LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

shiphone

Country flag
I have stated the SFC of F404 GE-402. Difference in between 402, RM-12 and IN-20 is the air mass flow and pressure ratio. So you could say that the SFC of all three would be near about same with a little difference.

https://www.uecrus.com/eng/products/military_aviation/rd93/

You could get RD93 specs from this link.
You are stating the SFC of GE in pound opposed to kg in RD93.
isn't that RD93 spec precisely from this link? your F404 SFC source is ...?
------------------------
and the F404 wiki
  • Specific fuel consumption:
    • Military thrust: 0.81 lb/(lbf⋅h) (23 g/(kN⋅s))
    • Full afterburner: 1.74 lb/(lbf⋅h) (49 g/(kN⋅s))
23*3600/1000=82.8 kg/kN.hour
49*3600/1000=176.4 kg/kN.hour

SFC of RD93 with afterburner is 2.05 kg/kgh
SFC of GE F404 with afterburner is 0.78 kg/kgh
SFC of RD93 without afterburner is 0.77 kg/kgh
SFC of GE F404 without afterburner is 0.36 kg/kgh
how could be?

Last edited:

NutCracker

Country flag
I have stated the SFC of F404 GE-402. Difference in between 402, RM-12 and IN-20 is the air mass flow and pressure ratio. So you could say that the SFC of all three would be near about same with a little difference.

https://www.uecrus.com/eng/products/military_aviation/rd93/

You could get RD93 specs from this link.
You are stating the SFC of GE in pound opposed to kg in RD93.
From where are you making bullshit claim of GE404 ??

Kg or lbs don't matter because kg / kg or lbs/lbs multiplier will cancel out each other.

You lack common sense. You really believed that GE is 2.5 times more efficient than rd-93 ??

For Rd-93 it's 0.77
Screenshot_20220919-165902_Brave.jpg

For GE404 ITS 0.81.. or 0.8x THRID COLUMN
Screenshot_20220919-170213_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20220919-165850_Brave.jpg

------------------------
and the F404 wiki
how could be?
Weed

vishnugupt

Country flag

Egypt interested in purchasing upto 70 HAL Tejas to replace aging F-7 fleet that is currently in reserves.
Lolz, Egypt has been biggest Keeda of Ummah ka Chumma syndrome.

These people couldn't honoured a signed deal of Su-35 and we believe these people will buy Indian jet against their Papa's wish?

India should focus on small tickets deals for now like Israel. Once we will become 10 trillion dollar GDP things will start to fall on place.

(Although, I don't mean we should not make efforts, we should keep on trying like we did in Malaysia)

Anibesh acharya

These people couldn't honoured a signed deal of Su-35 and we believe these people will buy Indian jet against their Papa's wish?

India should focus on small tickets deals for now like Israel. Once we will become 10 trillion dollar GDP things will start to fall on place.

(Although, I don't mean we should not make efforts, we should keep on trying like we did in Malaysia)
Only 10 trillion economy sell fighter jets ? How s. Korea a 1.8 trillion economy selling T50 ? I dont know , is there a rule or something or you are more concerned about possibility of Russia losing market , I have noticed lots of russian nationalist in this forum .
Egypt deal is important , can be our gateway to African market . Not a bad decision by HAL if it's trying .

vishnugupt

Country flag
Only 10 trillion economy sell fighter jets ? How s. Korea a 1.8 trillion economy selling T50 ? I dont know , is there a rule or something or you are more concerned about possibility of Russia losing market , I have noticed lots of russian nationalist in this forum .
Egypt deal is important , can be our gateway to African market . Not a bad decision by HAL if it's trying .
Don't go retard like Varzone and Dark sorrow. How come Russia came into picture??

I mean Under pressure Egypt will buckle up.

F/A 50 is not Korean jet, LM is also a share holder. F/A 50 is miniature version of F-16.

Korean managed the deal because USA couldn't field a similar aircraft in competition so let win Korea. Otherwise everybody knows F/A 50 do not come even close to Tejas.

Anibesh acharya

Don't go retard like Varzone and Dark sorrow. How come Russia came into picture??

I mean Under pressure Egypt will buckle up.

F/A 50 is not Korean jet, LM is also a share holder. F/A 50 is miniature version of F-16.

Korean managed the deal because USA couldn't field a similar aircraft in competition so let win Korea. Otherwise everybody knows F/A 50 do not come even close to Tejas.
Those two are American nationalists . One of them already on the business here to defame Tejas . I have seen similar Russian nationalist writing hit job on Arjun . My comment was based on your retard argument that we need to be a 10 tr dollar economy before we can sell a fighter jet .

vishnugupt

Country flag
Those two are American nationalists . One of them already on the business here to defame Tejas . I have seen similar Russian nationalist writing hit job on Arjun . My comment was based on your retard argument that we need to be a 10 tr dollar economy before we can sell a fighter jet .
I think you don't have good understanding about duniya-dari.

Yesa kaha jata hai.... Understand what does it mean rather than sticking to words.

I mean to say when India become 3rd biggest economy on earth we will have huge influence on the the world militarily, economically and culturally. With a such huge influence we will be more assertive because defence deals are mostly political in nature.

Chinmoy

Country flag
------------------------
and the F404 wiki

how could be?
You are stating in kN.hour and I am stating in kg.hour as RD93 has been provided in kg.hour.

But yeah my bad with calculation.
Dry thrust SFC would be 0.81kg/kgh
Wet thrust SFC would be 1.72kg/kgh

shiphone

Country flag
You are stating in kN.hour and I am stating in kg.hour as RD93 has been provided in kg.hour.

But yeah my bad with calculation.
Dry thrust SFC would be 0.81kg/kgh
Wet thrust SFC would be 1.72kg/kgh
so easy... just have them devided by 102, then you would get what you want.
again .that's not the key problem.

omaebakabaka

Until we have engine that is domestic, our hands will be tied. Mostly India manufactured fighter will sell as it unties the hands of West Vs China Vs Russian rivalry but its a dream only till critical components are natively designed and produced. Major deals will not go unnoticed and sabotaged.

sakalasiva

Country flag
Does any one have info about mk1a related str, drag reduction and performance of aircraft or it is going to be same as mk1.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
There's two squadrons of Mk1 that are in what airbases? Sulur, far from any potential combat zone. Replaced the MiG21 all the way in Tamil Nadu, yet the combat zones on the border are still with Mig21s. It's seriously embarrassing. And I don't know how to make it any clearer. I have a product I want to sell you. It will do your job better, hell it can do my job better, but I'm not using it. Why aren't I using it? I don't want to tell you, but it can do your job better than anything else on the market, just trust me.

It's seriously embarrassing man. I've been following the Tejas saga since 2008 from Bharat Rakshak. It feels like in 14 years, literally nothing has changed except a few planes made here-and-there. Now people want to "be prod" of exporting it when there's hardly any domestic squadrons? It's a joke.

Show you for what purpose? Brazil already manufactures a totally domestic jet, the Embraer. Stop making excuses. Seriously. Put the heat on your policy makers to up the ante and make some actual progress, because quite frankly, it's embarrassing.
new aircraft is being inducted and it’s important to formulate tactics based on the platform. Fighter pilots will take sometime to formulate war strategies and also give maintenance tech important training to understand the platform.

These fighters did take serious training exercise underIAF excercises in Pokhran.During our Galwan standoff when some resources were diverted to Eastern borders, I guess 6-8 were deployed in Jodhpur airbase. That IAF didn’t want to advertise them is for reasons unknown to us. Even LCH has been deployed in a operational area. Prototype ones.

MonaLazy

On the Argentina competition:

Argentina Air Force chief: Logistical support if we buy JF-17s is a big question mark.
Tejas: In the offer of the Tejas to Argentina, the in-flight refueling system has to be replaced requiring structural intervention.

India can offer a non-refueling probe variant with locally made radome to Argentina. Replacing Martin-Baker ejection seats with Russian ejection seats is also possible but could require considerable design changes to the glass canopy and certification process of the system.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles