LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
This is definitely a news to be excited. This is the single biggest order of an indigenous weapon system in the history of India. Finally a significant % of our capital procurement is going to develop our own MIC. This will lead to much bigger deals in coming years.
I think the Americans will be inclined to the LIFT to counter the growing popularity of Chini weapons
JF17 J10 and the likes

Defcon 1

Country flag
I think the Americans will be inclined to the LIFT to counter the growing popularity of Chini weapons
JF17 J10 and the likes
Let see, that contract is still 7-8 years away. Lot to do for IAF till then. LCA needs to integrate a lot of weapons, Astra, Brahmos NG, NGARM, SANT, SAAW, SPICE all need to be integrated so that LCA can act as a feeder for indigenous weapons.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
America would never do that, buying an Indian weapon system would be the last thing they would do as that would compromise their arms diplomacy.
You have to trample on my optimism don't you :facepalm:
I said they would be inclined to consider our pitch
Let's not pull out our cards this early
Let's wait and see what comes out of it

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Just a doubt , what timeline can we expect to invest heavily on military reform , increasing production rate of indigenous platform , tackling babus . Our acquisition process is pathetic , shipbuilding is quite slow and babus sabotage programs. Our indigenous platform are trying to match global standard but very few projects on futuristic technologies .

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
No, Yet it can be used as an AWACS killer because of its high Maneuverability and Excellent seeker.

New Brahmos missile will take down enemy 'force multipliers'
SECTIONS
New Brahmos missile will take down enemy 'for ..

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

WarriorIndian

Country flag
Just a doubt , what timeline can we expect to invest heavily on military reform , increasing production rate of indigenous platform , tackling babus . Our acquisition process is pathetic , shipbuilding is quite slow and babus sabotage programs. Our indigenous platform are trying to match global standard but very few projects on futuristic technologies .
Well the new start up initiatives are going good. Like I have always been saying, these are exiting times and by 2040, we should see quite a few Indian companies in global map. By then, we can expect non performing govt companies to be either closed or corporatized. Provided BJP is in power for at least two more terms

Global Defence

New threads

Articles