ISRO General News and Updates

Vamsi

Country flag
SCE-200 and Merlin have similar enough specific impulse. As for deep throttling, yes it won't go down to 40% but SCE-200 can throttle down to 60%. Rest, clustering should take care of it. And ISRO did say they are designing it with reusability upgrades in mind.

No matter, even if SCE-200 isn't fit for the job, continue to develop the methalox but in the meantime, they shouldn't abandon existing plans of HLV based on cluster of 4 or 5 SCE-200.

Also, we need SCE-200 class methalox if we want to build a Starship-Superheavy kind of stack. Raptor is similar thrust and specific impulse. And if we ever build a Moon rocket, it would make a lot of sense to go down the Starship-Superheavy route instead of the Saturn-V and SLS route. Even the Chinese realized this and have now modified design of the Long March 9.
Somanath sir confirmed that LPSC is developing a 80-100T thrust class throttlable Methalox engine
Screenshot_2022-09-16-09-16-58-046_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Watch from 17:22 in this video, he confirmed it here

Last edited:

lover

Country flag
Lodhe bass paper main hi banayenge.. abhi tak gslv mk3 sort out ni hua kitne saal hoge .. ..

lover

Country flag
MK3 is sorted. Perhaps you are referring to Mk2 which still has a few issues.
Phir be bhai .. dusre future launch vehicle ka kitne saalo se cgi pe cgi dikhai jaa rahe hai abhi tak paper se aage nahi nikle .. rlv ki pehli flight kitne saal pehle hui thi, abhi tak dusri flight ka atta patta nahi hai .. aur filhaal jeh hai bhi tech prototype.. full fledge rlv ko to jeh 80 saal laga denge .. dusre desh kaha se kaha pahuch gye jeh apni 4 ton capacity par hi baithe hai .. rona rote rehte hai covid ka kabhi budget ka kabhi kissi ka ..

Varoon2

Country flag
Good news, nice to hear it, but weren't the OneWeb sats supposed to be launched in October, at least this is what the SHAR official said( if not September, but it wasn't Nov-Dec) . Was it just a case of the OneWeb satellites not arriving in India.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Protocol for this sub-forum:
  1. New non-sticky thread for every new launch so that threads can be taken care off by timeline rather than congesting all at one place.
  2. Rocket modification at relevant rocket thread.
  3. Experimental/Exploration program at dedicated thread like Mars and Human spaceflight.
Members are requested to follow same so that navigation and layout of this sub-forum can improve. (I'm looking create a comprehensive board to attract some contributors from other forum).
@ezsasa @hit&run @LETHALFORCE
CC fellow mods as I'm not much online these days.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Always post the images so that even if tweet gets deleted, record remains:-

View attachment 173389
View attachment 173390
View attachment 173391

(None of this is an official plan, just something being discussed as a possibility)

Who changed the owner yo?

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Owner of the post. That was mine. Only a mod can change owner and date of post.
Dunno. I do remember posting those slides after looking at this post and then thinking it would be a shame if the tweet got deleted so I should post the images directly in DFI. I mean I positively remember making that post. Maybe you posted the same slides in another thread?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles