadron numbers falling ??
A need of LCH is there since 1990. Armed forces ran toward Apache they even didn't learn from Kargil war.
Tell me, Which Indian product has been inducted by our Armed forces after successful trial?? From Akash to Pinaka everything have to shoved into armed forces"s throat by MOD
People here don't know what is our Armed force up to?? IAF playing CHESS game here to let slip these negotiation little further around 2022 then people will see the sabotage of MK1A then MK2 but MOD is trying very hard by giving all excuse ( Atmanirbhar, Covid, Low budget )
We have been hearing "after few months, Couple of months since 2016 but there is no deal of Mk1a until Bhadoria signed it.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Kya baat kar raha hai?? Tune kaha se pada hai?? Jara bhej mujhe bhi books teri special library se?
Listen if you post a word weed here as your post and ask other people to take you seriously then forget about any sympathy here.

Isliye theek see pad ke aa aur idhar ulta fulta type mat kar. 2-3 page peeche jaa. Kundli nikal case ki aur phir bataa.

I explained the situation to you in English and Hindi. You may proceed as you like.

:cool3:

https://www.republicworld.com/amp/i...cific-weapon-enhancements-of-iafs-rafale.html

https://idrw.org/14-india-specific-enhancements-exclusive-to-india-bound-rafale-fighter-jets/

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Listen if you post a word weed here as your post and ask other people to take you seriously then forget about any sympathy here.

Isliye theek see pad ke aa aur idhar ulta fulta type mat kar. 2-3 page peeche jaa. Kundli nikal case ki aur phir bataa.

I explained the situation to you in English and Hindi. You may proceed as you like.

https://www.republicworld.com/amp/i...cific-weapon-enhancements-of-iafs-rafale.html

https://idrw.org/14-india-specific-enhancements-exclusive-to-india-bound-rafale-fighter-jets/
Tejas MK1A has been sent to CCS for clearance. Going by CDS's and IAF Chief's remarks, it will receive funding first before the next tranche of 36 Rafale fighter jets.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Tejas MK1A has been sent to CCS for clearance. Going by CDS's and IAF Chief's remarks, it will receive funding first before the next tranche of 36 Rafale fighter jets.
Ofcourse it will... Dassault has been able to deliver only 2 yet and another 4 is expected by August. Next tranche of Rafale order, if any, will come after this one has been atleast halfway through. That means the end of 2021 minimum. Mark1A will be cleared by August-September.
Is still stuck by fund release only.

Question:
-1x-1.jpg

Can anyone tell me about the 15+ of Tejas prototypes, LSP etc. that had been made before IOC?And what is their future? Can they be another squadron?.. Or atleast be converted to create an airshow team (8g airframe needed)?

vishnugupt

Country flag

I think you need to read my post again. Where did i ask India specific enhancement in Rafale??

vishnugupt

Country flag
Ofcourse it will... Dassault has been able to deliver only 2 yet and another 4 is expected by August. Next tranche of Rafale order, if any, will come after this one has been atleast halfway through. That means the end of 2021 minimum. Mark1A will be cleared by August-September.

Question:
View attachment 48386
Can anyone tell me about the 15+ of Tejas prototypes, LSP etc. that had been made before IOC?And what is their future? Can they be another squadron?.. Or atleast be converted to create an airshow team (8g airframe needed)?
They will used in new system testing like AESA, Engine ( in future) etc. Will be cannibalise for other Tejas. Can be put at office gate but no chance of forming squadron or airshow team because each LSP is technically not equal neither don't share all systems. Some of are even structurally different.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
...no chance of forming squadron or airshow team because each LSP is technically not equal neither don't share all systems. Some of are even structurally different.
HVT confirmed an airshow team is under planning. I dint they will use mess jets for that.

But ok, i get the rest. Too different from each other to form of an IAF squadron. But here's what I query is... Can they be modified to match the operational version? Because at the end of the day these are already made jets, all after 2005, tweaking them gotta be vastly cheaper & quicker then rebuilding brand new jets, right?

vishnugupt

Country flag
HVT confirmed an airshow team is under planning. I dint they will use mess jets for that.

But ok, i get the rest. Too different from each other to form of an IAF squadron. But here's what I query is... Can they be modified to match the operational version? Because at the end of the day these are already made jets, all after 2005, tweaking them gotta be vastly cheaper & quicker then rebuilding brand new jets, right?
Ofcourse, they can be modify and can also be used but how many of these 16 are in good condition.? Very Few. All not have good quality manufacturing as compare with SP aircraft. This wouldn't be a good practice either though initially, LSP were made for IAF for evaluation but kept with ADA as program was running in delay
I think best use of these aircraft is to keep them under ADA and HAL so they don't need to go after IAF for weapons testing or other system testing which will save lot of time.

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
Mirage 2000 is heavier and needs to carry more fuel due to its older less fuel efficient engine, therefore needs bigger engine. Even HVT confirms that LCA is equivalent to Gripen C/D, Jaguar in range & payload matrix. LCA payload capability is steadily climbing and has reached 4.3 tons. Hence its equivalent to Mirage 2000 in its range, payload capability.

In my "guess" LCA MTOW will go upto 15 tons, as its flight envelope is opened up. With New drop tanks & dual pylons, its performance characteristics will exceed other potential Single engined 3rd/4th Gen fighter imports. Hence Randi rona against LCA & Intentional delay to order 83 LCA MKIA

Defcon 1

Country flag
IAF has been delaying LCA for a long time & this game is continuing.

LCA Engine now is 89kn compared to 95kn of Mirage. Fuel Efficiency of LCA engine is 15% better. Guess what? LCA MKI FOC is "already" in league of upgraded Mirage 2000.

MKIA will be much better than even upgraded Mirage 2000.
Do you have any source to back up your claim that LCA's engine can produce 89kn thrust?

Defcon 1

Country flag
Mirage 2000 is heavier and needs to carry more fuel due to its older less fuel efficient engine, therefore needs bigger engine. Even HVT confirms that LCA is equivalent to Gripen C/D, Jaguar in range & payload matrix. LCA payload capability is steadily climbing and has reached 4.3 tons. Hence its equivalent to Mirage 2000 in its range, payload capability.

In my "guess" LCA MTOW will go upto 15 tons, as its flight envelope is opened up. With New drop tanks & dual pylons, its performance characteristics will exceed other potential Single engined 3rd/4th Gen fighter imports. Hence Randi rona against LCA & Intentional delay to order 83 LCA MKIA
How can LCA mk1 be equivalent to mirage 2000 in payload when mirage 2000 can carry over 6 tonnes of payload?

Also do you have any source to claim that LCA mk1 MTOW will go to 15 tonnes or is this just your fantasy?

Defcon 1

Country flag

Question:
View attachment 48386
IAF had said long back that LSPs won't be inducted as operational aircraft. Airshow team may be a possibility but in my opinion it is better to use them as test bed for future technologies

arkos

Country flag
Hence Randi rona against LCA & Intentional delay to order 83 LCA MKIA
There's no randi rona or intentional delay to order LCA Mk1a. The deal was to be cleared in the current fiscal year by the CCS after being cleared by DAC in March. But the covid-19 situation delayed the meeting. The deal will be signed when the CCS meets again.

Defcon 1

Country flag
It can't. Not on field. HVT was asked and he said max 85kN.
I know. Its just that every few days I see some garbage posters start making stupid claims on this thread and blame IAF of corruption. Now if I really start writing what I feel about such morons I will be banned very quickly. So I have to start with asking politely.

IndianHawk

Country flag
How can LCA mk1 be equivalent to mirage 2000 in payload when mirage 2000 can carry over 6 tonnes of payload?

Also do you have any source to claim that LCA mk1 MTOW will go to 15 tonnes or is this just your fantasy?
As of the latest info lca mk1 as confirmed by indranil on brf is as follows.

Empty Weight: 6,560 kg
• Take-Off Clean Weight: 9,800 kg
• Maximum Internal Fuel: 2,458 kg
• Maximum Take Off Weight: 14,100 kg
• Maximum Payload Capacity: 4,300 kg
• Engine: General Electric F404-IN20 turbofan
• Airframe Life: 9,000 hours
• Hard Points: 7 + 1

Performance Specifications
• Service Ceiling: 50,000 feet
• G Limits: +8g / -3.5g
• Thrust: 53.9 kN dry thrust and 89.8 kN wet thrust
• Maximum Speed: Mach 1.6
• Ferry Range: 2,800 km ( more to be proved).

IndianHawk

Country flag
As of the latest info lca mk1 as confirmed by indranil on brf is as follows.

Empty Weight: 6,560 kg
• Take-Off Clean Weight: 9,800 kg
• Maximum Internal Fuel: 2,458 kg
• Maximum Take Off Weight: 14,100 kg
• Maximum Payload Capacity: 4,300 kg
• Engine: General Electric F404-IN20 turbofan
• Airframe Life: 9,000 hours
• Hard Points: 7 + 1

Performance Specifications
• Service Ceiling: 50,000 feet
• G Limits: +8g / -3.5g
• Thrust: 53.9 kN dry thrust and 89.8 kN wet thrust
• Maximum Speed: Mach 1.6
• Ferry Range: 2,800 km ( more to be proved).
We are still testing limits of the airframe slowly. It has now successfully flown with 4.3 tons of payload at mgtow of 14100 kg.

More importantly it flew at leh with 3 ton+ payload which is equivalent to what mmrca planes can do at that high altitude . ( Thanks to large wings of lca).

Also ferry range is still to be tested to maximum.

And also hv thakur has stated that lca combat radius is higher than jaguars.

vampyrbladez

Country flag

Question:
View attachment 48386
Delivery of both systems are not interconnected. Approximately 11 Rafale will be bought per year and some of it may be made at DRAL.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I think you need to read my post again. Where did i ask India specific enhancement in Rafale??
You asked for cost escalation. The ISE is the reason why.

As for the LCA MK1A, the original contract had very high overhead costs baked into it. It was actually more expensive than a Rafale! That's why there were multiple rounds of renegotiation to sort out this issue.

The HAL based in Bangalore has quoted a price of Rs 463 crore ($67.5 million) per jet in April in response to a request for a proposal by the Defense Ministry to induct 83 Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) into the Indian Air Force under the ‘Make in India’ program which is way higher than most fighter jets, Indian Express reported Wednesday.
“The HAL supplies the more modern Russian Sukhoi fighter, which it assembles at Nashik, at Rs 415 crore ($60.5 million). The Russians supply it at Rs 330 crore ($48 million). The Swedish Gripen was offered to us for Rs 455 crore ($65 million), and F-16 for Rs 380 crore ($55.4 million), and both were to be made in India. The HAL itself gave us Tejas Mark1 at Rs 100 crore less. This price for an improved version seems high,” sources said.
https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...or_Indian_Improved_Tejas_Fighter#.XsecuB7hU0M

The defence ministry Wednesday cleared the much–awaited deal for the purchase of 83 Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Mark 1A Tejas from the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for a surprisingly low amount of Rs 37,000 crore as against the original value of the deal, which was pegged at around Rs 50,000 crore.
https://theprint.in/theprint-essent...ghter-jets-to-take-to-sky-by-2022/383730/?amp

Global Defence

New threads

Articles