J20 Stealth Fighter

p2prada

@J20!

The PL-10 looks nowhere close to the missile on the aircraft.

This is PL-10, with delta wings.

The missile maybe a dummy of the RVV-AE. But it is a RVV-AE.

Last edited by a moderator:

shiphone

Country flag
@J20!

nope...this is PL11(used to be mistaken for PL10 on chinese military forum 10 years ago ). a semi-active BVR missile based on imported Italian ASPIDER .this is the product of some R&D team from Shanghai, the program began in late 1980s,and past the National Test in early 2000s...but this model has been replaced by the Active PL12(from another team) although both models entered the service at almost same time in the early 2000s. some fighter like J8H and J8BH could only fire the semi-active BVR missile, that's why PL11 is still under limited production now.
----------------------------------------

in this official map (revealed years ago, click to enlarge) from another AAM R&D team(this team is the main force of AAM development) ,we could see most members of China PL family. it seems that the final version of PL10 WVR missile has some changes in the end... PL10 passed the National Test in the end of 2011. the production of first SP batch has begun...

-----------
this is a CG to give us a general impression o...it is just close to the real thing.

-----------
this screen shot in last Nov is the first show of PL10 in public...this news is about the departed Project manager of both J15 and AMF(Project 310 ,J21).

shiphone

Country flag
it's a CG work...this concept and aerodynamic layout came from the South Africa A-Darter...
but it's just a imagination without reliable information years back..nothing more.

------------------------------
BTW , the BVR missile---PL15 for J20(fit for the internal weapon bay) has been developed for years.

PL15 (former designation: PL12C) was tested on a J11B platform years ago...

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
funny thing is that this is not even a missile but a pod similar to American TACTS (Tactical Aircrew Combat Training System or so called ACMI(Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation)

----------------------------------------

KXD-2
ACMI pod displayed in PLAAF museum , Beijing.

KXD-2 carried by J7 and J10.

this is KXD-1 developed for J11 and Su30. which was the same thing posted by some so called expert ....LOL

------------------------
the realtime air combat situation created by this Tactical Aircrew Combat Training and evaluation system(the pod is just a part of it) would be displayed on the screen in the Commanding Center on the ground at the same time....if you have seen the documentry about USAAF Red Flag Exercise.you would know what it means.

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
@J20!

Shiphone beat me to it. But to add on, and as I've already said to Decklander, PL10 is a much smaller missile than RVV-AE with a length of circa 3.0m, less than RVV-AE's 3.6m. I honestly do wish J20's side bays could fit MRAAM's for flexibility's sake but alas, they aren't large enough.
PL10 also lack's RVV-AE's distinctive grid fins and instead has for forward swept tail fins, which are quite evident in the pics of it on J20's SRAAM rails.

PL11, like RVV-AE is also an MRAAM, and I doubt it would fit in J20's side bays with those very large delta control fins.

p2prada

It was listed as a PL-10 on fas.org, so I took that to be the real one.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
It was listed as a PL-10 on fas.org, so I took that to be the real one.
FAS is not the best source for much, but I have used it anyway because it seems to pop up often in searches. I sometimes use FAS to find references to US Army Field Manuals.

p2prada

FAS is not the best source for much, but I have used it anyway because it seems to pop up often in searches. I sometimes use FAS to find references to US Army Field Manuals.
Yeah. Quite disappointing.

huaxia rox

Is this idiot talking to himself?
looks like our seemingly white guy friend is using more than one ID in this forum and this time he forgot to swap back to one of the IDs so we got these 3 posts look from 2 users done by only 1 ID actually.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
looks like our seemingly white guy friend is using more than one ID in this forum and this time he forgot to swap back to one of the IDs so we got these 3 posts look from 2 users done by only 1 ID actually.
I have never seen any reason to suspect Armand2REP of doing that; I think he just wanted to add to his post and time for editing had elapsed.

t_co

:lol:

Who are Armand's other IDs?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles