JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

Aliusman

Country flag
For All the Dudes that debated that JF-17 could not do Aerial refueling. Some fine day I hope I can show a picture of JF-17 firing a PL-15 :). If some of you still can't believe that JF-17 can do aerial refueling then all I have for you is sympathy :D

FB_IMG_1668688190898.jpg

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
For All the Dudes that debated that JF-17 could not do Aerial refueling. Some fine day I hope I can show a picture of JF-17 firing a PL-15 :). If some of you still can't believe that JF-17 can do aerial refueling then all I have for you is sympathy :D

View attachment 182579
A2A refuelling in 2022 might be a big achievement for your povertystan airforce, not for us.

Concard

Country flag

View attachment 182579
Firing PL-15 from JF-17 should not be a big deal as PAF has selected Chinese air cooled AESA radar for block 3 version. However, the effectiveness of the air cooled radar can be debated. Having said that it is still JF-17. The airframe remains the same and also the engine remains more or less the same. I reckon block 3 will be the last version of this aircraft. After 2040, PAF will fully switch to J-10C provided they have the financial ability and their present experience with the aircraft. Those F-16's age is up. 2040 is pretty much the final year they will be operational as most F-16's in PAF have crossed 25 years and some even 30 years of service.

rone

Country flag
Peedeeff over hyping block 3, before the first prototype pictures came they posted some sort of 5 th gen model as block 3 then the real one came they said it have full composite body then they figure out composite parts in junk fighter's total body not even come close mk1 wings composite level they started saying it's refined version with to enhance commonality with block 1 and 2, then comes wides area mfd, irst, all these hypes became drawing a line in water, now they coping with pl15 saying pl15 export version is only 145 km and real pl15 is 300 km and paf getting pl15 which Chinese uses(300km one) 🤣 ( how in earth a two similar missiles with same dimension and rocket motor have different range) mostly the export version have different electronic components and terminal radar tracking range, anyway
Peedeeff jf17 thread is much better comedy than SNL old episodes,

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Peedeeff over hyping block 3, before the first prototype pictures came they posted some sort of 5 th gen model as block 3 then the real one came they said it have full composite body then they figure out composite parts in junk fighter's total body not even come close mk1 wings composite level they started saying it's refined version with to enhance commonality with block 1 and 2, then comes wides area mfd, irst, all these hypes became drawing a line in water, now they coping with pl15 saying pl15 export version is only 145 km and real pl15 is 300 km and paf getting pl15 which Chinese uses(300km one) 🤣 ( how in earth a two similar missiles with same dimension and rocket motor have different range) mostly the export version have different electronic components and terminal radar tracking range, anyway
Peedeeff jf17 thread is much better comedy than SNL old episodes,
JF17 is poor man's F16...

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
A2A refuelling in 2022 might be a big achievement for your povertystan airforce, not for us.
On 27 th of Feb, They sent JF 17 along with F 16 to attack India but JF 17 could not lock on to Indian plane and fire a single missile. The only hope for Pakistan airforce is 4 decade old F 16. JF 17 is only good for bombing innocent Pakistani citizens which is always on high priority of PAF. Pukjabi army of Pakistan bombs Balochs, Pashtuns etc. Sindhis are taken care in military operation encounter etc in Karachi. JF 17 is very effective in killing Balochs and Pashtuns.

Concard

Country flag
J10 is poor man's F-16, JF-17 is poor kid's garage-modified Mig-21 who then tries to pitch it with Ferraris and Bentleys.
What do you think of J10C? Any literature you have written here like the ones you have written about air battles? Can you give a brief summary about J10C here why you think it is not upto F-16 standard?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
What do you think of J10C? Any literature you have written here like the ones you have written about air battles? Can you give a brief summary about J10C here why you think it is not upto F-16 standard?
I haven't done it yet, but this is a good idea. I will try to look it up and compare it with other 4th-gen medium-weight fighters.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
how in earth a two similar missiles with same dimension and rocket motor have different range
By using a less rich powder booster, or with less powder in the booster.
But the difference in range (145km vs 300km) is indeed a BS news.
In the west it is common to see an export weapon or weapon system but 10 to 20% less capacity. Never a cut of 50%. But China is not the west....

Abdus Salem killed

In the west it is common to see an export weapon or weapon system but 10 to 20% less capacity. Never a cut of 50%. But China is not the west....
I beleive it's 5 percent at most

Abdus Salem killed

Us does it at 15 percent max in the case of
aim-120 D

Hamad AlThani

TACTICAL DATALINK/SDR of JF-17 block-III

Dual Rack BVR and KG-700 EW on new 8th Hardpoint under DSI intake

Dual Rack BVR and REK-82

NEW HMD being used on JF-17 Block-III

PL-10 E

Last edited:

Hari Sud

Country flag
Any doubt left in the quality of Chinese made weapons in Pakistani hands….. well here is a report detailing the failings of Chinese weapons in Pakistani hands. Similar reports are available from Bangladesh, Africa and Beoal etc.

rone

Country flag
Dual Rack BVR and KG-700 EW on new 8th Hardpoint under DSI intake

nobody use that load out in practical scenario, because if they use this load out the fighter will be slow as whale and cant maneuver also will have high RCS, once they got locked by awcs they will be engaged with long range aam like meteor then they have to either dump their load out and maneuver or take the missile to face, if you have any doubt try same kind of load out in dcs and try in jf17 and su30mki mod even with atsra mk1 its easy job in dcs, all this thing good for PR just like their claim of mig21 was shoot down by jf17 not f16,

ps; most optimum load out for jf 17 in dcs is 2xpl12, 2xpl10e and 3x fuel tank which will help them to loiter and go hot and clod for very long time against mig29 with single drop tank and multiple r77 and r73

J20!

Country flag
Any doubt left in the quality of Chinese made weapons in Pakistani hands….. well here is a report detailing the failings of Chinese weapons in Pakistani hands. Similar reports are available from Bangladesh, Africa and Beoal etc.

"Hindustannewshub"?...

From your article:

"Experts say that the Chinese weapons received by Pakistan can be of poor quality. This is the reason why Pakistan’s outdated F-16 and other weapons of western countries are still most effective against India. Recently, there was news that 4 Zulfiqar frigates made in China of Pakistan Navy were equipped with useless electronics. Not only this, his engine was also seriously lacking and the weapons were also not working properly. This was the reason that Pakistan Navy was forced to run them even after poor quality."

"Experts say weapons CAN be of poor quality?"? There have been reports". No sources, no references...

There is 0 objectivity or credibility here. Reads like a post by a fanboy.

J20!

Country flag
nobody use that load out in practical scenario, because if they use this load out the fighter will be slow as whale and cant maneuver also will have high RCS, once they got locked by awcs they will be engaged with long range aam like meteor then they have to either dump their load out and maneuver or take the missile to face, if you have any doubt try same kind of load out in dcs and try in jf17 and su30mki mod even with atsra mk1 its easy job in dcs, all this thing good for PR just like their claim of mig21 was shoot down by jf17 not f16,

ps; most optimum load out for jf 17 in dcs is 2xpl12, 2xpl10e and 3x fuel tank which will help them to loiter and go hot and clod for very long time against mig29 with single drop tank and multiple r77 and r73
DCS is a game mate. It has no real bearing on actual warfighting.

Secondly, the addition of 350kgs for the missiles and probably another 150kgs for the dual rack in extra weight is hardly going to make the jet "maneuver like a whale".

If the load out was 8 bvr missiles + 2 wvr arms I'd agree with you. But this load out is hardly ground breaking.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
DCS is a game mate. It has no real bearing on actual warfighting.

Secondly, the addition of 350kgs for the missiles and probably another 150kgs for the dual rack in extra weight is hardly going to make the jet "maneuver like a whale".

If the load out was 8 bvr missiles + 2 wvr arms I'd agree with you. But this load out is hardly ground breaking.
Atleast retain the credit of manufacturing of JF-17
Otherwise porkies are taking credit of assembling it as manufacturing

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles