LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
1.PL-15 hasn't been permitted for export...so no PL-15E so far... JF-17 block3 would only get new WVR AA missile (PL-10E is the most possible).

2. two competitors of block3 AESA radar never have the ability of so called 250km class detection range , unless it means the sea surface target. normally we think the look-up detection range(5m2 RCS) is around 150km class for this size AESA radar and certainly the look-down range would be closer...
BTW, the such big PESA radar on Su30MKI/MKM could only claim a detection range of over 140km(for 3m2 RCS air target)
The fact is,the aperture size of bars pesa is around 0.9 meters,that means the radar gain would be much higher than the radar with .5-0.6 mtr aperture....thus the actual detection range is classified and much higher than the marketing value.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
I think you overstate the threat. An aircooled AESA wouldn't be able to operate greater than 60km and the JF-17 could never carry a PL-15.
huh , what did I read , So their AESA which was slated for JF 17 won't see targets beyond 60 KM , are you sure

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
1.PL-15 hasn't been permitted for export...so no PL-15E so far... JF-17 block3 would only get new WVR AA missile (PL-10E is the most possible).

2. two competitors of block3 AESA radar never have the ability of so called 250km class detection range , unless it means the sea surface target. normally we think the look-up detection range(5m2 RCS) is around 150km class for this size AESA radar and certainly the look-down range would be closer...
BTW, the such big PESA radar on Su30MKI/MKM could only claim a detection range of over 140km(for 3m2 RCS air target)
1., so you're saying that PL 15 is not availabe for export , so PL 12 remains the mainstay of JF 17's BVR, lets see how long they keep the ban

2. what about those western Radars quoting the air search range is around 350 km and above , I'm taking about the search&track mode only not into Fire control range

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Yes it is, plz don't drag Feb 27 drma here and why we don't fire r77 , AIM 120 have mod called lock afte launch it basically fire missile with out lock and track the first target it sees, but it is so useless against su30 at long range, rather than wasting ur missile for crowd cntrl use it for assured kill always make senses
The lessons are clear and IAF Chief itself stated that If we had Rafales things will be different ,

AMRAAM outgunned our R77 and Su 30 MKI comes close ,

pc982449

Kjl 7a radar range 170km for rcs5m²
Tejas clean configuration RCS value 3

Uttam aesa radar range 150km for rcs2m²
Jf17 clean configuration RCS value 9

El/m 2052radar range ????

Sent from my Alfa L using Tapatalk

IndianHawk

Country flag
huh , what did I read , So their AESA which was slated for JF 17 won't see targets beyond 60 KM , are you sure
If it's a Chinese aesa than it isn't ready . Paki are trying to get European gear hence the indecision.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

IndianHawk

Country flag
The lessons are clear and IAF Chief itself stated that If we had Rafales things will be different ,

AMRAAM outgunned our R77 and Su 30 MKI comes close ,
Ofcourse it did . R77 is 20 years old. Aim 120c5 came later.

Anyway rvv sd is being tested now with su30 which restores the balance. Though real thing is meteor which outgun anything porky chini have or will have in near future.

Meanwhile sfdr is progressing which shall be ready in few years.

IndianHawk

Country flag
are they still beleiving the Tejas MK1 is suits our IAF needs or suits the current threat that IAF facing from PAF and PLAAF

1. PAF gonna get a AESA in all JF 17 , Range beyond 250 km
2. all JF 17 gonna recieve the PL 15 missiles

so look at the adversary 250 km Radar range plus 100- 200 km range BVR capability

How IAF will counter PAF , with supa dupa HAL Tejas with 200 km radar range with 70-100 km range BVR , get some relaity peoples

technology moving so faster
Lca mk1 is superior to all Pakistani mirage Iii and v and jf17 block 1 and 2 . Only f16 block 52 is better than this. So lca mk1 is better than 80% of paf fighter jets.

Jf17 block 3 is some time away.

Mk1a will be ready by 2022. It will feature elta 2052 which will outrange both jf17 block 3 and f16 block 52. ( As Israeli are a generation or two ahead of Chinese in radar technology)

Mk1a will have derby ER which is already in service in Columbian air force . Derby ER with dual pulse motor will outrange aim 120c.

All mk1 will be converted to mk1 standard in due course.

Mk1a will be batter than anything in entire paki arsenal unless paki get rafale or f35.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Lca mk1 is superior to all Pakistani mirage Iii and v and jf17 block 1 and 2 . Only f16 block 52 is better than this. So lca mk1 is better than 80% of paf fighter jets.

Mk1a will be ready by 2022. It will feature elta 2052 which will outrange both jf17 block 3 and f16 block 52. ( As Israeli are a generation or two ahead of Chinese in radar technology)

Mk1a will have derby ER which is already in service in Columbian air force . Derby ER with dual pulse motor will outrange aim 120c.

Mk1a will be batter than anything in entire paki arsenal unless paki get rafale or f35.

Bhai....some report s suggest......may be Uttam will be used in mk1a...
Bdw any news about elta 2052 radar tender

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Ofcourse it did . R77 is 20 years old. Aim 120c5 came later.

Anyway rvv sd is being tested now with su30 which restores the balance. Though real thing is meteor which outgun anything porky chini have or will have in near future.

Meanwhile sfdr is progressing which shall be ready in few years.

Despite the CAG report and IAF knowledge of Paki possesion of AMRAAM, we didn't upgarded our own with more superior platforms and missile, despite having big budget than PAF,

So now only we are testing some shit from Russia , which can outmatch something PAF got waybefore 2010

We have just 36 Rafale's and they only comes with Meteor, so dont expect that they were the one man army against both China and PAF

in case of SFDR , we have the engine and propulsion , Who has the command link and guidance seeker ,

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
Bhai contract has been signed with elta for both 2052 aesa radar and elisar electronic warfare suite.
Uttam once ready may be used in converting mk1 to mk1a standard with desi ew suite.

Last I posted about 2052 . It is already mated with our jaguar also Columbian airforce uses Israeli kfir which is upgrade with elta 2052 and has derby ER mated to it. So elta 2052 + derby ER combo is already operational.

Mk1a will be one of the most advanced planes in Asia.

pc982449

Currently uttam aesa radar r integrated on tejas LSP jet for testing they can clear testing 2/3 years so uttam can be available for 4/5th squadron for tejas mk1a but hal can achieved her target overweight tejas so ??? After

IndianHawk

Country flag
Despite the CAG report and IAF knowledge of Paki possesion of AMRAAM, we didn't upgarded our own with more superior platforms and missile, despite having big budget than PAF,

So now only we are testing some shit from Russia , which can outmatch something PAF got waybefore 2005
Yes we slept on it. Iaf warned govt but since UPA never planned any strike on Pak there was almost zero chance of areal warfare with Pak .
Also we were going through mmrca and thought we'd get Rafale much sooner.

So we kept sleeping without any action. Now chicken are coming home to roost.

Anyway rafale we re-establish our superiority. We now need to fast track sfdr so that our entire arsenal can get meteor class missile.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Currently uttam aesa radar r integrated on tejas LSP jet for testing they can clear testing 2/3 years so uttam can be available for 4/5th squadron for tejas mk1a but hal can achieved her target overweight tejas so ??? After

Bhai I knew...but any update on the 2052 contract.....
Again no clarity on 1000kg weight reduction part...
We HV 2 years before production....
If first jet comes in 2022....
Means production would HV started before 8 months.......

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

Supa dupa Tejas MK 1 is in Kashmir and around airbases in Punjab, and conducting regular CAP , add this too

All day Tejas is better than JF 17, sigh

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Bhai contract has been signed with elta for both 2052 aesa radar and elisar electronic warfare suite.
Uttam once ready may be used in converting mk1 to mk1a standard with desi ew suite.

Last I posted about 2052 . It is already mated with our jaguar also Columbian airforce uses Israeli kfir which is upgrade with elta 2052 and has derby ER mated to it. So elta 2052 + derby ER combo is already operational.

Mk1a will be one of the most advanced planes in Asia.

damn man, that's so sweet, Sigh to those Singaporeans with F 15 SE, and those Thailand guys with JAS 39 C

IndianHawk

Country flag

All 83 mk1a will have elta 2052 + Israeli ew.
Follow on orders if given can have Uttam. They won't delay the production for changes.

Anyway main client of Uttam and it's derivatives are mwf and AMCA . (200+ 200 ) so Uttam has huge market available it just has to get ready before mwf.

Mk1a is on schedule . With derby ER and sfdr it probably won't even enter in dog fight against paf jets so a bit more weight is manageable.

The important thing is superiority of radar ew suite and weaponary.

It will outclass Pakistan and China in these areas with derby ER sfdr/ Astra mk2 and standoff weaponry.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Since it is air-cooled it has no active cooling system. It cannot operate but at low voltages without frying itself.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles