ISRO General News and Updates

Vamsi

Country flag
So we have agreed to subsidise US moon dream? Are getting any benefit out of it in terms of technologies shared?
we get ghanta out of this, we will hitch share ride on Orion or Crew Dragon, Mudi jee will parade those astronauts claiming that we landed on moon , it will be all good for optics, but in reality it will only kill our indigenous Human Spaceflight programme, we won't have our own spacestation, we won't have indigenous crewed moon mission. Everything will end. It is one of the worst decisions taken by Maulana.

Blank

Country flag
I think it's good. In the future, US and Chinas space programmes will be competing and their discourse power will allow them to set standards. India and US, along with France have complementary space programmes. India provides commercial launches to US, while India provides excess demand to EU for launch.

I have heard in ISRO sub that some people were already making our space programme ISS compatible, so that our capsule can be aligned their.

Plus it so means we can divert excess space transport in Asia. Now if Japan needs to launch something to ISS, they go to US. We can provide them here only, no need to go to mainland USA. Plus, we can set space standards in the sub-continent since no way we are allowing the bang bros or nipples to hop on Chinese space programme

Vamsi

Country flag
I think it's good. In the future, US and Chinas space programmes will be competing and their discourse power will allow them to set standards. India and US, along with France have complementary space programmes. India provides commercial launches to US, while India provides excess demand to EU for launch.

I have heard in ISRO sub that some people were already making our space programme ISS compatible, so that our capsule can be aligned their.

Plus it so means we can divert excess space transport in Asia. Now if Japan needs to launch something to ISS, they go to US. We can provide them here only, no need to go to mainland USA. Plus, we can set space standards in the sub-continent since no way we are allowing the bang bros or nipples to hop on Chinese space programme
Anything led by Americans will only benefit Americans. What do you think happened to both European & Japanese Human Spaceflight programmes?? Just google about them, you will know.

Do you thinks Americans will allow others to travel on Non-American spacecraft ??

Don't forget that Gaganyaan is still in the womb, I won't be surprised if Americans try to sabotage it.

TopWatcher

Country flag
Guys hold on. ISRO signed many things before also with NASA but didn't materialized.

So dont worry. Nothing going to happen. Anyhow ISRO need to develop their own technology.

We already come many steps in human space flight, so no issue in that.

SavageKing456

Country flag
We will get ghanta as I have already said. Artemis will only divert our puny limited resources.
I don't agree
Although joining such Artemis program is waste but it won't effect any isro program
Human space flight program will happen
Ofcourse indian govt is not as stupid that it will literally dump HSP for random Artemis accord

Vamsi

Country flag
I don't agree
Although joining such Artemis program is waste but it won't effect any isro program
Human space flight program will happen
Ofcourse indian govt is not as stupid that it will literally dump HSP for random Artemis accord
it will definitely effect our Human Spaceflight Program

SavageKing456

Country flag
ISS & Artemis are not cheap, they will suck our resources, We cannot afford both Artemis as well as indigenous space station, there also other thing that we should be independent, we should not be others sidekick, especially for muricans
As if the indian govt will toe the line and provide funding
At best it's lip service by indian govt to the US

Vamsi

Country flag
As if the indian govt will toe the line and provide funding
At best it's lip service by indian govt to the US
I doubt it's a lip service. Imagine what effect Indian Astronaut on Moon will have in politics, I doubt Maulana will reject it if he's been offered it.

TopWatcher

Country flag
We cant resist collaboration in scientific world. If you say that India should not work with any one. Then it will not work.

This MOU is just as eyewash from India to US.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
From Wiki

View attachment 211588

looks like one of the things that we "caved in".

@Indx TechStyle Any opinion on this?
Anything led by Americans will only benefit Americans. What do you think happened to both European & Japanese Human Spaceflight programmes?? Just google about them, you will know.

Do you thinks Americans will allow others to travel on Non-American spacecraft ??

Don't forget that Gaganyaan is still in the womb, I won't be surprised if Americans try to sabotage it.
ISRO already has considerably high engagement with NASA & ESA in operation of our own systems and this was coming (and they might be hoping for some tech like interkosmos program with USSR?). We use their networks, equipments and even researches all the time that it is easy for them to ask us for anything.

As far Indian space station is concerned which is at least a decade away, decaying ISS is only a good thing for experience (provided Gaganyaan is executed first independently as planned).

European and Japanese programs were also related to their budgets and projected national statures than some US conspiracy. They chose to be with US as they knew they won't be able sustain human spaceflight programs for long even after attaining same. So, India certainly won't go their way either.

Not signing it doesn't make any positive difference either since India anyway doesn't have any infrastructure to compete with NASA & CNSA for next 20 years. We are even short of our own satellite requirement and required yearly launch frequency and commericalisation would only help. India will take 2 decades to build a Mir like space station and with this, we could be a partner in building another one after ISS. Leave alone that, rendezvous docking experience by delivering cargo will be a huge learning curve for ISRO.

I hope that GoI might have considered protecting India's private space vendors though.

Artemis accords are not a threat to Gaganyaan. But they are a threat to India's private space companies for sure. It is also directly joining western camp in space where NASA/ESA/ISRO divide the work of human spaceflight, interplanetary missions, satellite launch and space station replenishments etc. tasks between each other. It must be a welcome thing overall for India since ISRO is a space agency with full launch capabilities and has 90% of what it takes for human spaceflight. Threat should be for countries whose programs are in nascent stages. Indian space progress will only hasten.

Last edited:

Articles