JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
another modified/upgraded JF17/FC-1 Block 1 jet (Block 2 standard.) with full payload
tail numeber 10-XXX

1. 1*C802AKG
2. 2*SD10A
3. 2*PL5IIE
4. 2*Drop tanks

---------------------
the early Block 2 testbed/prototype based on the SP-1 jet (tail number: 09-109)
many a times people fool others by advertising total load carrying capacity of wing pylons and passing it off as max weapon load.
the important question is what is the max take of weight?
Is it also going to increase by a ton?
Otherwise it is the same old plane with no aerodynamic or engine improvement with a strengthened pylons adding only to empty weight(some of which may be offset with composites ).

it means it is going to take off with less fuel and had to be refuelled mid air to fill up the tanks once it reaches high altitude or going to have a lower range , useless most of the time with 4.3 ton load.

shiphone

Country flag
once again...don't quote or reply my post please. I really have no attention to reply some FXXX on my ignore list as I did in LCA , FC31 threads, I do beg some FXXX put me on your list...cheers,
---------------------
BTW...some updated info about the FC-1/JF-17 on Airshow China 2014 last month.

JF-17 Pics & News Part 1 - Page 8

Reactions: Neo

blueblood

once again...don't quote or reply my post please. I really have no attention to reply some FXXX on my ignore list as I did in LCA , FC31 threads, I do beg some FXXX put me on your list...cheers,
---------------------

AVIC JF-17 vs CATIC JF-17

Somebody should get the AVIC and CATIC marketing staffs back on the same page.

I realized yesterday that I had picked up two different product cards in the exhibit halls of the Paris Air Show for the JF-17 Thunder, the low-cost, multi-role, Chinese-Pakistani collaboration.

One of the product cards came from AVIC, the JF-17 designer and manufacturer. The other card was produced by CATIC, office export/import for Chinese aerospace products. Each card shows different statistics for the same aircraft. I understand that different assumptions could drive changes in maximum take-off weight and ferry range. But surely the overall length and height of the airframe should be the same?

My guess is that CATIC is the culprit. I checked the CATIC web site, and the JF-17 page lists specifications that more closely match-up with the AVIC product card. - See more at: AVIC JF-17 vs CATIC JF-17 - The DEW Line

AVIC JF-17 vs CATIC JF-17 - The DEW Line

Current data on CATIC webiste

China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation - Fighter & Attacker

So, about you guys get heads together to decide which propaganda do you wanna propagate

blueblood

---------------------

I realized yesterday that I had picked up two different product cards in the exhibit halls of the Paris Air Show for the JF-17 Thunder, the low-cost, multi-role, Chinese-Pakistani collaboration.

One of the product cards came from AVIC, the JF-17 designer and manufacturer. The other card was produced by CATIC, office export/import for Chinese aerospace products. Each card shows different statistics for the same aircraft. I understand that different assumptions could drive changes in maximum take-off weight and ferry range. But surely the overall length and height of the airframe should be the same?

My guess is that CATIC is the culprit. I checked the CATIC web site, and the JF-17 page lists specifications that more closely match-up with the AVIC product card. - See more at: AVIC JF-17 vs CATIC JF-17 - The DEW Line

So, about you guys get heads together to decide which propaganda do you wanna propagate

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

Never mind, both the specs are still a bundle of lies. So no need to do research on who is right.They never completed any IOC or FOC with any reasonable spec authentications. No one knows what kind of avionoics it has got other than the "original manufacturer" kamra defence complex of Pakistan!!!!

just like the 5th gen stealth, J-31 employing after burners even in level flights ,with pre historic RD-93 engines, there is really no need to look deep into chines product.

We are always expected to accept their deep sh!t claims are called FXXX and added to ignore lists.

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
delegation of Sri Lanka Airforce visited the PAC ...the current status of second batch/Block II JF-17 production was introduced by the host...

Serial Numeber : 2P-01 and 2P-02..........

PT(Prototype)--6 in toal, 4 of them are for flying test
SBP(Small Batch Production)--8
SP(Serial Producton of Block I)--42
2P(Serial Production of Block II)--50 in order

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
1).for some reason ,recently CAC also assembled one of the Block II batch JF-17/FC-1...serial number 0213 --the 13th of second Batch(a typical Chinese naming Method unlike the PAC's SP/2P serial number)

----

2).another AVIC group news press said now the manufacture of fuselage section had also been outsourced to some small Aircraft repair/manufacture factory not in CAC group but still with in AVIC group.in Tianshui area.

----

3). the PAC assembled 2P serial number BLOCK II has started the ground/flight tests. the 2014 Nov news said five of them would be handover to PAF within 2014...

----

4).Egypt President visited China last Dec, he visited the AVIC group headquarter in Beijing ,the group chairman present the FC-1 model as the gift...

PS. Egypt is the traditional customer of China jets, operating the J-6, J-7 . and the biggest milestone is Importing/Assembling/Manufacture 120 sets of K-8 trainer under two contracts (first 80 jets and 40 in addition ) . the Manufacture site has been converted to the K-8 Overhaul facility as the overhaul service center in Africa for the around a total 200 jets fleet of African Air forces.

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
again. Combat Force Monthly-CMF published another article about the JF-17 project in PAF based on the interviews with JF-17 squadron leaders, pilots...

these first hand info also mentioned the topics like " Hybird FBW control " and "one ton payload increase of Block II jets"... the English publication could solve the puzzle of some members which might be more straightforward than my translation from the Chinese source although that's nothing new...I found it via the search engine and it was posted on other forums...copy the link and open in new window ,you could get the full size image...

Thunder in Pakistani Skies

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag
1).for some reason ,recently CAC also assembled one of the Block II batch JF-17/FC-1...serial number 0213 --the 13th of second Batch(a typical Chinese naming Method unlike the PAC's SP/2P serial number)

----

2).another AVIC group news press said now the manufacture of fuselage section had also been outsourced to some small Aircraft repair/manufacture factory not in CAC group but still with in AVIC group.in Tianshui area.

----

3). the PAC assembled 2P serial number BLOCK II has started the ground/flight tests. the 2014 Nov news said five of them would be handover to PAF within 2014...

----

4).Egypt President visited China last Dec, he visited the AVIC group headquarter in Beijing ,the group chairman present the FC-1 model as the gift...

PS. Egypt is the traditional customer of China jets, operating the J-6, J-7 . and the biggest milestone is Importing/Assembling/Manufacture 120 sets of K-8 trainer under two contracts (first 80 jets and 40 in addition ) . the Manufacture site has been converted to the K-8 Overhaul facility as the overhaul service center in Africa for the around a total 200 jets fleet of African Air forces.

The appearance of 13th aircraft is not an absolute indicator of completion of earlier 12. It can simply be that first 12 are empanelled to be built in Pak Aero Complex.

I will give you an example. A shipyard gets an order to make fast patrol boat. It builds them at 2 shipyard. It will give odd serial number to one and even to the products of another.

So, if 413 serial number is delivered, we can be sure 411 has been delivered, but not 412,410, 408 and so on.

==========================

2. That shows that the 'fuselage section' most probably the mid section which as fuel tanks attached is still imported from China.

=======================

3. This is Jan-2015 and not a single one has been delivered.

Ask, @Neo. I had said to him in when he broke the news here, that delivery wouldn't be before 2015.

==================

4. Good for Egyptians.

We have the patience to wait for the details.

=================

Last edited by a moderator:

shiphone

Country flag
1. the point is the CAC hasn't assembled the FC-1 for quite a long time. the new 0213 jet is for some reason. the serial number is not important. if the Two assembly line were working parallelly ,the manufacture rate would be ...err...'interesting '

2. the point is CAC used to outsource the structural component manufacture job "within CAC group" like Guiyang Aircraft factory..etc, latest news introduced a new and much smaller factory outsourced , although the new player is still a AVIC group member... the other news(see below) reported "fuel tank rack section 2-3" of the fuselage were made in CAC's component manufacture section, 18 sets has been delivered in Aug 2014...

so far,the workshare between Pakistan and China is around 50:50

November news...

(IDEAS) in Karachi on November 29, 2014. 50 Pakistan-made aircrafts have been inducted into the PAF. PHOTO: ONLINE
50 Pakistan-assembled JF-17 fighter jets inducted into PAF: PAC chief – The Express Tribune
KARACHI: The head of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) said on Tuesday that 50 home-assembled multi-role JF-17 Thunder fight jets have been introduced into its airforce.

Air Marshal Javed Ahmed, chief of the state-owned Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), said the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) had already received 50 of the home-made aircraft and that the supply of the second block is expected to start this month. The JF-17 was first introduced to the PAF in 2007.

"The five aircraft of the next block would be inducted (into PAF) this year," Air Marshal Javed Ahmed, told AFP on the sidelines of International Defence Exhibition And Seminars (Ideas) 2014 in Karachi.

Pakistan has been manufacturing the JF-17 aircraft since 2009 with the help of the Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation of China (CACC). In addition to block one, block two is now in production which has advanced avionics and mid-air refueling capabilities.

"JF-17 is a modern aircraft, it fulfills all the needs of PAF, it is affordable, the cockpit is very user friendly, all beyond visual range attack capabilities as well as stand of deliveries are available at this aircraft," Ahmed said.

The PAF intends to induct at least 200 JF-17s into its fleet to replace the ageing F-7s and Dassault Mirage-III. The PAF also has explored the possibility of acquiring the J-10s and last month enquired about the new range of stealth aircraft, J-31, that China unveiled during an airshow in Zhuhai.

The ordnance factories have recently been making attempts to develop arms to meet domestic needs, as well as seeking to tap into the export market.

"A lot of international customers from developing countries have shown interest in the aircraft and we are in active negotiations with many countries," the PAC chief said.
December news about the delivery of 2P18's components on 24th Aug...

CAC installed in the Department of Plant "Fierce Dragon" production line active in such a team - the courage to challenge them, good tough fight, took over the production of one tough task - they just plant "Fierce Dragon" 2 -3 No. tank segment team.

14 members of this team, with an average age of 38 years old, is responsible for the "Fierce Dragon" in the fuselage fuel tank assembly work 2-3 segments, has been called "the Department of loading the spine."

"2.18" and "7.14"

Mention the "Fierce Dragon" second batch of 18 deliveries, tank team members who will take pride in his face, because this is a tough battle they had just laid.

Added several new models this year, the production site a lot of pressure. With the new machines have been started, the team had to face the pressure tank drones and "Fierce Dragon" aircraft delivered simultaneously, in desperation, division and section in order to ensure on-time delivery of UAVs, intend to suspend the "Fierce Dragon "Project.

Team Leader Guisheng Li heard the news, immediately rejected the decision of the "Fierce Dragon" downtime firmly set a "military order" - to ensure that the UAV and the "Fierce Dragon" delivery of the second batch of 18. Team no objection, no one back, because we all know the meaning of the "Fierce Dragon" aircraft on time delivery.Guisheng Li developed a four crucial strategy: re-allocation of human resources, process optimization, "July 14" two-axle and transfer duty, the potential to be won. "2 * 18" heights.

During that time, everyone together to work, working is 14 hours, lasted more than a month.

In late August, the installation is complete delivery of the UAV segment, on the 24th, "Fierce Dragon" 2P18 tank rack section 2-3 to enter the link to pay check. In the morning all team members in the field with the delivery, insurance checks, extra clean-up, self-test investigation, the total seizure, clean up state ...... until 22:00, when the certificate of inspection foreman handed the hands of all those present The workers hold a ball, using laughter to celebrate their victory. Ultimately, the "Fierce Dragon" tank team with "July 14" won the "2.18."

There are also great as a soldier

"This kid is a brick, which can be put to use, which has put to use." This is the foreman of the evaluation of Li Cong Ming. Li Cong Ming into the plant in 2013, the real assembly recruits, soldier, willing to learn, but with hard work, he has now become an indispensable cornerstone of the team. In the fourth quarter tank assault team "Fierce Dragon" production tasks, because the shortage of manpower, he became the team's "snake oil", where he went to make up the lack of people, where there is a temporary failure to send him in the past, this one into the plant years as a soldier with a big job.

"Cong Ming, immediately came to the high cross-section deliveries with five." Back to work until 22:00 singleton hostels 10:30 he received a phone foreman, 10:50 to appear in the delivery site. Scene 5 cross section is being carried out inspection work, the total seizure, troubleshooting ...... 11:30 started by military representatives of the Ministry of seizure. Everyone is nervous because this is the last check before delivery.

"Find a place on the 2nd Tank, Troubleshooting immediately." The military representatives said, pointing to the tank.

More than a dozen pairs of eyes suddenly focused to Li Cong Ming body. He picked up the toolbox walked type shelves starting disassembly cap, product protection, troubleshooting, and then clean up the extra material expertly restored installation. Military representatives have been observed next to Lee after carefully checking out the thumbs up from the scene of the workers are applauding.

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag
1. the point is the CAC hasn't assembled the FC-1 for quite a long time. the new 0213 jet is for some reason. the serial number is not important.

2. the point is CAC used to outsource the structural component manufacture job "within CAC group" like Guiyang Aircraft factory..etc, latest news introduced a new and much smaller factory outsourced , although the new player is still a AVIC group member... the other news(see below) reported "fuel tank rack section 2-3" of the fuselage were made in CAC's component manufacture section, 18 sets has been delivered in Aug 2014...

so far,the workshare between Pakistan and China is around 50:50

November news...

December news about the delivery of 2P18's components on 24th Aug...
1. Ok, why should we speculate why has AVIC or CAC has assembled FC-1? Whatever it is whether export, whether induction into PLAAF or just testing new equipment will be eventually known.

2. The point is that it is still 50-50 JP and Pakistan is not making everything from raw materials (engines and few other parts are completely imported) as many claimed. Even the fuselage is not completely made. Initially it was 58% made in Pakistan. Probably the same percentage is still being maintained.

3. Where is the news that JF-17 block 2 has been handed over to PAF in Dec-2014? Who said what is immaterial and inventory of parts can be delivered from China well in advance. That has no concluding evidence on delivery of final aircraft.

Last edited:

Neo

@shiphone, according to my source CAC is manufacturing 6 JF-17's for PAF to speed up the third and fourth squadron. Can you confirm this?

@ladder, the flight testing is done by PAF. The five JF-17's built last year have been handed over. Three more are at final stage at the assembly line.

shiphone

Country flag
1. LOL...CAC is firmly on the way outsourcing more and more component manufacture job to other factories from its own manufacture sections...CAC is still expanding quickly with two new manufacture sites ready in the past 3 years, and the third on the way. and the closed J-7 assembly line was rebuilt as well after 2012. that means a lot...

2. that's a born co-development and co-operation project sharing the risk , cost , working and profit..it seems some fuss here...

3. oh, it seems some kind of handing-over ceremony (without the real jet)should be held like some other project did. ...LOL
-----
the 4th JF-17 squadron on the way...

--------------------------
@shiphone, according to my source CAC is manufacturing 6 JF-17's for PAF to speed up the third and fourth squadron. Can you confirm this?
no idea ,but possible... 18 sets of components were delivered ,12 for PAC ,6 for CAC...0213 jet might be the first one at CAC if your source is true...

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag

@ladder, the flight testing is done by PAF. The five JF-17's built last year have been handed over. Three more are at final stage at the assembly line.
Proof?

=====================

ladder

Country flag
I didn't ask for any proof after seeing the completed block 2 parked in front of my nose when I visited the facility.
I wasn't with you when you visited.

Also you saw that in PAC and not with PAF. Show me proof of hand over ceremony if any.

ladder

Country flag
1. LOL...CAC is firmly on the way outsourcing more and more component manufacture job to other factories from its own manufacture sections...CAC is still expanding quickly with two new manufacture sites ready in the past 3 years, and the third on the way. and the closed J-7 assembly line was rebuilt as well after 2012. that means a lot...

2. that's a born co-development and co-operation project sharing the risk , cost , working and profit..it seems some fuss here...

3. oh, it seems some kind of handing-over ceremony (without the real jet)should be held like some other project did. ...LOL
-----
the 4th JF-17 squadron on the way...

--------------------------

no idea ,but possible... 18 sets of components were delivered ,12 for PAC ,6 for CAC...0213 jet might be the first one at CAC if your source is true...
So, 0218 proves that CAC, AVIC is expanding? Wow!

What does assembly of FC-1 in China means? Who cares?
What to get excited about? SBP's were built in China too. So they are doing it again what's the big deal?

=================================================

Co-development is different from shared production. Where China can build without participation of Pakistan but the otherwise is not true.

=================================================

Still better than to fly around without IOC or FOC. Isn't it.

A unique case where the air-force is both developer, builder and operator. Convenient.

What does the image prove? $ 4 million can be just the inventory procurement money, what does it prove?

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
god, you need know the diversity of this big world, rigescence or ignorance is the problem... IOC and FOC is your concept ,even your so called IOC and FOC is the definition under the Indian standard only ...

LOL...in China , the key milestone for a Airplane project is the Design qualification approval. FC-1 Xiaolong export project has passed the Aviation industry department's assessment(BTW, for PLA military project ,there would be a National assessment) on 18th-20th Dec 2009...the assessment team consists of three top aircraft designers ,also the members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences/Engineering: 李明、陈一坚和宋文骢. when this assessment is approved , FC-1 project has fulfilled the Technique/Tactics Requirement by the Customer(PAF in this case)....

at this stage , the flight envelope is fully opened and performance limit was tested ...the only absence is the weapon using part(BVR and PGM weapon) ,which was also be approved by a Supplementary qualification approval(Weapon II) on 21th Dec 2012

环球网记者消息:12月18日至20日,"æž­é¾™"FC-1飞机通过了由李明院士、陈一坚院士和宋文骢院士领衔的审查组的严格设计鉴定审查(相当于设计定型审查),标志着"æž­é¾™"FC-1飞机研制工作取得了重大里程碑成果。这一目标的实现,使"æž­é¾™"é£žæœºåœ¨ä¸€ä¸ªæ›´åŠ ä¼˜ç§€ã€å®Œæ•´ã€ç¨³å®šçš„平台上发展,为其进一步开拓国内国外市场开辟了更加广阔的空间。

设计鉴定审查会成立了由中国工程院院士李明任组长,陈一坚院士、宋文骢院士担任副组长的审查组,审查组对"æž­é¾™"é£žæœºçš„各方面研制工作进行了全面的审查和评议,认为:"æž­é¾™"FC-1飞机达到了用户提出的战术技术指标要求,一致同意"æž­é¾™"é£žæœºé€šè¿‡è®¾è®¡é‰´å®šå®¡æŸ¥ã€‚此次设计鉴定审查实际上是对"æž­é¾™"é£žæœºå‰æœŸè®¾è®¡ã€è¯•åˆ¶ã€è¯•éªŒã€è¯•é£žã€ç®¡ç†ç­‰å·¥ä½œçš„一次全面的梳理与总结,使之在新的平台基础上能够获得更加全面、更加优良的发展。

"æž­é¾™"é£žæœºæ˜¯ç”±ä¸­å›½å’Œå·´åŸºæ–¯å¦å…±åŒæŠ•èµ„,中国航空工业集团公司组织所属中国航空技术进出口总公司、成都飞机设计研究所和成都飞机工业(集团)有限责任公司,按照"共同投资、共同开发、共担风险、共享利益"çš„原则研制的先进多用途轻型战斗机,中航工业内外近百个单位参加了研制工作。该机是中国航空工业实现由技术引进向整机技术输出这一巨大跨越的典型标志,也被国家列为建设创新型国家的先进典型。

"æž­é¾™"é£žæœºé¢†å¯¼å°ç»„组长李玉海表示:作为中航工业的杰出科研成果,作为一项面向世界的产品,已完成设计鉴定的"æž­é¾™"é£žæœºï¼Œä¸ä»…大大增强了中国航空工业的国际竞争力,更进一步提升了我国军机的整体研发能力及在国际军机市场的影响力和美誉度,对于中航工业实施"两融、三新、五化、万亿"çš„发展战略具有非常重要的现实意义。

"æž­é¾™"é£žæœºæ€»è®¾è®¡å¸ˆæ¨ä¼Ÿè¡¨ç¤ºï¼Œ 2003å¹´"æž­é¾™"é£žæœºé¦–飞成功,实现了从概念、图纸到实际产品的转变;而如今完成设计鉴定后的"æž­é¾™"é£žæœºï¼Œåˆ™å®žçŽ°äº†ä»Žäº§å“åˆ°å•†å“çš„跨越,是一次本质上的升华。

"æž­é¾™"é¡¹ç›®çš„研制成功,实现了从研制体系、管理模式到系列重大关键核心技术的三大创新与突破。从研制之初,"æž­é¾™"é¡¹ç›®å°±ä¸€ç›´åœ¨é«˜æ€§èƒ½ã€ä½Žç ”制费、低装备费上寻找平衡点;在研发过程中,牢固树立"为客户创造价值"çš„理念,不断满足和牵引客户的需求,为客户持续创造价值。李玉海指出,"æž­é¾™"é¡¹ç›®åœ¨å›½å†…首次探索出了一条以市场和用户为牵引,参研各方自筹资金,风险投入,开发适应市场需要和客户需求的军贸产品的研发新路,创立了军工行业采用市场经济模式运作的新典范。"æž­é¾™"é¡¹ç›®ä¸ä»…取得了很多成熟的技术成果,在项目管理方法上开展了一系列创新,同时也培养了一支优秀的科技人才团队,这是一笔非常宝贵的财富,值得不断地加以总结、提炼、借鉴和推广。
本报讯 12月21日,"æž­é¾™"é£žæœºï¼ˆæ­¦å™¨â…¡ï¼‰è¡¥å……设计鉴定审查会在成都召开。经过讨论和质询,评审组一致认为:"æž­é¾™"é£žæœºå·²ç»é€šè¿‡äº†2009年的飞机设计鉴定和2010年针对发动机空中起动以及武器Ⅰ精度靶试的补充鉴定,目前已达到了针对武器Ⅱ研制的补充鉴定条件,同意通过补充鉴定审查。

"æž­é¾™"é£žæœºï¼ˆæ­¦å™¨â…¡ï¼‰ç ”制顺利通过补充鉴定审查,使其真正具有空空、空面作战能力,提升了我国航空技术的优势,增强了出口信心,为巩固和拓展国产军机和制导武器的外贸市场奠定了坚实基础,积累了有益的技术和管理经验。 (梁险峰 彭文晶)

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag
god, you need know the diversity of this big world, rigescence or ignorance is the problem... IOC and FOC is your concept ,even your so called IOC and FOC is the definition under the Indian standard only ...

LOL...in China , the key milestone for a Airplane project is the Design qualification approval. FC-1 Xiaolong export project has passed the Aviation industry department's assessment(BTW, for PLA military project ,there would be a National assessment) on 18th-20th Dec 2009...the assessment team consists of three top aircraft designers ,also the members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences/Engineering: 李明、陈一坚和宋文骢. when this assessment is approved , FC-1 project has fulfilled the Technique/Tactics Requirement by the Customer(PAF in this case).
Idiot, the equivalent here is CEMILAC. Nothing to do with IOC/FOC.

WoW! clearance from a country that doesn't fly it. But, no evidence from the country that flies it. Unique. :toilet:

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles