Jallikattu Ban: Elites vs Local Tradition

here2where

Genuine protestors must leave marina now, since their objective has been achieved.
Was watching a TV 'debate' between jk-supporters and peta-types.
Peta-type to tamilian - "if you want to show your bravery, go join army."
Ideally, peta-type should have left venue minus teeth.

Krusty

Country flag
@Razor can you confirm this? conflicting reports coming in. Who being evicted? Everyone?

Krusty

Country flag
Hadn't I forewarned (post #502) about this yesterday?

State government is going to bring in a legislation to turn the Ordinance into law. This is all the general public is concerned about now.
Yes, that's why I tagged you. but this is only in Marina. As far as I know, alanganallur is still protesting. Let's see what their next move will be. I bet DMK will pay a few villagers, organize few bull races an claim victory. TN BJP didn't get involved at all. OPS lost what little self respect he had. As I said, out of this confusion DMK will emerge stronger than ever and BJP will fade away from TN. They have let a once in a decade chance slip through their fingers.

DingDong

Country flag
Yes, that's why I tagged you. but this is only in Marina. As far as I know, alanganallur is still protesting. Let's see what their next move will be. I bet DMK will pay a few villagers, organize few bull races an claim victory. TN BJP didn't get involved at all. OPS lost what little self respect he had. As I said, out of this confusion DMK will emerge stronger than ever and BJP will fade away from TN. They have let a once in a decade chance slip through their fingers.
Protestors were planning to celebrate 26th January as "Black Day", the only place which will look black and blue is their butt after Police Lathi-charge.

On the fringes of jallikattu protests, Tamil nationalism attempts to emerge

From banners of LTTE leader Prabhakaran to slogans demanding a separate Tamil nation, the protests have taken a different turn since Saturday.

Modhalla Maadu, Apparum Thani Tamil Nadu.”“First the bull and then a separate Tamil Nadu.”
=====================
There was lot of truth in what @here2where was saying

EDIT:
Please watch this video on facebook and read the comments, seems like people are voluntarily abandoning the protests which have taken a nasty turn.

Last edited:

alphacentury

Country flag

Informative thread....
Having read that, how is jallikattu a tamil issue? I mean similar hindu festivals have been banned across many states and the encroachment is just increasing. Bull cart race in Maha, Kambala in Kannada, Dipavali, dahi handi, after few days we cant even cremate our dead. The sentiments of secession have died down, but political powers backing them is dangerous precedent , just like AAP is doing in Punjab.

Another thing is demography, I am hearing in AP & TN, though the official numbers are very less, but in reality Christians are in double digits in terms of percentage. And all of these converts use hindu names. The church has money to organise people for any cause. Be it that udaykumar guy protesting against kundankulam plant or this lady.

Any and every disruptive movement in India, from ngos,kejriwal to maoists, you can find church's hand behind it. We have too many enemies, and very few of us are aware of it, let alone devising any plans against it. We are possibly the last major non abrahamic faith. All else are in museums. We will too,if we dont mend our ways.

alphacentury

Country flag
EDIT:
Please watch this video on facebook and read the comments, seems like people are voluntarily abandoning the protests which have taken a nasty turn.
http://www.news18.com/news/india/hi...ir-after-insult-to-national-flag-1339222.html

Chennai: A Tamil musician associated with the raging pro-Jallikattu protests today announced backing out of the agitation citing the presence of "anti-national" elements, but vowed to back the bull-taming sport.

Known as 'Hip-Hop Tamizha', Adhi, who has composed a Tamil track in support of Jallikattu, claimed that the movement was "losing steam and veering off its desired path".

He claimed that during the protests at Coimbatore, he had come across an incident involving an "insult" to the national flag even as some tried to give a communal colour to it.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi was the target of "abusive" language by a section of the protesters, Adhi, a prominent name among the pro-Jallikattu protesters, alleged.

"I will not aid such anti-India activities," the composer of the Takaru Takaru song said in a video message, adding that some protesters even raised separate Tamil Nadu slogans. Adhi said he was "hurt" by such incidents and insisted that a good initiative was "losing direction".

"The problems of Tamils should be addressed, but at the cost of what?" he asked and added that giving a completely different colour to the protest was "not acceptable" to him. "I do not know what happened but I am backing off," he said.

Adhi said he himself was the owner of a bull and had been affected by the ban on Jallikattu, adding that he continued to support the bull-taming sport.

His comments come at a time when some on the social media have started questioning the rationale behind the protesters' insistence on continuing with their agitation (in its sixth day on Sunday) despite Tamil Nadu Chief Minister O Panneerselvam's assurance that his government's ordinance for conducting the sport will pave the way for a permanent solution.

Former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju has also said that the apprehensions of sections of protesters seeking a "permanent solution" were unfounded as the ordinance will be replaced by an Act of the Tamil Nadu legislature which will be "permanent".
I came to know of this guy with vadi pula vadi, that song/video was viral. I watched it with subs ofc.

charlie

Country flag
Brother, we are with people of Tamil Nadu completely. MSM will resort to dirty tricks and try to divide and incite us against each other, but no worries, everyone I know here in Delhi who is aware of this whole issue is in complete support of lifting the ban.
On a different note I must admit I worry , you see, a few months before Pakistani Senate passed a resolution
in which they said that faultlines in India must be targeted. Every time i watch a paki channel, first they mention Kashmir, then Khalistan and then Tamils and even more dangerous are the commies and leftists stooges og western NGOS who shiver at the idea of a strong and united India. Even though I don't think their plan will work, still we must be very careful.
By the way PETA must be immediately banned. We can't feed properly our whole population and they want to preach us on animal cruelty. Their arrogance is so huge that they think they can decide our priorities for us.
Well you don't need to worry about Tamil, Tamils are as much Indian as any gujarati, maharashtrian and bihari.

If you give some money to 20 people they will say anything you want as @DingDong posted a video which clarify the anti indian movement over there.

Krusty

Country flag
Modhalla Maadu, Apparum Thani Tamil Nadu.”“First the bull and then a separate Tamil Nadu.”
Who said this? Any idea? Investigation should be conducted and the person should be thrown into prison.

Please watch this video on facebook and read the comments, seems like people are voluntarily abandoning the protests which have taken a nasty turn
Do you understand Tamil? Wow.. indeed this fellow had been at the forefront of jallikattu protests for years. This will be the tipping point. This is exactly what I have been saying. They can will will highjack. I just got off a call with my bro. They stopped going daybefore yesterday itself. These anti national morons are a bane. They won't do anything and they will disrupt others attempts too. Absolutely shameful. I am disappointed. One thing is for sure, everyone can rest assured. No one like a seperate TN except some Fringe elements who won't even number in the hundreds. This highjacking was predicted by me..

Last edited:

DingDong

Country flag
Who said this? Any idea? Investigation should be conducted and the person should be thrown into prison.

Do you understand Tamil? Wow.. indeed this fellow had been at the forefront of jallikattu protests for years. This will be the tipping point. This is exactly what I have been saying. They can will will highjack. I just got off a call with my bro. They stopped going daybefore yesterday itself. These anti national morons are a bane. They won't do anything and they will disrupt others attempts too. Absolutely shameful. I am disappointed.
This is a great lesson for the anti-social and anti-national elements, and also for the doubting toms at either side of the border.

The protests fizzled out as soon as these fringe groups tried to hijack the events. The general Tamil public has firmly stood by the side of the nation. Experiment failed.

Marina Beach has been cleared of the protesters. At other protest values the police is simply going to tire the protesters down. It will be interesting to see for how long will they manage to continue without water and food.

@here2where @alphacentury Whatever strategy these protesters had cooked up has gone down the drain. They were chased away by the lathi wielding police, how valiant :pound:. They made jokers out of themselves.

charlie

Country flag

Do you understand Tamil? Wow.. indeed this fellow had been at the forefront of jallikattu protests for years. This will be the tipping point. This is exactly what I have been saying. They can will will highjack. I just got off a call with my bro. They stopped going daybefore yesterday itself. These anti national morons are a bane. They won't do anything and they will disrupt others attempts too. Absolutely shameful. I am disappointed. One thing is for sure, everyone can rest assured. No one like a seperate TN except some Fringe elements who won't even number in the hundreds. This highjacking was predicted by me..
so he posted that video without understand what's being said ?

raja696

Protestors were planning to celebrate 26th January as "Black Day", the only place which will look black and blue is their butt after Police Lathi-charge.

On the fringes of jallikattu protests, Tamil nationalism attempts to emerge

From banners of LTTE leader Prabhakaran to slogans demanding a separate Tamil nation, the protests have taken a different turn since Saturday.

=====================
There was lot of truth in what @here2where was saying

EDIT:

Kicking the protesters don't work effective. This modus operandi of hijacking protest has to exposed.

I wish few wire tapping between these anti national en ngo elements organizing pseudo protests should be recorded and sent to tv news channels. Then hit there a$$ red en blue.

Genuine protestors should resort to Internet for now.

I realised this hijacking from time to time change in tune of news articles especially congi media.

Krusty

Country flag
Kicking the protesters don't work effective. This modus operandi of hijacking protest has to exposed.
Seconded. these morons will do the same highjack again and again till they are squashed.

Krusty

Country flag
My bro was at marina and besant nagar beaches for the whole of last week. He said and I quote 'first I noticed some local political party people come in and join for a couple of days. Next few days they chanted with the general public. Next day their brought out their own mike sets and started chanting in support of a local party. It was the thirumavalavan gang (pro LTTE). There were pockets of protests from other parties too. Then my friends and I stopped going. There was no use anymore. They have diverted the issue from Jallikattu'.

Krusty

Country flag
Guys, this is just coming in. From near marina beach. Apparently there is a big fire. Muslim dominated area. Police started using force. 144 likely to be announced.

Last edited:

Krusty

Country flag
IMG_3053.PNG
IMG_3056.PNG

This area has been a hotbed of Hindu Muslim clashes two decades ago. Now is muslim dominated area. I suspect Islamic groups behind this. I have zero doubt. If at all it's intentional.

DingDong

Country flag
View attachment 13343 View attachment 13344

This area has been a hotbed of Hindu Muslim violence two decades ago. Now us muslim majority.
So much drama to:
  1. Secularize Jallikattu
  2. Convert a fight for Civil rights into Tamil vs Union

Finally, Tamilnadu received it's dose of Secularism. So many snakes were hiding from the watchful eyes of our law enforcement agencies. How could so many people get organized and work for particular motive? What was the rallying point? Who was coordinating?

This will not stop here unless the real instigators are identified and taken care of.

This may be a trial/experiment just like recent train derailments, real event is yet to unfold.

captscooby81

Country flag
These jihadist bastards nicely achieved what they wanted they created the chaos which they wanted to turn the heat against india and especially PM modi . I dont think these statements would have made if congress was in power .. Just pure vested interested .. sad to see so many students getting bitter taste of police charge without realizing how their protest was hijacked by the fringe and the politicians especially the Willy DMK Showed its masterclass again ..

Some people feel i have hidden agenda and anti-tamil and pro-peta.
They dont know i say what i say after seeing these kind of images.
" Ban INDIA" ??? "Go back INDIA" ??? HUH???? Where do these morons crawl out of?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles