Kaveri Engine

karn

Country flag
Because of this reason we have started to look towards Baracuda's reactor.
As for S5 SSBN I believe we have matured CLWR enough to put the SSBN in production.

We only went for Russian Armored vehicles is all courtesy of Chandigarh lobby. It high time we replace them with indigenous once. Same goes for Russian aircraft.

We should even scrap AK-203 deal in favor of MCIWS.
We should do a lot of things ... I know.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Not entirely, in the aftermath of the Galwan Valley clash, Raksha Mantri RNS 3 day dash to Russia ostensibly to attend the Victory Day Parade was a cover to fast track Russian supplies. It's sickening but shows our utter dependence on the Russians.

From June 2020 when the pandemic was raging and the Chinese were baring teeth-

Without active Russian assistance, we can't fight a war. It's pretty evident.

The entire episode shows our incompetence as a nation be it for what ever the reason.
Still army and air-force is playing hardball to buy locally designed and manufactured products.

This is exactly the reason why our politicians and bureaucrats have no faith in our military.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
The entire episode shows our incompetence as a nation be it for what ever the reason.
Still army and air-force is playing hardball to buy locally designed and manufactured products.

This is exactly the reason why our politicians and bureaucrats have no faith in our military.
Helps the Indian military too.. you know.. by taking the military option off the table.. :megusta:
This is how trial pe trial helps keep the Military safe:

Modi to Gernail: Chini ghus gaya hain.. Can you evict them..
Gernail to Modi: No saar.. we dont have enough mijjiles, artillery rounds, tank rounds, low on artillery pieces.. etc.. etc..
Modi to country: Koi nahi ghusa hain bhaiyo aur beheno...

So that Gernails can chill back and relax.. and enjoy their retirement..
But, once they retire, they start oozing Machismo on twitter.. and want the military to be placed on a pedestal..:daru:

Tridev123

Country flag
114 MRFA + 26 MRCBF (18SS + 8TS) = 140 in all
SS - Single Seater
TS - Twin Seater
AF- Air Force

Rafale variants
B AF TS
C AF SS
M Naval SS

F-18 variants
E Naval SS
F Naval TS

Firstly, the Rafale is not an optimum buy for the MRCBF requirement as it stands today. Rafale does not have a naval twin seater so while 18 single seat Rafale M can be procured, for the twin seat variant IN will have to opt for AF Rafale B. These 8 twin seat trainers can never operate from a carrier deck since they are primarily air force fighters and have not been navalised- no tail hook , strong undercarriage to deal with heavy sink rates etc. They will be operating from shore based/land based air fields.

The Boeing F/A-18 E/F is a much better fit with both single and twin seat naval versions. It will additionally have engine commonality with Mk2, AMCA Mk1 & TEDBF in the GE F414.

Also, don't think the Rafale M can be converted into to a Rafale C at all- TEDBF or not the naval Rafale M (SS) if bought under MRCBF will spend their entire life on INS Vikrant with IN only. Any Rafale B IN can spare in future will be lapped up by IAF. The Rafale M will not be as performant for AF. The F-18 OTOH has not found favour with IAF at all (did not make the MMRCA down select).

So if IN goes for F-18, all 26 will serve with IN for 40 years until replaced by TEDBF (which will first replace the 29Ks on Vikramaditya, before gracing the deck of Vikrant). There will be better fleet utilization since all planes can operate from the flight deck. It will give us access to cheaper weapons from Uncle Sam. But a big con is dependence on Uncle Sam & sanctions.

If IN goes for Rafale, 18 will serve their full life with IN while 8 can be transferred to the IAF. Of the 26 procured only 18 will be fit for carrier ops. French weapons are much costlier than American.

None of the above are optimal but F-18 makes more sense to me because they satisfy INs requirements better. Will see Vikrant through the next 40 years before TEDBF starts operating from them.

I guess
I would like to raise a queriy on the handicap suffered by the Rafale M due to lack of a twin seater trainer varient.
How do French Navy pilots manage to fly the Rafale M off French Aircraft Carriers.
Will not their training suffer due to this lacunae.
And if French Navy pilots can confidently fly the Rafale M after undergoing training on the French Air Force dual seat Rafale trainer aircraft, why can't Indian Navy pilots do the same.

But most people would agree that United States combat aircraft are technologically advanced and are good fighters.

There is little doubt that the Super Hornet is a fine aircraft.

The main problem is the strings that come attached to sale of most US weapons.
Intrusive user verification, on site inspection, high chances of sanctions being imposed by US Congress etc.
Almost an crown of thorns.

Let the Americans supply us weapons on terms similar to the Russians and the French. Even allowing us to do our jugaad on the weapon system if needed. I believe we have modified Russian and French combat aircraft without too many problems(after getting the green light I guess).

Anyway an political decision may be taken to acquire the SH-18.Cant rule it out. But establishing maintainance infrastructure for the SH-18 will add to costs. Maintenance infrastructure for the Rafale aircraft already exists in the country.

Let's see what happens.

Karthi

Country flag
Few slides about the Development and current research on Jet Engines in India. Posting only pics no description . Pictures are self explanatory . Product pics may not be real , but that activity is going on in GTRE.

Indian jet engines technology maturity is no where near to western Standerds , no testing facilities, no money , lack of precision engineering still managed to develop Dry Kaveri . Need to immediately invest on testing facilities

IMG_20220207_220313.png
1 (3).png
1 (4).png
1 (8).png
1 (1).png
1 (7).png
1 (9).png
1 (2).png

1 (8).png

not so dravidian

Country flag
Its safe to post that what I believe , but still I won't advice to post anywhere . Close to 300 slides are with me , posting few here , will post few in my Twitter handle .
Yes sir, be careful, we already got copyright strike

Vamsi

Country flag
@Karthi bro, is there any slide about the indigenous development of SCB + TBC combo which can withstand 2000K TET ?

gutenmorgen

Country flag
Do forgive my ignorance but does this mean that we are now consistently making our own sic-sic composites? And is Ti-sic even better for high temp core? Afaik, we are indigenously making c-sic and obviously c-c composites with enough consistency to use them outside of prototypes. Sorry, i couldn't properly differentiate between achievements and challenges from the slides.

Karthi

Country flag
@Karthi @Vamsi can you tell me what to make of this slide??

View attachment 136706

This is the percentage of Various elements in each superalloys. At the last they showed something but is hiding . DMS4 Developed by dmrl 3rd generation single crystal super alloy . DMD4 also developed by dmrl , directionaly soldified superalloy . They are manufactured like balls later process into BLADES . if you don't mind please share the video , so that I can watch it .

MonaLazy

This is the percentage of Various elements in each superalloys. At the last they showed something but is hiding . DMS4 Developed by dmrl 3rd generation single crystal super alloy . DMD4 also developed by dmrl , directionaly soldified superalloy . They are manufactured like balls later process into BLADES . if you don't mind please share the video , so that I can watch it .
@not so dravidian

Dr Samir Kamat is head of DMRL so that screen grab is from day 2!
:jaw:

Please share the video somehow, if possible.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles