Kaveri Engine

airtel

Country flag
Russia is only helping in developing 3D vector thrusting nozzles for Kaveri. To be precise Klimov. That's it.

But according to Ceo of Rosoboronexport , their company is Involved in Kaveri Engine Project not Klimov ?

IndianHawk

Country flag
But according to Ceo of Rosoboronexport , their company is Involved in Kaveri Engine Project not Klimov ?
Kaveri did go to Russia for testing. Russian consultation must have been part of initial development. He might be exaggerating it.

akk

Country flag
Yup, its correct.
KLIMOV & GTRE are developing TVN since 2015 to modify the produced Kaveri Engine.
Russians have no extra engagement in KAVERI except TVN.

As I posted before, it is also confirmed that there are two parallel modification processes are persued. But I'm unable to get the details about the other process because my sources is working on different department. He also confirmed that the Project is a highly secret.

I don't know why he used the word "secret"? It makes me more curious...:ear:
that's quite interesting. Assuming that the secret project is for higher thrust 110 or more kn, is it possible that the entire amca project is actually going forward secretly.....away from public glare? can we.....on a particular day....be told that prototype is ready? wishful thinking I guess.....but what will we do with the engine without the aircraft. If engine ix progressing, it is a reasonable guess that aircraft is slso progressing. OR none are progressing. Any thoughts?

SanjeevM

Country flag
I read in the same Kaveri forum in past that there were 3 plans. A, B & C.
A- work with France on Kaveri
B- Work in parallel with Russia on Kaveri
C- Work in parallel with U.S.. (that was under Obama administration. It got cancelled when Trump came to power)

So it may be possible that We may have Kaveri engine work going in Russia as well. Who knows.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Rosoboronexport is a state mediatory agency for Defense projects. Or you can say it is the russian marketing agency for Defense projects

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
that's quite interesting. Assuming that the secret project is for higher thrust 110 or more kn, is it possible that the entire amca project is actually going forward secretly.....away from public glare? can we.....on a particular day....be told that prototype is ready? wishful thinking I guess.....but what will we do with the engine without the aircraft. If engine ix progressing, it is a reasonable guess that aircraft is slso progressing. OR none are progressing. Any thoughts?
According to me, the other parallel modification is persued by UK's rolls Royce based on EJ220 (I'm not sure, its my speculation). I'll share the Update as soon as I got the Same.

AMCA's progress is not secret and available in public. Its full scale model is under Production for the stealth testing purposes. After that developers will go for Prototype manufacturing.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
I read in the same Kaveri forum in past that there were 3 plans. A, B & C.
A- work with France on Kaveri
B- Work in parallel with Russia on Kaveri
C- Work in parallel with U.S.. (that was under Obama administration. It got cancelled when Trump came to power)

So it may be possible that We may have Kaveri engine work going in Russia as well. Who knows.
For B : its was a joint development of thurst vectoring Nozzles by GTRE & KLIMOV. Russians have nothing to do with the Engine tech.

For C: it was already put in the cold bag under Obama regime. Both parties go under negotiation but will no fruitful results come out of it.

Superdefender

Russian engines on the "Sushki" want to replace the Indian https://naked-science.ru/sites/default/files/styles/full_size/public/field/image/su-30_mki_lajes.jpg?itok=HCP4g1Si
https://naked-science.ru/sites/defa...field/image/su-30_mki_lajes.jpg?itok=HCP4g1Si
A huge fleet of Russian Su-30MKI fighters, which is in service with India, can undergo re-assault: the famous AL-31FP want to be replaced by Indian Kaveri engines.

Aug 3 / By: Ilya Vedmedenko

The Indian Air Force has a huge fleet of more than 230 Su-30MKI fighters - a deeply modernized version of the Su-27. The purchase of such a number of fighters by Indians is perhaps the biggest success of Russia in the field of the export of modern weapons in recent decades. Russians do not mind taking part in the modernization of cruise vehicles, but it seems that the Indians want to cope themselves. Rather, without the active participation of the Russian side, but with some help from the French.

The Indians are planning to increase the thrust of its Kaveri engine to 125 kN: the Indian company GTRE and the French Safran are already working on this issue. An increase in thrust will allow the engine to be installed on Su-30MKI fighters without loss of combat qualities of the aircraft.

GTRE GTX-35VS Kaveri / © wikipedia

Note that GTRE GTX-35VS Kaveri has been quite problematic since its birth. The project was even frozen in 2014, as the engine could not reach the indices presented to the Indian Air Force.

Comment NS: The general "trend" is quite obvious: India is increasingly abandoning the services of the Russian military-industrial complex, reorienting itself to either Western partners or its own defense industry.

Source Link: https://naked-science.ru/article/tech/rossiyskie-dvigateli-na-sushkah

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Consultancy is not the reason for Kaveri to be delayed. It was only in 1999 that Kaveri development was given a push by Vajpayee. The Kaveri till then was only a concept and not even design was started till then. Where did Pokhran come from?
Bro, you have to study the history of KAVERI ENGINE.

In 1986, the Indian Defence Ministry's Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) was authorized to launch a programme to develop an indigenous powerplant for the Light Combat Aircraft.
GTRE had developed the GTX37-14U after-burning turbojet, which first ran in 1977, and was the first jet engine to be designed entirely in India. A turbofan derivative, the GTX37-14UB, followed. The GTRE returned to turbojet technology with the greatly redesigned, but unsatisfactory, GTX-35.
For the LCA programme, the GTRE would again take up a turbofan design which it designated the GTX-35VS "Kaveri" (named after the Kaveri River). Full-scale development was authorized in April 1989 in what was then expected to be a 93-month programme projected to cost ₹3.82 billion (US$59.6 million).
The Kabini core engine first ran in March 1995. Test runs of the first complete prototype Kaveri began in 1996 and all five ground-test examples were in testing by 1998; the initial flight tests were planned for the end of 1999.
The development was delayed due to lack of funding and Governmental support. Later on, the project throttled up in the reign of Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
The further is what you're talking about.

@airtel

Vijyes

Bro, you have to study the history of KAVERI ENGINE.

In 1986, the Indian Defence Ministry's Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) was authorized to launch a programme to develop an indigenous powerplant for the Light Combat Aircraft.
GTRE had developed the GTX37-14U after-burning turbojet, which first ran in 1977, and was the first jet engine to be designed entirely in India. A turbofan derivative, the GTX37-14UB, followed. The GTRE returned to turbojet technology with the greatly redesigned, but unsatisfactory, GTX-35.
For the LCA programme, the GTRE would again take up a turbofan design which it designated the GTX-35VS "Kaveri" (named after the Kaveri River). Full-scale development was authorized in April 1989 in what was then expected to be a 93-month programme projected to cost ₹3.82 billion (US$59.6 million).
The Kabini core engine first ran in March 1995. Test runs of the first complete prototype Kaveri began in 1996 and all five ground-test examples were in testing by 1998; the initial flight tests were planned for the end of 1999.
The development was delayed due to lack of funding and Governmental support. Later on, the project throttled up in the reign of Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
The further is what you're talking about.

@airtel
Why Russia never helped India get Kaveri while it helped in matters like Cryogenic engine of ISRO despite USSR collapse?

Vijyes

Kaveri Marine Gas Turbine: 15 MW max output at ISA-SLS Specific fuel consumption is 0.27 kg/kW-h at ISA-SLS

What is the thrust of Kaveri engine for ships? Is there after burners too for additional speed in case of high speed chasing in war?

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
What is the thrust of Kaveri engine for ships? Is there after burners too for additional speed in case of high speed chasing in war?
No. In ships where Combined Diesel or Gas propulsion are used, such as in Shivalik class frigates, there are multiple engines. Some are CI Internal combustion (Diesel) engines and some are gas turbines. While cruising, gas turbines are kept off and the engine and ship's systems run off of the Diesel engines. However, when high speed dash is required or peak power is required in the ship's systems, the gas turbines are used to do the balance of the work.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
power of Turbine engines for ships and surface vehicle (like Abram M1 tank) is calculate in Kilowatts.
This technology is also used in Helicopter engines.
These engines don't have afterburner and thurst. It only deliver its power through output shaft.

lcafanboy

Country flag
Rosoboronexport is Russian export agency which facilitates weapons exports from various weapons manufacturing companies and shipping yards and does not manufacture any weapons. It's just a channel to look after sales services of weapons.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles