LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Shashwat

Country flag
According to DRDO chief Tejas mk1A will come with Uttam AESA radar so we can hope that it will be able to integrate meteors in it.
Source?

This will not happen anytime soon, Uttam needs a lot of validation moreover its a pre-production built - Mk1a needs to happen now.

Vijyes

Source?

This will not happen anytime soon, Uttam needs a lot of validation moreover its a pre-production built - Mk1a needs to happen now.
Mk1A is not happening before 2021. India has to first build 24 Tejas MK1 and that will take 1.5 years. Mk1A has not even been FOC which means the design changes in MK1A is uncertified. So, it can't start production anytime soon.

Janardan Shukla

Source?

Well he has claimed in his recent interview. You can google it. Sorry for my inability to provide the source but I have read just couple of days ago.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Copied from brf forum

......take it as a pinch of salt.......

""
Heard in the wind that the 'Daggers' are being sharpened and honed with vigor, just in case the Pakis may try something stupid. Whatever additional bells and whistles that could be cleared quickly for regular use is being done.
""

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Mk1A is not happening before 2021. India has to first build 24 Tejas MK1 and that will take 1.5 years. Mk1A has not even been FOC which means the design changes in MK1A is uncertified. So, it can't start production anytime soon.
I would like the Mk1A to be developed like this. First of all, fix aerodynamic changes. In second stage, develop and refine softwares. You can add electronics and weapons letter on. Once you start making any new planes, any design change will be too difficult to fix. I want hardware and design to be fixed in first stage,

IndianHawk

Country flag
I would like the Mk1A to be developed like this. First of all, fix aerodynamic changes. In second stage, develop and refine softwares. You can add electronics and weapons letter on. Once you start making any new planes, any design change will be too difficult to fix. I want hardware and design to be fixed in first stage,
Aerodynamic changes in mk1a are minimum it's mostly LRU re arrangements. That is why they don't even need separate prototype and will use old lsp plane as prototype.

Mk1a is essentially mk1 foc + LRU re arrangements for ease of maintenance + aesa radar+ ew suite + new weapons ( Astra + derby ER + bramhos Ng ).

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Aerodynamic changes in mk1a are minimum it's mostly LRU re arrangements. That is why they don't even need separate prototype and will use old lsp plane as prototype.

Mk1a is essentially mk1 foc + LRU re arrangements for ease of maintenance + aesa radar+ ew suite + new weapons ( Astra + derby ER + bramhos Ng ).

Hello you arrangement is ok but what I am eagerly awaiting is Aerodynamic improvement and reduction in the weighr. List of the things are as attachments which can be and born to change as the technology progress purchase order electronic Warfare suite etc. Any weight reduction and Aerodynamic improvement from this stage will make Tejas significantly better platform which will be able to carry more weight and do better manoeuvres, wich will result into better transonic acceleration, higher speed and longer range. These changes will transform Tejas into a much better plane which can match with gripen C/D and F16. Vivek Ahuja in his article in in beta coefficient had simulated a dog fight between f 16 and Tejas. In its conclusion. He had written that any weight reduction in Tejas from that stage will significantly improve the Thejas' range over f 16 in low level dog fight. So I want to see a 6000 kg Tejas with Aerodynamic improvement of 6%. It will add to its agility and , speed and and weight carrying capability. We need to to work on Tejas mk1 consistently to improve it. it is said that these Aerodynamic improvements in Tejas will allow it to to achieve sustained turn rate of 18 degree per second.

In addition to this and you to Electronic Warfare Suite is being developed in collaboration with Israel it will have significant secure communication link through which it will be able to connect with 40 planes. Wing body blending with fuselage is also smoothen for better Aerodynamic performance and lower radar cross section. Tejas MK 1 will have a significantly reduced radar cross section as well. Which Uttam Aesa radar admission is like Astra 2 and sfdr, Tejas mk1 a will be a a real killer. if will shoot down shitty Chinese planes like J 10 and JF17 before even they can see Tejas on the radar.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Hello you arrangement is ok but what I am eagerly awaiting is Aerodynamic improvement and reduction in the weighr. List of the things are as attachments which can be and born to change as the technology progress purchase order electronic Warfare suite etc. Any weight reduction and Aerodynamic improvement from this stage will make Tejas significantly better platform which will be able to carry more weight and do better manoeuvres, wich will result into better transonic acceleration, higher speed and longer range. These changes will transform Tejas into a much better plane which can match with gripen C/D and F16. Vivek Ahuja in his article in in beta coefficient had simulated a dog fight between f 16 and Tejas. In its conclusion. He had written that any weight reduction in Tejas from that stage will significantly improve the Thejas' range over f 16 in low level dog fight. So I want to see a 6000 kg Tejas with Aerodynamic improvement of 6%. It will add to its agility and , speed and and weight carrying capability. We need to to work on Tejas mk1 consistently to improve it. it is said that these Aerodynamic improvements in Tejas will allow it to to achieve sustained turn rate of 18 degree per second.

In addition to this and you to Electronic Warfare Suite is being developed in collaboration with Israel it will have significant secure communication link through which it will be able to connect with 40 planes. Wing body blending with fuselage is also smoothen for better Aerodynamic performance and lower radar cross section. Tejas MK 1 will have a significantly reduced radar cross section as well. Which Uttam Aesa radar admission is like Astra 2 and sfdr, Tejas mk1 a will be a a real killer. if will shoot down shitty Chinese planes like J 10 and JF17 before even they can see Tejas on the radar.
Iirc they were targeting 1000kg weight reduction but practically only 400-500kg reduction is possible. That reduction won't come from aerodynamic redesign but through using new lighter lru in place of older bulkier lru. Also some balast weight will be gone .

Ew suite chosen was elisar by elta which works with 2052 aesa and derby ER comes with it.

That is all planed. Parallely Uttam aesa and uews suite are getting ready with astra mk2 and sfdr.

Mk1a with these changes will beat f16 c/d easily and will sit above gripen c/d.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Any info about the hydraulic used in landing gears of the LCA is it homemade or imported?
Lee products is supplying some complex valves and pneumatics for Tejas, wonder where that is being used.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
There are 358 LRU components
what are LRU
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line-replaceable_unit
basically its parts that can be replaced during operation through stored spares

52% of the LRU are indigenous rest 47% are on the process of indignation. The report is from 2018 so a lot of progress has already been made since then.

just go through the report for once

https://www.ada.gov.in/images/ADA-IND.pdf

any info about what Lee enterprise is exactly supplying in the LCA?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Capture.PNG

we have martin baker ejection system
Is it advisable to develop our own ejection system at this point or just buy off the shelf, cus it requires a lot of R&D
other than United corp and martin Baker i cant find any other major company that makes this system.
Martin Baker is dominating the market.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
There are 358 LRU components
what are LRU
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line-replaceable_unit
basically its parts that can be replaced during operation through stored spares

52% of the LRU are indigenous rest 47% are on the process of indignation. The report is from 2018 so a lot of progress has already been made since then.

just go through the report for once

https://www.ada.gov.in/images/ADA-IND.pdf

any info about what Lee enterprise is exactly supplying in the LCA?
This pdf is from 2014.................

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
View attachment 37597

we have martin baker ejection system
Is it advisable to develop our own ejection system at this point or just buy off the shelf, cus it requires a lot of R&D
other than United corp and martin Baker i cant find any other major company that makes this system.
Martin Baker is dominating the market.
We have the plan to develop our own.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I have never seen any indication that an ejection seat is under development.....not even in the roadmap for the next 10 years.
It appears routine to assert that everything under the sun in ‘under development’ in India
Not all programs get limelight. We keep indegeniosing components all the time .

But yes such claims should be made with providing links to decent sources.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Not all programs get limelight. We keep indegeniosing components all the time .

But yes such claims should be made with providing links to decent sources.

I had read somewhere at the time of talk of indigenization of LRUs that ejection seat indigenization is also planned.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I had read somewhere at the time of talk of indigenization of LRUs that ejection seat indigenization is also planned.
I'm not aware about ejection seat but I'm aware that we have developed all the subsystems of ejection mechanism. We have own ejection parachute and own canopy removal system which is among the fastest in the world.

power_monger

Country flag

Global Defence

New threads

Articles