LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
green paint on aircrafts looks so fucking shit. a kg student could've done it better.
Yeah boi ... you are right about that...god knows what they have contributed to that JF 17 program , they probably only Assemble that Jet ,and That to import all the parts from china, maybe they paint it Indigenously, Or maybe even That is Imported from their Abbu China.

Super Flanker

our tejas does look "not so good looking" in front of paf jf-17 but their "thunder" (1st block) is practically useless.
what's the use of sexy looking aircrafts when it doesn't do anything except providing employment to rawalpindi/ laWhore troll public.
Honestly speaking, I do Feel like it is right that JF 17 visually looks better Than Tejas but their JF 17 block 1 is practically 3rd generation Junk .

They are begging For second hand f16 from Iraq even when they can buy JF 17 which shows how much faith they have on that Junk fighter of theirs. Imfao

Super Flanker

Source on Tejas havig radar absorbing paint? Can someone confirm this?
This article mentions about Tejas having Radar Absorbing paint. So I guess it is true that it does have Radar Absorbing paint present in it.
Answer to Is LCA Tejas coated with radar absorbent paint? by Lokesh Meena https://www.quora.com/Is-LCA-Tejas-...share=a3dd184f&srid=uqTKOh&target_type=answer
Or maybe it doesn't. Man this is so confusing man dude. Kya kare

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
How does mk1a compares to jf 17blk3??
Does jf 17 blk3 has IRST, towed decoy, hmds, internal ew or external ew like pod?? I think they are installing MAWS on it but not very sure about its ew system. Does anyone has clarity on its ew capabilities.
Also if I am not wrong we wont be having towed decoy on mk1a though not sure about mk2.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Does jf 17 blk3 has IRST, towed decoy, hmds, internal ew or external ew like pod?? I think they are installing MAWS on it but not very sure about its ew system.
Chinks tried an IRST pod, went nowhere. No plans on Mark1A, dunno why (the nose section is similar, could take the noseplug & setup)

No towed decoy for us r8 now. Please share some info on one on Blk3.

HMDS is everywhere. IOC had it.

EW will be an external pod on Mark1A & Mark1 too.

MAWS is a bit tricky. It's very pricey but doesn't add that much capability. MWF is to have one, but bad idea on LCAs like Tejas & Jf-17 that you want to remain cheap.

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
Chinks tried an IRST pod, went nowhere.

No towed decoy for us r8 now. Please share some info on one on Blk3.

HMDS is everywhere. IOC had it.

EW will be an external pod on Mark1A & Mark1 too.

MAWS is a bit tricky. It's very pricey but doesn't add that much capability. MWF is to have one, but bad idea on LCAs like Tejas & Jf-17 that you want to remain cheap.
Lca will get plyon based maws. Such pylons are in development for su30mki and lca already.

IndianHawk

Country flag
How does mk1a compares to jf 17blk3??
Does jf 17 blk3 has IRST, towed decoy, hmds, internal ew or external ew like pod?? I think they are installing MAWS on it but not very sure about its ew system. Does anyone has clarity on its ew capabilities.
Also if I am not wrong we wont be having towed decoy on mk1a though not sure about mk2.
Jf17 remains underpowered compared to lca hence it's ew remains much weaker. Lack of power forces it to go with air cooled inefficient smaller aesa of chinese origin .( Failed to get European aesa and ew).
While mk1a gets full fledged aesa . Leagues ahead.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Jf17 remains underpowered compared to lca hence it's ew remains much weaker. Lack of power forces it to go with air cooled inefficient smaller aesa of chinese origin .( Failed to get European aesa and ew).
While mk1a gets full fledged aesa . Leagues ahead.
Not underpowered if Blk3 gets 95kN RD-93 engine upgrade.

lcafanboy

Country flag
Tejas mk1 has onboard oxygen generator? I think mk1a is supposed to have it not mk1.
Tejas has radar absorbing paint? Isn't that a fifth gen feature?
Tejas mk1 has no AESA radar? Wot?

I don't think this is accurate.
Oborgs tested will be on mk1a but remember all LCA mk1 will be upgraded to mk1a. Already 2 foc planes are mk1a standard with working oborgs and elta 2052 aesa radar.

Regarding radar absorbing paint. Even MiG-21 bis are having it. All LCA IOC, foc, and mk1a are having it.

So take a chill pill....🤗

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles