Know Your 'Rafale'

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
It's not religion my Pakistani 'friend'. We in India and the defence also have a large contingent of other religious practices which as you might think are not respected. Here in India we do not consider this angle. Try to think of it like a pyramid and all religions being above it like becon of hope for mankind in India.
They are like that only, everything resolves around religion.
Confused State in Confused State of Mind.

Filtercoffee

Country flag
Then for the benefit of your state it should be passed I think combined intelligence has sent in the first batch to observe your military practices? Also it would just remove the toggle of 'push it further'?

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
America uses all for its benefits, so whose relations of countries which was in past with her, and the present are both pawn to their chess game.

A bill becomes law if signed by the President or if not signed within 10 days and Congress is in session. If Congress adjourns before the 10 days and the President has not signed the bill then it does not become law ("Pocket Veto.") So, my question is why Obama is not interested? Or congress has i think 90 days to wait for the bill to be passed. But, I have chatted with an American regarding bill passed scenario he was laughing millions of bills are stacked, and you are talking to this one. :)
Why are repeating what I just said......:crazy::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:
You just want to type something.....

Chinmoy

Country flag
As your Flag tells me you are an Indian .... I do not like you calling me Stupid.

I did not read your reply further .Please refrain from using such words....
Sorry if I hurt you mate. Done that in sarcasm. You should have read by post to get hold of it. Anyway, sorry again.

Filtercoffee

Country flag
Good luck to you sir I hope your peaceful views trickle down to JEM and other great organizations in Pakistan.

SarcasmXXL

I am new in the forum, could some of you help me understand why India is not opting for more MIG 29 (35?) or SU 30 MKI (35s ?). I imagine this would help us reduce the variety of aircrafts in arsenal and reduce maintenance nightmares ! Is the maintenance issue with MIGs/SUs it that big hassle ?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Russia is our all weather friend.
SARCASM in your username suites you because Indians never give the title ALL WEATHER FRIEND to anyone.
Nobody is friend of other in international gameplay, play for your interests. Same US supported China to nullify Soviet Union. Now, supporting us against China. And hence, we have to use them as shield till being self capable.

Filtercoffee

Country flag
To be honest it wouldn't matter. The sales timeline is already fixed. Only a handful of people can actually change instances in it. Most of them have to just do it. I hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts on DFI and I also hope deep down somewhere there isn't animosity for the rest of us 'bloody indians'.

SarcasmXXL

SARCASM in your username suites you because Indians never give the title ALL WEATHER FRIEND to anyone.
Nobody is friend of other in international gameplay, play for your interests. Same US supported China to nullify Soviet Union. Now, supporting us against China. And hence, we have to use them as shield till being self capable.
I fully agree sir. Normally people do opposite to there names - Sarcasm :crazy:

Bahamut

I am new in the forum, could some of you help me understand why India is not opting for more MIG 29 (35?) or SU 30 MKI (35s ?)
Our Su 30 MKI are being upgrade plus India wants to diversify it weapons import so the Mig 35 is not considered
Is the maintenance issue with MIGs/SUs it that big hassle ?
That is being solved by local production and pre ordering of spear parts

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I am new in the forum, could some of you help me understand why India is not opting for more MIG 29 (35?) or SU 30 MKI (35s ?).
We already have but having more isn't a bad thing at all.
Rafael is one of the most advanced combat planes, expensive machine but can help a lot as an asset as well as a platform for our own planes.

In fact, it's similar to Chinese deal of Su-35 with Russians (at least according to Chinese members:p).

SarcasmXXL

Our Su 30 MKI are being upgrade plus India wants to diversify it weapons import so the Mig 35 is not considered

That is being solved by local production and pre ordering of spear parts
Thanks for your reply. What I meant was - we need around 90 more medium fighters. So instead of going for a different aircraft (for example F16/18, Gripen etc) why don't we just increase the numbers of existing fleet ? Our Su 30 MKI production lines will be free after 2019 I guess (or may be engaged in upgrade to Super Sukhois !)

Bahamut

Thanks for your reply. What I meant was - we need around 90 more medium fighters. So instead of going for a different aircraft (for example F16/18, Gripen etc) why don't we just increase the numbers of existing fleet ? Our Su 30 MKI production lines will be free after 2019 I guess (or may be engaged in upgrade to Super Sukhois !)
It is also about getting newer technology .Plus Su 30 has some design limitation like high RCS ,so a another plane is needed to compliment Su 30.If local Production of rafale is approved then it will produced but if not a alternative plane will found by December of this year

SarcasmXXL

I am not sure about the price - performance of FGFA, but probably we could order few (36 ?) off-the-shelf in the current PAK FA configuration (just like what we did with SU30) and order another 18 Rafales, to meet the current needs and then keep producing LCA Tejas and start production of FGFA ASAP may be by 2020-22. AMCA at the moment would be far fetched dream, I would be extremely happy if AMCA production line would be ready to replace MIG 29/Mirages on time (I hope so !).

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
India is paying for two bases of Rafale. To only station one squadron per base is absurd so they will at least double the order.

Bahamut

The Eurofighter Typhoon is widely considered to be far superior to Rafale. I don't think the slight cost difference should come into play. The NATO countries that don't buy Typhoon tend to have close relationships with the US.
Whenever Rafale and Typhoon meet ,Rafale won hands down. Euro fighter had to resort to bribery and political pressure to win
If India is looking at 'value', then it should look at buying from outside the NATO bloc, such as Russia or China. Chinese planes are cheap and competitive too.
We are buying Rafale to counter China.
Rafale purchase is a costly solution and a heavy amount would be spent in sure ratio aspect of maintenance. So, not easier and less cost-effective in terms of cost per plane during maintenance stage, which India can't afford at once on all , even after India bargained hard to get the price down to a reported 7.9 billion euros ($8.8 billion). :biggrin2:
Just go and beg for second hand F 16

Global Defence

Articles