Kaveri Engine

amit6371

Country flag
I am sure you did not mean the way it comes off....they are still valid but the interactions of other parameters in real world need to be factored in. Errors and losses and few other aspects need to be understood and remedied.
Yes, you are absolutely right. However, the modified equations are just used for initial rough calculations after that, FEA, CFD, and, most important, i.e., experiment data get the first place.

Let me take an example that we do not consider in theoretical calculations. A big portion of the compressed air is extracted from various stages to cool the combustor chamber and turbine blades. This extraction of compressed air heavily affected the efficiency and size of the engine(compressor).

I can share what I know, If you guys are really interested in the technical aspects of Gas turbines.

Happy Diwali

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Who "chairs" GTRE and are people aware of what sounds like your fair criticisms of it? What is needed to make the change? what politician needs to be made aware of this?

Happy Diwali bro.

Sachinananda

Kaveri achieved sustained thrust of 73KN and govt agreed to integrate Kaveri to a Tejas prototype
Wait now I am confused
Wasn't that kaveri meant for ghatak ucav sent to Russia
I mean required thrust of 50 kn
Now from where did the original variant of kaveri was sent and tested for 73 kn thrust
Pls explain
If it has achieved 73kn in non after burning stage does it mean it can achieve 50 kn without any modification

NutCracker

Country flag
Wait now I am confused
Wasn't that kaveri meant for ghatak ucav sent to Russia
I mean required thrust of 50 kn
Now from where did the original variant of kaveri was sent and tested for 73 kn thrust
Pls explain
If it has achieved 73kn in non after burning stage does it mean it can achieve 50 kn without any modification
73 with Afterburner. 50 something with dry..

For comparison RQ4 GLobal hawk with 14000 km range has < 40kN engine.. but has 30% less weight.

We can remove some HP stages for weight reduction. DOn't know the trade off with the thrust.

Sachinananda

73 with Afterburner. 50 something with dry..

For comparison RQ4 GLobal hawk with 14000 km range has < 40kN engine.. but has 30% less weight.

We can remove some HP stages for weight reduction. DOn't know the trade off with the thrust.
I didn't see the video did he say 73 kn with after burner

Vamsi

Country flag
no one is integrating anywhere yet.
with 50 Dry and 73 wet. Its underpowered for Mk1 and 2 both.

Only twin engine project can create a good T/W ratio jet similar to Rafale / tedbf.
Kaveri won't be powering Tejas.But they are planning to integrate it to a Tejas prototype to flight test in Limited envelope

NutCracker

Country flag
Kaveri won't be powering Tejas.But they are planning to integrate it to a Tejas prototype to flight test in Limited envelope
in Video.. alpha defence is suggesting the govt for utilisation in LCA Mk1 prototype for the time being.
Other than that you got some source ?

Vamsi

Country flag
in Video.. alpha defence is suggesting the govt for utilisation in LCA Mk1 prototype for the time being.
Other than that you got some source ?
Alpha directly spoke to GTRE chief...this is the biggest source. I'm waiting for update from DDR. Our own @jik60 got update that Dry Version is currently under flight testing in Russia

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles