Kaveri Engine

badguy2000

Respected Member
And the point being?
Today ,both UK and France can not produce big trust engine now. after they gave up plans of big engine decades ago, they stoped accumulating relative experiment datas and abolished relative equipments and tech.

even IF both determined to develop trust big engine right now, it would take them one decade at least to reacquire relative experiment datas and recover relative equipments.

Last edited:

gogbot

And the point being?
Then landed on the moon with less computing power than my grapical calculator
But why wont they do the same now,

Its because they know easily Mistakes can happen and how inefficient the old systems ere.

In the modern age, You make systems using the Modern standard.

Means things are lighter smaller, More digital and more advanced meaterials

badguy2000

Respected Member
Then landed on the moon with less computing power than my grapical calculator
But why wont they do the same now,

Its because they know easily Mistakes can happen and how inefficient the old systems ere.

In the modern age, You make systems using the Modern standard.

Means things are lighter smaller, More digital and more advanced meaterials
you should tellit to Obama and persude him to restart the project of landing-moon.

Last edited:

gogbot

you should tellit to Obama and persude him to restart the project of landing-moon.
If the US wanted to go back it could.

But i agree with him, it would be more efficient to aim for Mars.

And focus on a more international effort for the Moon.

but its all a question of money, So if it is a mission to the moon or a mission to mars.

Mars obviously.

Agantrope

Whats the landing on Moon doing in Kaveri Engine Thread??

No more OT please

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Today ,both UK and France can not produce big trust engine now. after they gave up plans of big engine decades ago, they stoped accumulating relative experiment datas and abolished relative equipments and tech.

even IF both determined to develop trust big engine right now, it would take them one decade at least to reacquire relative experiment datas and recover relative equipments.
What is the point? UK and France can upscale their engines anytime we want but it is not necessary. Smaller engines for more efficient smaller fighters. The Rafale is just a mosquito to the Flanker but can carry far more payload, has comperable range and an RCS 40 times smaller. Snap on an M88-3 and you have the best T/W ratio of any engine in service.

badguy2000

Respected Member
What is the point? UK and France can upscale their engines anytime we want but it is not necessary. Smaller engines for more efficient smaller fighters. The Rafale is just a mosquito to the Flanker but can carry far more payload, has comperable range and an RCS 40 times smaller. Snap on an M88-3 and you have the best T/W ratio of any engine in service.
what a good and universal excuse "" I can do it anytime I want..but is not necessay" is !

anything that has not been worked out , delayed or given up can be explained with it!

For example:

Yankees can say that they can return to Moon anytime they want. now it is not necessary..so they give up it.

Russians can say that they can build AC anytime they want,now it is no necessary..so they buy LST from France.

and I can raise more example of " I can do it anytime I want..but is not necessay"....if you want more.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
what a good and universal excuse "" I can do it anytime I want..but is not necessay" is !

anything that has not been worked out , delayed or given up can be explained with it!

For example:

Yankees can say that they can return to Moon anytime they want. now it is not necessary..so they give up it.

Russians can say that they can build AC anytime they want,now it is no necessary..so they buy LST from France.

and I can raise more example of " I can do it anytime I want..but is not necessay"....if you want more.
We can do it anytime it is needed, such as M88-3 is needed to sell Rafale to UAE, so it will be done.

plugwater

Kaveri Engine Project update

In a months’ time Joint venture by GTRE and Snecma will be bring enhance thrust to the Kaveri Engine and new engine will be available in four to five years from now on , new joint venture most likely will be signed when French President Nicholas Sarkozy will come to India in April 2010.

Since Kaveri engine has been separated from Tejas Project which is currently powered by Ge’s F-404-GE-IN20 engine and further batches (Tejas MKII) will be powered by either GE F-414 or Euro jet EJ-200 engines. GTRE still considers that new engine still has a chance to power Tejas MKII, but the development time for Kaveri MK-2 of four to five years will clearly delay the development of Tejas MK-II so wisely new engine will be selected from the two types which are been evaluated .

So which Aircraft will Kaveri MK-2 power? Most likely AMCA (Advance Medium Combat Aircraft) which ADE and DRDO will be developing , Kaveri Mark -1 may still be integrated with a Tejas PV-1 aircraft by year end once successful trails have been completed in Russia on a Flying Test Bed in a modified IL-76 aircraft which are currently is taking place . With dry thrust of 52 kn and 85 kn in reheat Kaveri Mark-1 is still good enough to power a locally developed Advance jet Trainer (AJT) or even a Tejas Trainer ,GTRE is also working on using Kabini core to develop small turbofan engine for UMCA (Unmanned combat aircraft) or High flying UAV’s which DRDO is developing ,ADE which is main developer of Tejas program is also contemplating idea of a Unmanned Tejas which may be powered by Kaveri-Mark-1 or 2 ,but there is no development currently taking place at this time .

Marine Kaveri has been successfully tested in a Indian Naval dock yard Facility in Vishakhapatnam, which will power Rajput class of ships, Marine Kaveri engine was able to generate 12 MW (16000 hp) at sea level under 35 degree Celsius , GTRE is ready working on 3 or 4 test engines which will be tested onboard within next three years and cost for each engine is expected to be below 25 crores ,which is cheaper than the Western imported engines , Navy will order around 40 of this engines for powering warship in a years to come

Two decades ago GTRE was authorized to launch a programme to develop an indigenous power plant for the countries Indigenous built Light combat aircraft known as Tejas. Kaveri Engine Program from its start till date only four core engines and eight Kaveri engines have been manufactured even after repeated success in Indian condition where engine was able to generate 4774 kgf (dry) and 7000 kgf (reheat) thrust ,failed most of time in High altitude reheat tests conducted in Russia from 2001 onwards.

http://idrw.org/?p=764#more-764

plugwater

India to flight-test first indigenous jet engine next month

After two decades of research and development, India is all set to flight-test its first indigenously developed jet engine next month, an official said on Wednesday.

"Kaveri engine will be flight-tested in one-and-half months... Should be after middle of May," Director of Bangalore-based Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE), a DRDO lab, T Mohana Rao, said.

It would be flight-tested using the IL-76 aircraft in Russia, he said. The Kaveri engine, meant for India's fighter jet, the Light Combat Aircraft Tejas, has completed all simulation and altitude tests. The altitude tests in Russia in February were a "grand success", he said.
GTRE officials said around Rs 3,000 crore has been spent on the Kaveri project.

Rao said GTRE is now looking to reduce the weight of the Kaveri engine to 50 kg from 60 kg. "It has to be fine-tuned. We will go in for lot of optimisation in future".

GTRE, which is engaged in research and development of gas turbines for military aircraft, has so far developed nine Kaveri engines and four Kabini (core of Kaveri). "All engines have been tested to full potential," he added.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/62518/indias-flight-test-first-indigenous.html

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Now this is the news I was waiting for way to go GTRE. Guys leave the DDM portion :)

gogbot

Rao said GTRE is now looking to reduce the weight of the Kaveri engine to 50 kg from 60 kg. "It has to be fine-tuned. We will go in for lot of optimisation in future".
I think there is something wrong with the statement

I think he means 960 kg to 950 kg , which was the project goal.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
that's why i said leave the DDM part alone :D let's concentrate on the good news

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag

nirmal

Country flag
Excuse me for putting up this question here, but can somebody update the latest status report of Tejas wrt LSP-3,no of test flights,radar integration in the thread please?There is absolutely no news for the last couple of weeks on this front.Thanks in advance

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Excuse me for putting up this question here, but can somebody update the latest status report of Tejas wrt LSP-3,no of test flights,radar integration in the thread please?There is absolutely no news for the last couple of weeks on this front.Thanks in advance
LSP 3 is not flown yet buddy

nirmal

Country flag
Niteshji,I know it has not flown till now.Actually I was just interested to know the status of LSP-3 as on date,and test flight and radar integration of the existing PV's.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles