Kolkata Class Destroyers Update

Twinblade

Country flag
@Twinblade

look at this pic,

2 blocks of 4x4 barak-8 VLS situated right after BrahMos VLS. Considering similar no. on the aft 16+16=32.
Also no. of BrahMos looks like only 8, though hard to tell.
It seems both you and I are wrong. There are VLS cells up back as well, so that would make it a total of 4 blocks with 16 missiles each.

As far is Brahmos VLS is concerned, the VLS design by L&T is for 8 missiles each.

Last edited by a moderator:

WMD

It seems both you and I are wrong. There are VLS cells up back as well, so that would make it a total of 4 blocks with 16 missiles each.

As far is Brahmos VLS is concerned, the VLS design by L&T is for 8 missiles each.

Sorry, my mistake. What I wanted to convey is that there are 4 VLS blocks(2 on the front, 2 on the aft) of 2x4 or 4+4 cells/Barak-8 missiles.

i.e. 16+16=32(forward+aft) Barak-8 missiles in total.
There are VLS cells up back as well, so that would make it a total of 4 blocks with 8 missiles each.
This is the Barak-8 launcher which is 2x4 not 4x4.

Last edited:

Twinblade

Country flag
@WMD, it could be just as possible that there might be two VLS casettes in each block.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Explosion on board the INS Kolkata. 1 officer killed. Gas leak cited. RIP

agentperry

if im not wrong destroyer is used to destroy the enemy and not itself.

if navy in competition with air force that who will self destruct first.

Neil

Country flag
R.I.P to the officer.. condolences to the family.

thank you for your service..!!

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
God knows what is going on with our Navy, those guys are having accident by the day. Navy Chief's resignation has not change things................:mad:

ladder

Country flag
RIP to the Officer.

Don't go by the initial report by our media on what happened. The media which cannot get the yard no. correct. INS Kolkata has a yard no. 12701 and not 701 as stated.

Pre-commissioning trials are always risky. Under which interlocks are tested by simulating scenarios and presumably a hardware failure took place.
And what led to it is un-verified. Most probably the hardware failure occurred under stated limits which was being tested.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
I believe there must have been gas masks in all the compartments of the ships and the subs. If not, then god help our sailors.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
RIP, out navy has become a Joke........................:mad:
I usually say blame the Russians, but this is a brand new ship from MDL. The cause of these accidents is lack of proper safety inspection and maintenance cycles. IN needs to hire consultants to take a fine-tooth comb to their engineering departments and give them a kick in the ass.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles