LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

porky_kicker

Country flag
No need to get antsy, accept the mistake and rectify it.

Bro he quoted indranil on a specific issue what's wrong in that ?

On other forums I quote posts from dfi and vice versa

Lol I post pics with dfi watermarks in other forums

And many others do the same , info flows both ways

I don't see any wrong in that

Nobody here is for dfi or br or sf etc everybody is here for india

Last edited:

Pret

Country flag
Tejas radar is better than aesa
Of jaguar
Tejas radar is bigger and powerful than jaguar
That should be obvious. Of the main 3 types of LCAs (JAS-39C, Tejas, JF-17) currently operational, Tejas has the largest radar antenna (a 650mm slotted planar array). Gripen has a 600mm slotted planar antenna array. According to official sources (pdfs obviously), peak op power of LCA MMR is 10kw. The same would be true for the AESA radar.

Pret

Country flag
EW pod can be mounted on the station under intake but it works better if it is on outer pylons. optimally near or on wingtips

Assassin 2.0

Country flag

LCA tejas is going to get spot light woo hoo.
Dallals must have been feeling sad. Through constant efforts by dalle and import lobbies have created a negative public mindset around tejas that it is not capable and BS such spot light will also help to remove those stinks.
Overall a positive step waiting for 83mk1a deal eagerly.

WolfPack86

Country flag
HAL to provide IAF with 83 Tejas fighter planes in Rs 39,000-crore deal
The defence PSU Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has provided the Indian Air Force with 83 Tejas fighter aircrafts at a reduced cost of Rs 39,000 crore. Earlier, the cost of this deal was Rs 56,500 crore. The reduction by approximately Rs 17,000 crore came after a round of exhaustive negotiations and deliberations between the two parties.

According to a source, the procurements file will now be sent to the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) for the final stamp of approval now that the deal has been finalised in Rs 39,000 crore. It is being reported that the file could be cleared before March 31. After the contract is finalised, HAL could start the deliveries of Mark-1A jets in 3 years, according to a Times of India report.

Tejas Mark-1A jets are likely to come with 43 upgrades over the Mark-1 jets. These improvements are improving maintainability, AESA (active electronically scanned array) radar, air-to-air refueling, long range beyond visual range (BVR) missiles, and advanced electronic warfare aimed at jamming the enemy's radars and missiles.

The Defence Acquisitions Council first approved the induction of 83 Tejas fighter aircrafts at a cost of Rs 49,797 crore in 2016. The HAL responded with a quotation of approximately Rs 56,500 crore and this allegedly led to prolonged negotiations over cost.
https://www.businesstoday.in/curren...anes-in-rs-39000-crore-deal/story/396319.html

captscooby81

Country flag
NAL is basically an aviation development division their product is NAL SARAS .

HAL is basically a production company which don't involve in any developments . If someone give the prints and specifications HAL will build it nothing much they will do

dont we have 2 companies NAL & HAL

Chanakya 002

Country flag
Waah. At this rate it will take 10 years for the 83 MK1A.

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

India’s Ministry of Defense (MoD) and state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) have reportedly concluded negotiations to procure 83 indigenously designed and developed Tejas Light combat Aircraft (LCA) Mark (Mk) IA for the Indian Air Force (IAF) for $5.45 billion (390 billion or 39,000 crore Indian rupees), according to local media reports.

“With the contract price now settled at Rs 39,000 crore, the procurement file is being sent to the Cabinet Committee on Security for final nod. It should be cleared before this fiscal ends on March 31. Once the contract is inked, HAL promises to begin deliveries of the Mark-IA jets in three years,” a source familiar with the matter was quoted as saying by the Economic Times on February 17.

The Indian MoD placed an order for 40 Tejas LCA Mk I with HAL, including eight tandem two-seat LCA trainer aircraft, divided into two batches of 20 aircraft each in 2006 and 2010 respectively. To date, the IAF has taken delivery of 17 Tejas LCA in initial operational configuration or capability (IOC), which means the fighter jet meets the minimum requirements for operational deployment by the IAF.

The Tejas LCAs are operated by No 45 Squadron (Flying Daggers) at Sulur in southern India. The squadron is expected to receive three more Mk I aircraft in the summer months of 2020. The remaining 20 Mk Is are scheduled for delivery by 2022 in final operational clearance (FOC) configuration. The Tejas Mark I LCA was awarded FOC status by the Indian Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) in February 2019.

As I reported elsewhere, according to the IAF, the Tejas Mk I variant does not meet the service’s specifications and operational requirements:

he IAF has listed several technical deficiencies found on the Tejas LCA Mark-I variant in 2017. These flaws will purportedly will be addressed in later variants of the aircraft, which will include 43 improvements over the existing version.

Upgrades will include an advanced active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar system, a new electronic warfare sensor suite, and a new externally refueling capability.

HAL and Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) subsidiary Elta Systems signed a contract for the purchase of 83 ELM-2052 active electronically scanned array (AESA) radars and ELL-8222WB electronic warfare (EW) suites to be integrated with the Mark-IA in October 2018.

The Mk IA variant, powered by a General Electric F404-GE-IN20 turbofan engine, will be around 1,000 kg lighter than the Mk I. The newer variant will purportedly also have less maintenance requirements.

The IAF plans to induct a total of 123 Tejas Mark IA aircraft, next to the 40 first-generation Mark-Is. The IAF’s current combat strength is around 28 squadrons.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles