Kaveri Engine

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Ok experts if kaveri can produce 50kn is it enough to power ghatak ucav? Isn't that thing gonna be really big?

Vamsi

Country flag
Thank you isn't it weird as a comman mana prespactive a ucav is very big but it requires less thrust than a tejas technology is mysterious ig
Tejas & Ghatak will have almost same MTOW....Tejas too always doesn't fly on AB, AB is used to fly supersonic and during dogfight, Ghatak doesn't need to do both of em, hence dry thrust is enough

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Tejas & Ghatak will have almost same MTOW....Tejas too always doesn't fly on AB, AB is used to fly supersonic and during dogfight, Ghatak doesn't need to do both of em, hence dry thrust is enough
Thank you

NutCracker

Country flag
Watch again the video bro, he clearly said "Govt has agreed to transfer a Tejas unit to GTRE"
timestamp ??

tere chakkar me 3 baar video dekh li hai.

Ok experts if kaveri can produce 50kn is it enough to power ghatak ucav? Isn't that thing gonna be really big?
Ghatak ucav is too ambitious project. 50kN is insufficient if they have planned for 12+T mtow.(which I think is 15Tonne).

Till the time full scale Ghatak comes out. its better to fund GTRE to build 75-80kN dry thrust engine

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
timestamp ??

tere chakkar me 3 baar video dekh li hai.

Ghatak ucav is too ambitious project. 50kN is insufficient if they have planned for 12+T mtow.(which I think is 15Tonne).

Till the time full scale Ghatak comes out. its better to fund GTRE to build 75-80kN dry thrust engine
If they have achieved 73 now with more funds getting 75-80 shouldn't be a problem for our scientists

NutCracker

Country flag
"agar bharat sarkar." . "IF.. Indian gov".

Hypothetical , suggestion.. nothing concrete.. made me see the video thrice.
1666421495201.png

If they have achieved 73 now with more funds getting 75-80 shouldn't be a problem for our scientists
hm funding is needed.

even with current 50kN dry thrust it can fly 15Tonne Ghatak UCAV.

surveillance mode should give 14000km range as HALE RQ-4 .

Even 35 kn is good enough to make it fly , our engine will make sure it fly near supersonic
Hopefully 🤞

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Can we use a smaller version of these in our hale and male programs? Wouldn't it solve the problem of not giving enough hrs in air?

cyclops

Country flag

More Info:
Kaveri UCAV version high altitude testing is going on smoothly in Russia, after some early hiccups due to the war

omaebakabaka

"agar bharat sarkar." . "IF.. Indian gov".

Hypothetical , suggestion.. nothing concrete.. made me see the video thrice.
View attachment 178078

hm funding is needed.

even with current 50kN dry thrust it can fly 15Tonne Ghatak UCAV.

surveillance mode should give 14000km range as HALE RQ-4 .

Hopefully 🤞
Kaveri's best outcome will be drone engine and it is very unlikely it will go into Tejas and this was indicated. There may be a completely different program based on kaveri but solely based on learnings and more modern requirements.

Whitecollar

Country flag
Kaveri's best outcome will be drone engine and it is very unlikely it will go into Tejas and this was indicated. There may be a completely different program based on kaveri but solely based on learnings and more modern requirements.
There maybe a chance that DRDO goes a little berserk and modify the engine a bit to generate 82-83 kN like RD-93 instead. This may lower the overall TTL of Kaveri but it will be interesting to see what kind of performance it can give after commissioning it into Prototype Tejas. If all goes well, we'll reach very practical MTBO & TTL figures. All this assuming Govt gives funds to support even this mod and as far as things are looking now, that is nigh impossible.

omaebakabaka

There maybe a chance that DRDO goes a little berserk and modify the engine a bit to generate 82-83 kN like RD-93 instead. This may lower the overall TTL of Kaveri but it will be interesting to see what kind of performance it can give after commissioning it into Prototype Tejas. If all goes well, we'll reach very practical MTBO & TTL figures. All this assuming Govt gives funds to support even this mod and as far as things are looking now, that is nigh impossible.
I doubt it just based on my experience being part of some engineering programs. Too much deviation and too long programs generally do not lead to a current product but some good side effects will come along based on what gets provide solidly. This will end up being a very productive research program based on which a new program may be initiated with yet to reach goals, all the partnership lookouts with established players point to this optimistcally speaking. I am just basing my personal opinion based on my experience unrelated to this field but still lot of things work in the same way in engineering.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles