INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

rishivashista13

Country flag
I don't like seeing our flag on the front side of the helmet,it should be placed on the side of shoulder or below the name of the soldier.
I think we should re design the whole uniform
I think, it's proud to wear flag on forehead front.
And it looks really cool to me.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Flame Thrower

Indian Army wants ofb 7.62 x 51 rifle to fire 2000 rounds continuously with out any stoppages.
https://twitter.com/SJha1618?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
Similar test should be conducted on foreign rifles as well.

Few layman questions... gurus pls answer.

1. Usually soldiers would carry 100 rounds(peacetime) of ammo. Why anyone would carry 2000 rounds unless it is used as a machine gun.

Usually GPMGs would fire such a large quantities of ammo.

2. We were one few countries who replaced LMGs with assault rifles modified as LMGs. What are the chances that similar things are planned for Bren gun as well. We have some 50k brens if I remember correctly.

In US, till this year they had used M16 as AR and M240 (versions) LMGs. But they realized that M240s are heavy and soldiers carrying M240 are becoming primary targets.

3. Are we looking to replace GPMGs with 7.62*51s. Is it possible to change as GPMGs are used on vehicles, pill boxes, squad automatic guns and what not. Can 7.62*51 will be able to do that!?

4. How difficult is to convert a Mag fed gun to belt fed gun!?maybe this is already requested but not publisized.

MG 42 barrels were to be changed after 250 rounds of full auto fire(without any stoppages) and 400 rounds in extreme cases.

5. Maybe Army is looking for "test till they break thing". What is the recommendations for barrel changes in Bren gun!?

6. Is it theoretically possible to fire 2000 rounds(from an air cooled gun) in full auto without any stoppages!?

soikot banerjee

Country flag

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Looks like they are firm that they won't let the INSAS go for next decade too. They don't want to leave INSAS but still be cry baby about it.
2000 rounds, What OFB? No Battle rifle will be able to survive that, they won't survive 1000 rounds
According to kunal biswas, the 7.62x51 one has different roles than INSAS 1c. INSAS 1C is set to become the main rifle

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Who said that it has a different role, I and dead against its induction ..

But again, Its better to have indigenous over unreliable, unfamiliar imported hardware ..

According to kunal biswas, the 7.62x51 one has different roles than INSAS 1c. INSAS 1C is set to become the main rifle

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag

I saw a jam occuring in Ghatak in this video at 01:40.My guess is this is a failure to extract from chamber,as the bolt carrier is stopped at the half length of magazine so new cartridge might get extracted from magazine but stopped in between from feeding into the chamber due to this failure and tip of the new round is hitting on the end of former stucked cartridge.

Visual Representation of what might've happened there.This gun is Ruger Mini-14.

Alternatively it could be a failure to feed as well,in which the round extracted from magazine doesn't get properly aligned to the chamber and stucks between the chamber and bolt carrier group.

Visual representation of what might've happened in this case,Rifle is Zastava M70 (Yugoslavian/Croatian/Serbain variant of AKM)

Doc Mozart

Country flag
Definitely I agreed with your view, it must go to the special forces but it needs refinement before its induction. Refinement and development take times.
Absolutely but i would rather see the army get their hands on the aar first rather than the mk1c. Not to belittle mk1c but i think aar deserves a chance.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
There are many reason, including personal experience ..

I have stated all in depth in last few pages, Its not feasible to reproduce all that in one post ..

Please go through this thread ..

Could you plz elaborate, why you are against its induction....

shafiq alam

Country flag

Pictures from CT operations ..

====================================

IRDE sight mounted on AK from recent operation at J&K.
Thanks for the great pics Kunal love the standard issue winter sock on the lmg magazine
is there a practicle reason for that?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The translucent magazine help the user to know about the remaining rounds in the magazine but in irregular warfare where terrorist hidden among common people can also see it ..

Chinmoy

Country flag

JVPC
Ghatak 7.62*39
Excalibur Mk-1

Production of JVPC , GHATAK & Excalibur MK-1 Rifle in full swing. Around 800+ JVPC , 1000+ Ghatak & 600+ Excalibur MK-1s are being produced. More orders are expected in coming months as trials are going on with the Police & CAPFs.
Source: INDRA
Judging by forefrip, there seems to be three different distinct version of JVPC. Any input on that?

New threads

Articles