ISRO General News and Updates

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
No, not mars. Ion propulsion has very less thrust ,hence very low acceleration which is not useful for short burns like Trans Lunar Insertion and Lunar Orbit Insertion.If we use ion thruster we have to slowly raise the apogee of the orbit to reach moon, it would literally take atleast 6 months
Ya'll Nibbiars for the DLI would take a much larger rocket. NEP is good but many technical problems and I meant the Ion Propulsion for long range not for the Moon.

omaebakabaka

ISRO has a plan to double weight lifting of each of its vehicle.
I think getting to 6.5 to 8 ton paylaods into GTO would relieve our focus from current to space station and other activities....no less than 2025 at minimum in my opinion unless GOI seriously takes a view space is and has to be part of mandatory military alignment and same status as armed forces

omaebakabaka

Ya'll Nibbiars electric propulsion's?.
This is where nuclear reactors come in but so far they are mostly limited in terms of power to propel something quick and fast, if you take man out of the equation then a lot more things are possible but other than bragging rights, there isn't much....may be some new civilian sectors might emerge based on new materials out of that research. Space is objectively useless as of now and in the current inflated economies that run on fake money, it will feel even more unjustified exploring moon and mars

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Not at all. Only LVM3 will use the engine planned for HLV as test platform for a while.

Mk III can loft satellites weighing 4,000 kg to space, double the weight the current GSLV-Mk II can lift.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Mk III can loft satellites weighing 4,000 kg to space, double the weight the current GSLV-Mk II can lift.

I actually referred to what you said exactly.
ISRO has a plan to double weight lifting of each of its vehicle.
So, no vehicles will be upgraded to double their payload capacity. Only GSLV Mk III will and that too because they have to test HLV engine.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I actually referred to what you said exactly.

So, no vehicles will be upgraded to double their payload capacity. Only GSLV Mk III will and that too because they have to test HLV engine.
I am unable to find that link but I remember one ISRO scientist saying that they are planning to double the payload capacity of ISRO vehicles. Once the semi cryogenic comes in and Cryogenic are improved, Payload will do up.

omaebakabaka

I am unable to find that link but I remember one ISRO scientist saying that they are planning to double the payload capacity of ISRO vehicles. Once the semi cryogenic comes in and Cryogenic are improved, Payload will do up.
I think this is a practical goal as it pushes us into competing in sat market with full spectrum offerings and also total independence in most space related military applications. SHLV is not in context though....

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
They were actually talking about replacing current fleet of vehicles with new generation (UMLV) family.

The program is no longer mentioned at ISRO. Seems they rendered it as a redundancy program after private companies came and focus shifted to HLV.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
They were actually talking about replacing current fleet of vehicles with new generation (UMLV) family.

The program is no longer mentioned at ISRO. Seems they rendered it as a redundancy program after private companies came and focus shifted to HLV.
Can you please post that reference here? ISRO has a plan to increase current GSLV 3's weiggt lifting to 6.5 tons.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

Vamsi

Country flag
As we thought earlier, 1st unmanned Gaganyaan not this year. My speculation is, it will be mid-2022

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
UMLV or HLV? Here is the last list of proposals from VSSC.

Yup, they will mate SCE-200 engine (HLV one) for that.
So far as I know, CE 27 will replace CE25 with better specific impulse. L 110 will be replaced with Semi cryogenic engine. This will allow GSLV MK III to lift more weight by 50% to 60%.

SavageKing456

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles