ISRO General News and Updates

Vamsi

Country flag
No one simply could push Gaganyaan and Chandrayaan-2 and rocket launch frequency this close to realisation as Sivan did. HSP was good as on hold before Sivan came.
Yep this is true, the moment he became chairman , he pushed for Gaganyaan, he gave a hint the day he was announced as the chairman. His predecessor Dr. A S Kiran Kumar didn't give much importance to the Human Space Flight Program

Vamsi

Country flag
As per my understanding there is a particular reason why CY-3 is delayed. Perfect launch window for CY-3 is in July 2022 (similar to that of July 2019 launch window of CY-2) . But govt asked them to launch Gaganyaan-1 before the Aug 15, 2022. Inorder to achieve the above two goals ,they must launch 2 GSLV-MK3'S within a month. But they don't have the capability to launch 2 Mk-3's within a month. It's not because they don't have Infrastructure to assemble 2 GSLV-MK3'S ,but because of the refurbishment of the 2nd Launch Pad. Hence they may have decided to go for Gaganyaan in July- Aug 2022, and CY-3 may be most probably in Dec 2022.

Akula

Country flag
They said the similar thing in 2019 but let's hope it doesn't get delayed further.

News of chandrayan 3 suggests that GOI is interfering hard in ISRO's projects, i don't like it. BJP most probably pushed for chandrayan 2 though I don't have any sources but some parts of me believes that it was rushed due to the political pressure and probably wasn't tested enough.

Issue was software and algorithm, they stated.
Bro, Chandrayaan-2 was delayed multiple times before its final launch date. We were hearing about its launch from 2017. And it finally got launched in 2019.

Akula

Country flag
I think most of you will agree with me on this. ISRO PR department needs to more.
1. Mangalyaan mission twitter handle stopped tweeting after 2-3 years. While other missions twitter handles are still active.
2. Chandrayaan-2 videos brought high hopes that ISRO's PR is improving but again they went on sleeping mode. Only on twitter their account is verified. ISRO should make videos on their LV's,facilities, interaction with their employees and more.
3. No info about CY-2 orbiter photos. Are they trying to find Transformers on dark side of moon? Why haven't they released more pictures of moon?

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Do you suspect ISRO has conducted secret or very discreet launches in the past. They wouldn't be Pslv or GSLV of course, but something like RLV, Scramjet, Air Breathing rocket( ABR)?
I can't anything about it , but whatever it is it must be secretive

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Yep this is true, the moment he became chairman , he pushed for Gaganyaan, he gave a hint the day he was announced as the chairman. His predecessor Dr. A S Kiran Kumar didn't give much importance to the Human Space Flight Program
Kiran Kumar had put human spaceflight on hold, not just ignored it. That's why Sivan was brought.

Vamsi

Country flag
Vintage ASLV launch pad. This launch pad is decommissioned, but it still exist there, I wonder whether it is possible to modify it and refurbish it to launch Agnikul Cosmos and Skyroot Aerospace's rockets. This launch pad is exactly similar to the First Launch Pad, but smaller
12.ASLV-Reflection-view-3-1024x975.jpg

FalconZero

Country flag
Vintage ASLV launch pad. This launch pad is decommissioned, but it still exist there, I wonder whether it is possible to modify it and refurbish it to launch Agnikul Cosmos and Skyroot Aerospace's rockets. This launch pad is exactly similar to the First Launch Pad, but smaller
View attachment 115288
Wasn't there plan for new launch pad in TN? Gareeb scientist has done a video on it, reasoning was that since the rockets which are launched from SHAR they have to burn extra fuel to manoeuvre in such a way to avoid flowing over sri lanka which can be avoided if it launched from TN and it specially helps with small rockets like SSLV, rockets like Vikram 1 etc. from private players.

Also, since we are talking about vintage images, here's one. I don't know what happened isro's website is a bit bricked so when you look up some images in their media section you can't view them (At most you can view the low-res thumbnail which is useless) so i had to look up the page in archive.org and here's a great close up pic of RLV.
I haven't seen most of the pics in public sphere that much so sharing here.
rlv-tdtrialmock-upatshar-1.jpg

5c330162copy.jpg

bdks10450.jpg

rlv-tdtrialmock-upatshar-2.jpg

2c334956copy.jpg

1c334863copy.jpg

Last one is the most common pic that you can find

Vamsi

Country flag
Wasn't there plan for new launch pad in TN? Gareeb scientist has done a video on it, reasoning was that since the rockets which are launched from SHAR they have to burn extra fuel to manoeuvre in such a way to avoid flowing over sri lanka which can be avoided if it launched from TN and it specially helps with small rockets like SSLV, rockets like Vikram 1 etc. from private players.

Also, since we are talking about vintage images, here's one. I don't know what happened isro's website is a bit bricked so when you look up some images in their media section you can't view them (At most you can view the low-res thumbnail which is useless) so i had to look up the page in archive.org and here's a great close up pic of RLV.
That new launch site in TN will take time, SSLV and other small LVs will be launched from both Sriharikota and TN depending on the mission requirements. For Sriharikota , if possible they can use ASLV launch complex instead of building an entirely new LP.

THESIS THORON

Country flag

waaaw, never saw those, nice pics.

which tiles are we using for reentry??

FalconZero

Country flag
waaaw, never saw those, nice pics.

which tiles are we using for reentry??
Its windward side which will face the highest temperature is made up of silica tiles and some other parts like elevons are made up of titanium though overall body is made up of aluminum. I already shared it in previous comment iirc but this article by DDR provides a good detailed information on rlv https://delhidefencereview.com/2020...os-reusable-launch-vehicle-technology-part-i/

The max altitude it reached was around 65km and peak speed of 5 mach.

From isro's website :
1634664376387.png

Source : https://www.isro.gov.in/launcher/rlv-td

I was looking for more details, flipping through archives and presentation to get more understanding of HLV, sce-200 engines since i was getting uneasy with the leaps that likes of SpaceX were making so found rlv that way and realised that ISRO has videos of it on youtube which were not bad since if you look up the video they even had the separation video kek.

Another interesting mission which i think people don't talk about much is CARE on iirc GSLV mk3 first launch? Apart from the testing of crew escape system. There are some great clips and images if you try looking them up.

I had the original ppt bookmarked but it will take a bit of time to fetch it since i am not able to find it currently.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Its windward side which will face the highest temperature is made up of silica tiles and some other parts like elevons are made up of titanium though overall body is made up of aluminum. I already shared it in previous comment iirc but this article by DDR provides a good detailed information on rlv https://delhidefencereview.com/2020...os-reusable-launch-vehicle-technology-part-i/

The max altitude it reached was around 65km and peak speed of 5 mach.

From isro's website :
View attachment 115329
Source : https://www.isro.gov.in/launcher/rlv-td

I was looking for more details, flipping through archives and presentation to get more understanding of HLV, sce-200 engines since i was getting uneasy with the leaps that likes of SpaceX were making so found rlv that way and realised that ISRO has videos of it on youtube which were not bad since if you look up the video they even had the separation video kek.

Another interesting mission which i think people don't talk about much is CARE on iirc GSLV mk3 first launch? Apart from the testing of crew escape system. There are some great clips and images if you try looking them up.

I had the original ppt bookmarked but it will take a bit of time to fetch it since i am not able to find it currently.
Thanks bhrata

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles