JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
The chinese HQ9 groud to air missile on proposal in Turkey was a copy and paste of S300....
and once again, nothing war tested.
One thing i noted in Chinese system is they make them thick and bulky af , based on Russian designs .

Indian designs have evolved to more European type now

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
Going by previous incidents, I would assume chinese missiles to be of generally low quality. Remeber the time pakis use wing loong 2 to hit TTP cheif, missile landed in wrong hut and proceeded to not explode?
Such mishaps have not happened with only Chinese Weopons but also with Western ones at Times.

Let me recall an incident. On February 25, 1991, during the Gulf War, an American Patriot Missile battery in Dharan, Saudi Arabia, failed to track and intercept an incoming Iraqi Scud missile. The Scud Missile than struck an American Army barracks, killing 28 soldiers and injuring around 100 other people.

It doesn't matter. Yes it is true that Chinese Missiles are not as Advanced as Western ones but that doesn't mean that you will Underestimate their Capabilities.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Unfortunately, Turkey did a political Blunder by Acquiring the S-400. Turkey had the option of buying F-35 but after S-400. I don't think so that US will give any country which Operates S-400.

The problem is that the US isn’t going to give the F-35 to a country that buys large amounts of Russian military equipment. I mean, they wouldn’t even allow for Turkey, a NATO ally, to get the F-35 because of the whole S-400 or F-35 issue and Turkey was even helping in funding and getting/making parts for the F-35 project.

Turkey had no other option left and hence they decided to go for S-400 and signed a contract with Russia for the S-400 air defence system in April 2017. Unfortunately now ,I don't think so that Turkey can use these S-400. I had heard news that Turkey's S-400 are just lying Idle.

Now after S-400 , Turkey has decided that it will develop an Indigenous Air Defense System for itself.
Bro see they had option of western system after canceling the tender and I am damn sure usa would have given them something extra for them to cancel the tender but still they went with s-400
This is the point I am not able to understand bcoz they aren't fools
S-400 is working and is also serving I don't believe in those articles until some representative speaks
Bcoz they spent a lot so they should have known the consequences and how to use it

Super Flanker

Banned
One thing i noted in Chinese system is they make them thick and bulky af , based on Russian designs .

Indian designs have evolved to more European type now
Soviet/Russian air defence systems are always like that design wise. They are actually bulky in the sense that they always tend to have that "Tube" shape launchers in them. Look at S-300, Look at S-400, also do have a look at the newest S-500, they always tend to have those tube shaped launchers.

And now coming to western Designs than if you look at them ,than they don't seem to have those tube shaped launchers for their Missiles, rather they always tend to have those boxy type launchers
{In example look at the patriot}
patriot-missile.jpg

This for me personally is the most noticeable difference between western and eastern Air defense system designs.

And Indian Air defense systems are going with more western Designs like we can see.
Bro see they had option of western system after canceling the tender and I am damn sure usa would have given them something extra for them to cancel the tender but still they went with s-400
S-400 is working and is also serving I don't believe in those articles until some representative speaks
Bcoz they spent a lot so they should have known the consequences and how to use it
I agree with you bro.

johnj

Meteor is the whole european missile industry state of the art missile. It was heavily tested by at least 4 country.
Its seeker for exemple is of the same family than MICA RF or ASTER. ASTER was used to destroy supersonic missile under heavy electronic counter measures.
The chinese HQ9 groud to air missile on proposal in Turkey was a copy and paste of S300....
and once again, nothing war tested.
''The chinese HQ9 groud to air missile on proposal in Turkey was a copy and paste of S300....
and once again, nothing war tested. '' same like meteor. f21.

johnj

1.turkey coup
2.refusal of tot[usa]
3.s 400 is better than other three [plus support for tech transfer]?

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
1.turkey coup
2.refusal of tot[usa]
3.s 400 is better than other three [plus support for tech transfer]?
That's what I am asking as far as I know there is no tech cooperation with turkey regarding S-400 then why did they choose it
If they would have chosen some other western platform might be bit less in capability than S-400 but they wouldn't have been in this situation where both in economy and military relations are not that good with west

johnj

That's what I am asking as far as I know there is no tech cooperation with turkey regarding S-400 then why did they choose it
If they would have chosen some other western platform might be bit less in capability than S-400 but they wouldn't have been in this situation where both in economy and military relations are not that good with west
Tech cooperation of turkey & russia - who knows ? According to turkey, russia providing tech. Russia provided tech for south korea, for their sam - may be similar. Also turkey supplying weapons to ukraine. May be turkey don't know what they are doing and trying to find some good relations for their leader.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
What do you want him to elaborate? I mean he is not a perfect English Guy so maybe you didn't understand what he said Somewhere here and there?
He said ASTER was used to destroy supersonic missile under heavy electronic counter measures. I want to know in which combat operation was ASTER was used to destroy supersonic missile under heavy electronic counter measures.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
And just because something is not war-tested, it doesn't mean that it is bad.
Indeed, but if I have to go to war, I will take in this order :
1) A weapon war proven,
2) A weapon tested by several customers in differents field tests,
3) A weapon tested only by a single country, not know to be a world wide technical leader

Super Flanker

Banned
Indeed, but if I have to go to war, I will take in this order :
1) A weapon war proven,
2) A weapon tested by several customers in differents field tests,
3) A weapon tested only by a single country, not know to be a world wide technical leader
Okay.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
He said ASTER was used to destroy supersonic missile under heavy electronic counter measures. I want to know in which combat operation was ASTER was used to destroy supersonic missile under heavy electronic counter measures.
Not in combat, but in several field tests, againt supersonic targets, and with electronic counter measures used.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Bro as far as I remember in this particular competition there were patriot s300(upgraded one) and hq-9
Were hq-9 was the winner but due NATO interference they canceled the entire tender and later they were deciding which European or American counterpart should be brought but atlast Russia offered s-400 which was better than the tender specifications and they brought it (bit dramatic)
Fact here is they preferred Russian more than American ones
The chinese offer was the less costly and with the higher ToT.

Super Flanker

Banned
~{New tweet with regards to JF 17 Thunder by Umair Aslam}~
JF-17A assigned to No. 2 Sqn of Pakistan Air Force. No. 2 Sqn is part of 39 Wing and Southern Air Command.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles