ISRO General News and Updates

Akask kumar

No , I don't think so . It can't be the case of manpower . For search and rescue they don't require scientists of scramjet program , and these scientists also will not divert there mind from there project to search and rescue . They have separate teams of experts for searching .

But the case can be of the availability of required satellite . Satellites which are required to moniter scramjet testing should have been diverted for search and rescue mission .
This can be the most probable and suitable reason for delay .

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk
satellite for monitoring the scramjet,?? its job of ground based tracking team that uses antennas to track objects in air which includes various stages of rockets..and the same team i believe also does radar imaging of earth which is employed in rescue mission as per reports.. so may be a team of scramjet is not free..but tracking a scramjet should not be a big deal

Akask kumar

Or I think it's emotional.
ISRO has already carried out search for debris of plane but could not find it.
So, if plane sunk in sea was without getting broken, it gonna take a week at least to get it on surface. Probability of getting anyone alive is very low.
Though, I don't wanna say this and wishing that they're alright, I fear that rescue operation has changed into a search operation.:(

Loss of 29 soldiers is very significant.
It is enough reason for us to not carry out any prideful mission in such grief.
may be ..but ppl and army are celebrating the kargil vojay diwas.. so i think emotion is not the matter..in kahmir off record and on record forces die but work goes on.. i still believe its either the manpower or the test is not ready yet.. Things dnt always go as per plan..

patrika

Devas Multimedia wins case against ISRO

India has to pay $ 672 million to Devas Mutlimedia Pvt Ltd, after its space marketing agency Antrix Corp lost a case in the Permanent Case of Arbitration over cancelling a satellite deal by the private firm.

The Indian government had cancelled in 2011 a deal to lease satellites operating on the S-band spectrum with Devas Multimedia, that would have helped beam high speed internet on mobile devices.

Source - Patrika.com

rishivashista13

Country flag
satellite for monitoring the scramjet,?? its job of ground based tracking team that uses antennas to track objects in air which includes various stages of rockets..and the same team i believe also does radar imaging of earth which is employed in rescue mission as per reports.. so may be a team of scramjet is not free..but tracking a scramjet should not be a big deal
During successful testing of any project , they not only require to track the project . Project is tested at various parameters . During test scramjet engines will fire for only 5 seconds . In that small time they have to observe the project at different angels and at different parameters , they will surely require satellites for a successful test .

Last edited:

rishivashista13

Country flag
NOT NOw the RLV will be a TSTO -- two stage to orbit.. the first stage will push the satellite(2nd stage) beyond the atmosphere at certain height from there the first stage will detach and glide back to the run way.. at that height i believe a semicryogenic engine will be used to place the satellite of the second stage in desired orbit.. the second stage after placing the sat will also land using parachute.

what you said about liquifying the atmospheric oxygen to be used in space as oxidiser will be used in SSTO(singel stage to orbit) which will be developed after we master the TSTO..i think the SSTO is project named as AVATAR.
I think , this scramjet engine will be used in AVATAR project only . and also can be used for military purposes .

Akask kumar

During successful testing of any project , they not only require to track the project . Project is tested at various parameters . During test scramjet engines will fire for only 5 seconds . In that small time they have to observe the project at different angels and at different parameters , they will surely require satellites for a successful test .

No my friend.. even before satellites were developed agencies across world had and have been using antenna based tracking system.. satellite are not for tracking they are used for monitoring coz they dnt remain fixed in orbit.. even antenna dishes are used to track satellie, ISS,meteors etc..

i should have used the word Radar istead of antenna to be more precise.. how do you think anti-ballistic missile defence system work.. no satellite is used to track the missiles.. you must have heard of radio telescopes and have seen BIG ROUND DISC SHAPED DISHES THAT DOES TRACKING AND COMMUNICATION..

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
NOT NOw the RLV will be a TSTO -- two stage to orbit.. the first stage will push the satellite(2nd stage) beyond the atmosphere at certain height from there the first stage will detach and glide back to the run way.. at that height i believe a semicryogenic engine will be used to place the satellite of the second stage in desired orbit.. the second stage after placing the sat will also land using parachute.

what you said about liquifying the atmospheric oxygen to be used in space as oxidiser will be used in SSTO(singel stage to orbit) which will be developed after we master the TSTO..i think the SSTO is project named as AVATAR.
ISRO may come up with a new SSTO project.
Devas Multimedia wins case against ISRO

India has to pay $ 672 million to Devas Mutlimedia Pvt Ltd, after its space marketing agency Antrix Corp lost a case in the Permanent Case of Arbitration over cancelling a satellite deal by the private firm.

The Indian government had cancelled in 2011 a deal to lease satellites operating on the S-band spectrum with Devas Multimedia, that would have helped beam high speed internet on mobile devices.

Source - Patrika.com
Bloody damn, I thought internal cases are limited to SC. Who took it to Hague.
Those American puppets are always ready to hit at Indian Commercial Space Industry.
:frusty:
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...launch-service-irks-us-companies.76080/page-3

Akask kumar

ISRO may come up with a new SSTO project.

Bloody damn, I thought internal cases are limited to SC. Who took it to Hague.
Those American puppets are always ready to hit at Indian Commercial Space Industry.
:frusty:
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...launch-service-irks-us-companies.76080/page-3
dsnt matter ..do u think indian judiciary is honest,, probably we had more chance of winning the case in Hague than in SC.. Indian judiciary is sold out..

i just checked
MOM was 430 crore
and this penalty is 4368 crore

we coud have sent 10 such satellite to mars
:crying::crying::frusty::frusty::mad2::mad2:

so its clear our future missions will be delayed and affected.. sad news..

Last edited:

Akask kumar

................deleted,,,,,,................................................................

rishivashista13

Country flag
No my friend.. even before satellites were developed agencies across world had and have been using antenna based tracking system.. satellite are not for tracking they are used for monitoring coz they dnt remain fixed in orbit.. even antenna dishes are used to track satellie, ISS,meteors etc..

i should have used the word Radar istead of antenna to be more precise.. how do you think anti-ballistic missile defence system work.. no satellite is used to track the missiles.. you must have heard of radio telescopes and have seen BIG ROUND DISC SHAPED DISHES THAT DOES TRACKING AND COMMUNICATION..
No man , this information is outdated . Today's modern warfare is advancing very fast .
Now a days satellites can be used for tracking our missile , hostile missile , drones, planes , even for tracking vehicles , guiding bombs and missiles , identifying enemy targets , it can also be used for lasing enemy targets for laser guided bombs . And many more tasks can be accomplished by using modern satellites .
A small Report for proof -
http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Ind...-for-missile-defence/articleshow/20130007.cms

Akask kumar

No man , this information is outdated . Today's modern warfare is advancing very fast .
Now a days satellites can be used for tracking our missile , hostile missile , drones, planes , even for tracking vehicles , guiding bombs and missiles , identifying enemy targets , it can also be used for lasing enemy targets for laser guided bombs . And many more tasks can be accomplished by using modern satellites .
A small Report for proof -
http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Ind...-for-missile-defence/articleshow/20130007.cms

do you know about indian anti ballistic program ?? does it use satellite ?? no it uses swordfish radar system that can track even object of crciket size ball.. are u ware of radars and its usage?? apart from GPS satellite no other satellite can be used for real time tracking .. coz it is not stationary in obrit..

do u think NASA uses satellite to track its JUNO satellite around jupiter?? have u seen following pics

upload_2016-7-26_17-27-4.jpeg

even before GPS was developed by india we were tracking rocket stages .. a radar gives u all stat that you need regardting the kinematics of object in air.. rest of the result are obtained from the onboard sensors..
plus tracking using radar is preferred coz of its pin point accuracy unlike GPS sytem that have accuracy within limits.(10-20) m for Navik..
the only advantage in using GPS system for baliistic missile defence in tracking very high altitude targets that are out of radar range.. neutralizing them even before they enter atmosphere..

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
dsnt matter ..do u think indian judiciary is honest,, probably we had more chance of winning the case in Hague than in SC.. Indian judiciary is sold out..

i just checked
MOM was 430 crore
and this penalty is 4368 crore

we coud have sent 10 such satellite to mars
:crying::crying::frusty::frusty::mad2::mad2:

so its clear our future missions will be delayed and affected.. sad news..
No, it's no ISRO who's paying, it's GoI.
And $672 millions is nuts for GoI.
Don't worry, ISRO's budget will remain steady.:D

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Jul 26, 2016
BIPA Arbitration Award
In the UNCITRAL arbitration between GoI and Mauritius based investors of M/s Devas Multimedia Private Limited, under the Indo – Mauritius BIPA (Treaty), the Arbitral Tribunal have issued their award on Jurisdiction and Merits on July 25.
The Tribunal has said that GoI's essential security interest provisions of the Treaty do apply in this case to an extent. The limited liability of compensation shall be limited to 40% of the value of the investment. The precise quantum has not been determined as yet.
The Tribunal has dismissed the Claims as regards violation of other provisions of the Treaty viz., (i) unreasonable or discriminatory measures; as also (ii) Most Favoured Nation treatment.
The Government of India reiterates that it had invoked the essential security interests through a well reasoned, valid and proper CCS decision. The award of the Tribunal is being examined and legal recourse, as deemed fit, will be taken. We also remain committed to pursue our larger national interests including sovereign strategic security interests in this matter.
Meanwhile, the Enforcement Directorate, has issued a show cause notice to Devas for violation of FEMA, 1999 and are further investigating the case under Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002. Enforcement Directorate have issued show cause notice to Devas for contravention to the provisions of FEMA, 1999.
The CBI have filed an FIR against, inter-alia, M/s Devas Multimedia Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore; and other unknown public servants of M/s Antrix/ISRO/DOS. This case is presently under investigation.
Courtesy: ISRO - Government of India

Compersion

Country flag
I dont know the full story but from what I have heard and thinking what happens if Devas is taken over by GOI ... because of national security considerations ... If Davas is declared bankrupt. If Devas existence is in question. GOI is not going to do nothing and allow such a message to develop.

Deutche Telekom and other outside investors that came in later can be compensated in rupees and also facilitate a solution whereby the payment and resolution is they get the value of that by future ISRO launches (subject to availability of slots)... a type of set off. this time the national security considerations in place.

Because this ridiculous arrangement was made in india and anyone would want to make a good quick profit. many have done. But one can say DT and others would have done due diligence and known. That might require a discount from their part please no disrespect. also India needs to learn and gain knowledge and many a time this is by mistakes and this one does not look good right now.

unfortunately such "ridiculous arrangements" are common in india. but its fascinating to see them use international fora for compensation. A bit like the BCCI and its television circus. But ISRO is not a BCCI not even close. It links to national security. (even though some will say BCCI now is streaming into such national security areas).

it would also be interesting to see the paper trail who and how this was approved within ISRO and GOI (because Space goes under the PM) and what was NSA and others doing. And i know for sure this would not have been allowed if the right people had known. What a firecracker.

this is not the end of the story. but it is not good viewing to see such figures and story being play out. but i would like to believe things will turn out well eventually. whoever is making this move has made it bigger not finish.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Posting the same news but with some useful info. @Akask kumar
Search holds up ISRO rocket launch
The search for the IAF transport aircraft An-32 has delayed by some days the launch of the RH-560 rocket equipped with a supersonic combustion ramjet (scramjet) engine for conducting an air-breathing propulsion test.
The two-stage sounding rocket was to be fired by the Indian Space Research Organisation from Sriharikota in the Bay of Bengal in the next few days.
However, sources said, permission had not been given for the launch because several IAF aircraft were flying over the Bay in search of the missing An-32 plane. The naval vessels are also engaged in the search over a big area.
Before an ISRO launch vehicle lifts off from Sriharikota or a missile is flight-tested by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) from the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur or the Wheeler Island in Odisha, a Notice to Airmen is filed with the military and civil aviation authorities to alert aircraft pilots to keep off the flight path of the rocket or the missile.
Ships are asked to keep off the area where the debris from the burnt-out stages of the rockets and missiles will fall.
After the clearance is given, we need three days for the launch. We will then integrate the rocket’s two stages, check the stages and sub-systems, and go for the flight,” sources in the ISRO said.
Reddened part is what we needed.:)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
ISRO's Antrix vs Devas: After the drubbing, ED probe may help India recover losses

In an arbitration case involving Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Devas Multimedia saw, the Government of India has lost the case in the international tribunal. This would mean the government's space arm ISRO may have to pay $1 billion in damages to Devas for cancelling a deal in 2010, the tribunal ruled at The Hague.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has launched an investigation against Devas and its directors and foreign subsidiaries under Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and Foreign Exchange Management Act (Fema). According to The Times of India, this will allow the government to recover from Devas, "the amount it hopes to earn through international arbitration."
The ED's case rests on the basis that approval for foreign direct investment (FDI) to Devas was based on conditions that foreign investors would be subject to Indian laws.
According to a report by News18.com, ISRO's commercial arm Antrix had cancelled a deal involving use of two satellites and a spectrum after which Devas Multimedia filed the case against the former.
The deal between Antrix and Devas was signed in 2005 when G Madhavan Nair was at the helm of affairs in the Department of Space. As per the agreement, Antrix was to provide 70 MHz of the scarce S-Band space segment to Devas for its digital multimedia services.
This was to be done by leasing 90 percent of the transponders in satellites GSAT-6 and GSAT-6A that are proposed to be launched by ISRO. Devas, in turn, was to pay Antrix a total of $300 million over 12 years.
However, the deal failed to take off, as the then Manmohan Singh-led government in 2011 said the project was already under review and action has been initiated for termination of the contract.
The government finally cancelled the deal on 17 February, 2011. Devas then took Antrix and the Government to International Court for cancelling its contract by the Cabinet Committee on Security in 2011.
After arbitration proceeding began in June 2013, Devas claimed $1.6 billion in damages.
In 2015, Antrix was slapped a fine of about Rs 4,400 crore ($672 million) by International Arbitration Court for unilaterally terminating the contract with Devas, the News18.com report said.

Akask kumar

Posting the same news but with some useful info. @Akask kumar
Search holds up ISRO rocket launch

Reddened part is what we needed.:)
strange !! so its the management problem then . not emotional or manpower shortage.. But chances of hitting the ship by rocket stages are really low.. Plus the launch from the Pad and faling of stages in the sea will take just 10- 15 minutes.. ISRO can request nearby planes and ship to halt for 30 mins.. why to call 3 days off??

GVT is Over Skeptical & over cautious.. as DOS , department of space comes under PM.. clearance is not given from above,top authority.. so ISRO cant do anything.. We shud blame the gvt for delay not ISRO..

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
strange !! so its the management problem then . not emotional or manpower shortage.. But chances of hitting the ship by rocket stages are really low.. Plus the launch from the Pad and faling of stages in the sea will take just 10- 15 minutes.. ISRO can request nearby planes and ship to halt for 30 mins.. why to call 3 days off??

GVT is Over Skeptical & over cautious.. as DOS , department of space comes under PM.. clearance is not given from above,top authority.. so ISRO cant do anything.. We shud blame the gvt for delay not ISRO..
Well well buddy, we have already got 29 lived in dange . Why risk more?

There are foreign ships there too. So, we can't violate international protocol.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles