Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant

KS

Bye bye DFI
Vidiya vidiya ramayanam kettu, vidinchu ketta seethaikku raman sithappan...this is how folks are behaving here..:lol:

KS

Bye bye DFI
'Kudankulam to be operational at the earliest' - India News - IBNLive

In Chennai, S P Udayakumar, convenor of the People's Movement Against Nuclear Energy (PMANE), told reporters,"We strongly condemn the comments of Srikumar Banerjee. If the plant is commissioned against the interests of Tamils, PMANE, along with thousands of people, will lay a siege to the plant in front of it."
Seriously the power to this guy's house must be cut off during summer and he be made to stay in his house 24*7 :laugh:

SPIEZ

Country flag
From this issue, I could see 2 things general awareness among the public, the other is the power thses people hold

KS

Bye bye DFI
Politics is done based on popular sentiment, so TN people does not want nuclear power?
Define "TN people"...those who live within 10 km vicinity who dont want the plant or those who live 500 km away who want it ? They are both TN people only.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Are you even reading what I am writing ?

WHat can the State possible do unless the Home Ministry which has the powers to de-recognize the NGOs and thus making their activities illegal has not acted ?

Unless the MHA cracked the whip, the people who were protesting were just exercising their constituional rights to protest, however wrong they may be morally.
Uh so every body is wrong, there is no responsibility of state government in terms of law and order.

Blame the constitution which guarentees them the right to protest.
Right to protest does not means they can create anarchy, stopping them from creating anarchy is state government's job in which it has failed miserably

Am I saying something wrong ? I think many in the management have already reiterated that this is not a democratic forum. I'm just repeating their words.
How does management issues find a place in this thread?

Because you cant. I can see through that.
Because you don't see reason, I can see that

There is no homogenous "TN people". People in the vicinity of the plant may not want it and people 500 km away may want it. And both are "TN people". SO your question is stupid.
What those people were doing till the plant came up and about to start the operation, sleeping? It raises this question, the people are for the plant or against the plant.

Blame Fukushima disaster for the renewal of the protests. Call it bad luck or bad timing. State Govt cant use force to disperse the protestors unless they indulge in violence, arson or public property destruction. These protestors by and large did not indulge in any of the above , were peaceful and the State Govt was constituitionally bound not to do anything.

I feel like I'm talking to a wall. Seriously.
How did they able to stop the workers from going to plant for the work then? Or the workers said they didn't want to go. You are lying. They did used force to stop the work and created ruckus. They used communal card too. And you are saying that state government has not duty to stop all this nonsense. Truly amazing

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
And the funny part is they are not accepting it, for the sake of the all-important online dignity. :lol:
Still trying to make people shut up calling them non Tamil, pathetic. You guys are simply not able to accept that your government is ineptly handling the issue and letting the charade run

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Politics is done on popular sentiment, but only when it's time for the elections. For eg: reservations.
So you accept that state government is playing politics and letting the charade run?

I m saying that as individuals we are not responsible for the policies and actions of the government are we, neither you nor I have a say in what the politicians will do.
Yes you and I do not have control, I agree.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I have done an internship with the NTPC. TN maybe poorly managed, but still it recieves a 99% payback for it's electricity, All south Indian states holds that recoird for the past 50 years, most of the other states I don't have to tell you.
The electicity is sold below the cost, that is reason for losses, don't blame others for own problems

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Define "TN people"...those who live within 10 km vicinity who dont want the plant or those who live 500 km away who want it ? They are both TN people only.
What those people were doing till the plant came up? If they had issues with it, they could have protested before the construction began. This is bunkum. So the TN is not a state? Or there is some other government which is ruling those areas?

SPIEZ

Country flag
The electicity is sold below the cost, that is reason for losses, don't blame others for own problems
The price of electricity has been revised. People still account for the 99% of payback for the power. Can you say the same for other states?
Can you show me proof that electricity is sold below par than all the other states?

PS: I haven't blamed anyone as of yet.

SPIEZ

Country flag
So you accept that state government is playing politics and letting the charade run?
Again which state govt are you blamming, elections are just over. You can't expect much from them at this point.

Yes you and I do not have control, I agree.
''Than why say TN don't want this that etc???

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
The price of electricity has been revised. People still account for the 99% of payback for the power. Can you say the same for other states?
Can you show me proof that electricity is sold below par than all the other states?

PS: I haven't blamed anyone as of yet.
Yes but after a long time (after 2001, correct me if I am wrong here). Also why this constant rant for other states,

SPIEZ

Country flag
Yes but after a long time (after 2001, correct me if I am wrong here). Also why this constant rant for other states,
because you seem to be ranting about 1 state, thought I would rather show you the whole picture.

SPIEZ

Country flag
What those people were doing till the plant came up? If they had issues with it, they could have protested before the construction began. This is bunkum.
This is the same question running on everyone's mind. Add to it" how did the Chruch manage to prepare and support so many people in such a short time?"

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Again which state govt are you blamming, elections are just over. You can't expect much from them at this point.
TN government of course. They are playing politics instead of helping in sorting out the issue.

''Than why say TN don't want this that etc???
I am saying that politics is being played instead of concentrating on sorting out the issues

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
because you seem to be ranting about 1 state, thought I would rather show you the whole picture.
The state government boards are responsible for particular state, so no need to bring them in to picture

SPIEZ

Country flag
TN government of course. They are playing politics instead of helping in sorting out the issue.

I am saying that politics is being played instead of concentrating on sorting out the issues
I was asking DMK/ADMK...
For the second part of it
Q:Who runs the govt?
A:politicians.
Q: what do politicians do?
A; play fair.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
This is the same question running on everyone's mind. Add to it" how did the Chruch manage to prepare and support so many people in such a short time?"
They used illegal means (money), only if government could have applied proper pressure to sort out the issue, this could not have been mothballed in such big level

Global Defence

New threads

Articles