Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Stupid people being mislead by vested interests.

Where were they when the project was being developed all these time and start meddling with barely months left for the commissioning.

Increase the power cuts from one hour to 5 hours and they will know the importance of this plant.

I myself read some of the articles in Kumudham and Ananda Vikatan written by self-declared anti-nuclear activists. Full of unadulterated BS I would say. But most of the people reading them are the housewives, labourers who do not understand the scare-mongering in that and take it for granted. The Govt must allay their fears by deputing trained scientists and other students to explain to the people the neccesity of nuke energy to India.
Let me give you an example of how the interaction between a scientist and a village idiot will look like :

Scientist: nuclear power is safe

Village idiot: No its not safe

Sci: No it is not it has three layered defence

V I: it will go boom like hiroshima, "No its not safe"

Sci: no it is not, it will be controlled reaction, its not atom bomb

VI : No you Eveil govt puppets of america and russia..... "No its not safe"

Sci: we only generate 3% of our electricity from nuclear power plant unlike america and russia which develop 20% and 30% and france which develop 70% from nuclear plants

VI : No you peopil lies it has raaaaadiaaaationnnnu.... "No its not safe"

Sci: No it will be protected by three layers of concrete and lead shielding so no radiations... its not safe....

VI : blah blah blah "No its not safe"

Sci: Its important for the Nation, It will help in economic development....

VI : blah blah blah.... "No its not safe"

Sci : please understand its safe... we are not idiots to spent 10Bn$(10000crores) on something not safe

VI: blah blah blah......"No its not safe"

So good luck doing that :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

Param

I don't see much hope for reactors 3,4,5,6.

Koodankulam would probably remain a 2000 MW Plant.
Govt should reach some compromise.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Oh please why on earth would Jayalalitha NOT want the power plant to open,,,, they is a HUGE deficit in power,,,, If it was open and if the power cut is reduced then it will be a big boost for her reign,,, Is it not....

I personally believe that we have destroyed her confidence to take bold actions by voting her out of power in 2006..... Else she usually takes very bold decisions in view of the general public... but thats just me and feel free to disagree....

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
This has nothing to do with her politics. That region is a strong hold of Congress and allies.Lot of minorities there.

The Onus is on the Centre.
Yeah center is sabotaging its own project...... care to shed some light there....

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Unless AMMA decides, Koondakulam wont open. And AMMA is out to antagonize MMS and Sonia for because Congress stuck with DMK after the state polls. The only way out is to send the CISF in and open the plant by defying AMMA.

Hey what do you want her to do.....????

1. Opening it by force will create shellshock every where in TN about the anti democratic process and other BS from the press and media SUN TV, Kalaignar TV, Makkal TV (remember her crackdown of the state employees back in 2001-06)

2. Not opening it will mean worsening power situation in the state which again has its own consequences....

KS

Bye bye DFI
I find it amusing when people who have no idea about TN politics come here and lecture as if they know everything.

Bridging the power deficit , cutting down daily power cuts and help restart the industries would seen as the single biggest achievement by any Govt and only a fool will let go of that chance.

Unlike Jaitapur, Singur and other protests the protests in TN are not politically motivated. We have been lucky that both our main parties are capitalist and open economy types. These protests are masterminded by NGOs and (missionary) religious organizations with vested interests and active help from outside is helping them fund and organize these efforts.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Is there any idea of keeping a Patimandram on this issue? Like Patimandram with Vissu or T.Rajendran? May be we can trash things out on TV and let the people decide on who is right. The scientists Vs the evangelist.

Param

I find it amusing when people who have no idea about TN politics come here and lecture as if they know everything.

Bridging the power deficit , cutting down daily power cuts and help restart the industries would seen as the single biggest achievement by any Govt and only a fool will let go of that chance.

Unlike Jaitapur, Singur and other protests the protests in TN are not politically motivated. We have been lucky that both our main parties are capitalist and open economy types. These protests are masterminded by NGOs and religious organizations with vested interests and active help from outside is helping them fund and organize these efforts.
I too agree they are not politically motivated, but the reason why strong arm tactics have not been employed by the authorities is well known.What will be the state wide reaction to such a move in the next elections?

KS

Bye bye DFI
I too agree they are not politically motivated, but the reason why strong arm tactics have not been employed by the authorities is well known.What will be the state wide reaction to such a move in the next elections?
Jaya is afraid that this might be another debacle like her handling of the govt officials in the previous tenure.

So she is being essentially neutral and putting the ball in center's court.s

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Jaya is afraid that this might be another debacle like her handling of the govt officials in the previous tenure.

So she is being essentially neutral and putting the ball in center's court.s
The ESMA issue really cost her but i have seen guys on the net who are so young they dont even know the ESMA debacle and they come to debate the issue.

I heard there was a patimandram on the issue near coimbatore and violence broke out?

KS

Bye bye DFI
The ESMA issue really cost her but i have seen guys on the net who are so young they dont even know the ESMA debacle and they come to debate the issue.

I heard there was a patimandram on the issue near coimbatore and violence broke out?
Pattimandran on what ESMA or Kudankulam...?

Im not sure though..I;m not in coimbatore right now and so hardly any touch with local matters. :(

KS

Bye bye DFI
\

Kundankulam... i heard they did one and the evangalist thugs beat up the opposition.

Evangelist activity near Coimbatore..? their number s are a bit on the low side here because both dominant castes are fully Hindus..

Anyway Im not aware of it.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Oh please why on earth would Jayalalitha NOT want the power plant to open,,,, they is a HUGE deficit in power,,,, If it was open and if the power cut is reduced then it will be a big boost for her reign,,, Is it not....

I personally believe that we have destroyed her confidence to take bold actions by voting her out of power in 2006..... Else she usually takes very bold decisions in view of the general public... but thats just me and feel free to disagree....
Ok, she is the best thing that can happen to the world, then why the heck she is not helping the GoI to open the plants by keeping the politics aside. :)

On a serious note, I think she is putting her bets on the Thermal power plant coming on line this year, which will be able to solve the power situation to quite an extent, and simultaneously teaching the center a lesson about how to deal with her.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Ok, she is the best thing that can happen to the world, then why the heck she is not helping the GoI to open the plants by keeping the politics aside. :)

On a serious note, I think she is putting her bets on the Thermal power plant coming on line this year, which will be able to solve the power situation to quite an extent, and simultaneously teaching the center a lesson about how to deal with her.
As I said there is nothing political in this agitation except her being neutral and this is because of her bad experience last tenure in which she bombarded the striking govt employees and as a result lost elections.

While she should be more proactive, I dont see the central govt doing much either except some random statements from the PM and HM.

Vladimir79

Professional
GoI needs to clear out these hoodlums and let progress commence. There have been enough lies trying to keep India in the Dark.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
who is their ally?;)

Btw are you Spiez?
What do you mean if I am Spiez?????

And I too strongly suspected DMKs hand behind this but they have not come to support the protests so far....

And so As Karthic said i now think it might be the work of the NGOs and Missionaries....... Because It was actually pretty close to have emerged as a communal problem(---- religion for all its worth)

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Is there any idea of keeping a Patimandram on this issue? Like Patimandram with Vissu or T.Rajendran? May be we can trash things out on TV and let the people decide on who is right. The scientists Vs the evangelist.
Do you honestly believe people will take the voice of technocrats over evangelists in OUR Country mate...????? I want a honest answer......

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

She kept politics aside and sacked the teachers and other govt officials who refused to work despite having a FAT ASS salary( a teacher in a private school got Ru2000-4000 per month while those morons got Ru30000 per month ) ... not to mention their absense rate of 25%...... It was not a vendetta as many morons believe but a decision taken in the interest of public(she said she would rather spend the amount in the public welfare)... if you dont believe me do some research before blabberin..

And today is not very different and still many here have peanut sized brain about politics.... You can literally convince them that corruption will benefit them(i am not making that up).... many DMK supporters will still say DMK is better because they did something for them though they might have looted:rofl:.... they cant even understand that whatever that sick ---- of a Cm was giving he was from govt coffer(which again is filled by their own tax) and not from his family money...

When you have a voting population with a mindset like that here what do you expect from the politicians...????

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles