INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
re: What is best calibre for an Assault Rifle?

@ kunal, bhadra & Akim can u tell is im rite or wrong bcoz i think in high alti and mountain warfare u need long range but light weight as u said barrel increase range so bullup gun with 6.5 or 6.8 may b good option bcoz 7.62 creates lot noise in case 7.62 bull it will bang ur ear drum wat u think can we do R & D in this zone.
Bullpup is the best solution in my view..

With 6.8 / 6.5 will carry more ammo also 6.8 / 6.5 recoil is not harder as 7.62x39..

----------------------------

5.56mm makes more sound than 7.62x39mm or even 7.62x51mm..

5.56mm sound is irritating not sweet as 7.62X51mm.. :)

Akim

Professional
Country flag

Not renounce a cartridge 7,62*39. you will look at these two carbines of АК- 47 and SKS. At SKS exactness at firing on 400 meters without an optics as at SVD.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

From calibers 5,45, 5,56, 5,8 the best are a 6,5 mm! What caliber at the assault rifles of India - 7,62*39? Here him and use. On the Chinese cartridge, nothing will say is I him in hands did not hold. On «soviet» and NATO littleimpulsive cartridge too much censures. They are good only on flat locality. Substantial advantages between them it is not, unless 5,45 - a mm heavier than wound to inflict. Both cartridges often ricochet and in city and in forrest. In mountains, where pressure of air below, they lose the internalss also. India with anybody does not stand in military alliances, what to use identical standards. Pass at once to the caliber 6,5*39 мм. And М-4 and Ак-74, easily Remade under this caliber.
5.5 is light and 7.62 is kinda heavy.

I saw a program on Discovery about weapons and they demonstrated a new gun(cant remember it's name) with 6.5 mm bullet which has the same effect as 7.62 AK.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
----------------------------------------------

There is a new AR which use M43 rounds and have range over 400m..

Trichy assault rifle
Kunal please explain how this gun can hit a target beyond 400mts as the effective range of M43 when fired from ARs are below 250mts.400+ range could be achieved only it is fired from LMGs like Rpk or tabuk sniper which have long barells.Here in case of Indian weapon the barell is not that much lengthy to shoot over a distance of 400mts.I think the range and over effectiveness is much hyped as usually happens in every OFB products.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Kunal please explain how this gun can hit a target beyond 400mts as the effective range of M43 when fired from ARs are below 250mts.400+ range could be achieved only it is fired from LMGs like Rpk or tabuk sniper which have long barells.Here in case of Indian weapon the barell is not that much lengthy to shoot over a distance of 400mts.I think the range and over effectiveness is much hyped as usually happens in every OFB products.
Effective range of M43 fired from AKM is 200ms straight..

From LMG such as RPD & tabuk is 600ms..

----------------------------

Its barrel length is more than AKM and possible had to do with Rifling Groves, 400ms from new genration Rifles with barrel length of 460+mm is quite possible..

Akim

Professional
Country flag

I do not know what targets in IA. Here targets for firing from an AR:
- - a pectoral target with circles is put on 100 meters and she does not fall
- - a pectoral target is 200 meters
- - a half-length target for novices (later machine gun calculation, heavy grenade launcher) is 300 meters
- it is a figure in the full-length - 400 meters
- -APC are 500 meters.
10 cartridges are given out soldier . First three shots single on a figure with circles. Other by short gunfire on distace 300, 400 meters. A norm is handed over, if all targets are staggered.
This exercise of пis intended and for АКМ and АК- 74 (without a difference).

SPIEZ

Country flag

Akim more about the accuracy of the AK with the M43 cartridge.

Akim

Professional
Country flag

Akim more about the accuracy of the AK with the M43 cartridge.
There are 100 meters on distance, where firing goes on a target with circles, a difference is not present between АК- 74 and АКМ. And in the distance 400 meters from 7,62 it is simpler to shoot what from 5,45. Less than it is necessary amendments. Main to shoot short automatic fire. . After the third shot, getting is practically impossible.

SPIEZ

Country flag

There are 100 meters on distance, where firing goes on a target with circles, a difference is not present between АК- 74 and АКМ. And in the distance 400 meters from 7,62 it is simpler to shoot what from 5,45. Less than it is necessary amendments. Main to shoot automatic fire. . After the third shot, getting is practically impossible.
Sorry, you are saying that there's no difference when firing within 100m, but when firing at 400m it is difficult for the M43?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Sorry, you are saying that there's no difference when firing within 100m, but when firing at 400m it is difficult for the M43?
You can shoot beyond 400m with M43, Given your barrel length is longer..

Akim

Professional
Country flag

In the distance 400 meters from a short turn are easily "taken" off full-length target. In the distance anymore, a purpose is necessary to be yet seen. But in the target of APC shot is possible.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Re: What is best calibre for an Assault Rifle?

Though this is a good combination to arm a army but 7.62x39mm are not good as newer generation Bullets..

I am not disagree with Akim, But that what i feel as i have not seen same HV bullet of M43 as 5.56mm Nato..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
New Information coming up :

As per 2011-12 MOD report..

AshutoshNSingh

Re: INSAS Indian Small Arms System

Trichy rifle looks like a slightly improvised 7.62x39 mm variant of FN FAL.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

Slightly?? Everything in there looks like a direct copy, except magazine, P-rail and carry handle. :lol:
If i am correct then this same improvised m43 compatable fnfal is alreaddy made by soome foreign gun manufacturers and i had seen the picture of it inthe assault rifle thread.:)That clone of akm aka ofb made AK7 was way better than this adventure.Waiting to see FN pressing chaarges against ofb for copying their product with out license.:p

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Are you sarcastic or serious ?

That clone of akm aka ofb made AK7 was way better than this adventure.Waiting to see FN pressing chaarges against ofb for copying their product with out license.:p

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

Are you sarcastic or serious ?
Actually both.Remember the delegation from ishmaz threatened to file charges against drdo when they saw ak7 in the defexpo citing copying their AK design?The same may happen against our ttricchy assault rifle also.
Plus what is now the need for invention of a new rifle when the IA is actually in favour of multicals and also there is local production of multiicaliber rifles gonna happen?Also the accuracy and range whichh is said to be attaiined by this rifle is highly optimistic considering the length of barell is only a little bit more lengthier or than the akm.
Also why drdo didnt go for a weapon in the platform of insas instead based on fal?
Eveen if drdo was so muchh desperate to make any m43 firing weaapon thhey coulld have made any on the basis of finnish m92 which is considered to be the most reliable,accuurate weapon in this league.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles