INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

JBH22

Any idea what will the forces do with the INSAS being replaced? Any possibility for modernisation

uoftotaku

Country flag
Any idea what will the forces do with the INSAS being replaced? Any possibility for modernisation
Probably get passed down to State and Metro Police forces like the old SLR's were...god knows there are still plenty of havaldars totting around 2-barrel shotguns and Enfields

Although with IA now going back to 7.62 the Police who still retained SLR's probably feel smug at this point

Harbinger

कसाई
There is nothing in that configuration that cannot be swapped out in under 5 minutes, possibly less. The kit is for your average infantry trooper not the RR who will get and are getting FAB Defence level of customization.

Rashtriya Rifles unit equipped with the M5F41 with FAB Defence kit circa 2019.
No way in hell that is M5F41. That's a Romanian AK. Notice the 45° gas tube and a stamped receiver, Polar opposite of arsenal rifles.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
No way in hell that is M5F41. That's a Romanian AK. Notice the 45° gas tube and a stamped receiver, Polar opposite of arsenal rifles.
It has a FAB defense kit and thus cannot be the M5F41, that much is understood. Point is any add-ons missing on the Indian AK 203 can be easily swapped with the FAB ones. This includes the upper handgrip, butt stock and attaching grips to the 6'o'clock Picatinny rail on the foregrip.

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
Zeroing of a rifle issued to him is normally done by the individual on the firing range before classification firing. The sights on the rifle are adjusted to suit his style of firing. This weapon remains on his name permanently till he's posted out of the unit.
Hi,

I had one more question. Do the Sector stores have adequate "extra" small arms like MMG, AGL, Sniper Rifles, Carl Gustaf etc to issue to frontline, in case any area is facing heavy combat.
Reason I am asking is that production & purchase of these routine items seems so low that I wonder, if we have extra holdings to bulk up any sector involved in heavy fighting.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Hi,

I had one more question. Do the Sector stores have adequate "extra" small arms like MMG, AGL, Sniper Rifles, Carl Gustaf etc to issue to frontline, in case any area is facing heavy combat.
Reason I am asking is that production & purchase of these routine items seems so low that I wonder, if we have extra holdings to bulk up any sector involved in heavy fighting.
Generally there are no extra holdings where sector stores are concerned. It is the duty of the Ordnance unit in the sector to have adequate reserves. These are issued to units on need basis.

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
I did not really mean to use Army designations. Just to enquire about practice. For instance, A Battalion commander is expecting major escalation, can he ask for double or triple the holding of MMG, AGL, Sniper rifles, NVDs, Grenades etc.

Do even have additional holdings of such items? Or we are over concentrated towards T90s & IR ATGMs. As OFB reported production capacity seems too low to build up such extra stores.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
I did not really mean to use Army designations. Just to enquire about practice. For instance, A Battalion commander is expecting major escalation, can he ask for double or triple the holding of MMG, AGL, Sniper rifles, NVDs, Grenades etc.

Do even have additional holdings of such items? Or we are over concentrated towards T90s & IR ATGMs. As OFB reported production capacity seems too low to build up such extra stores.
Nope! These will be stocked and kept ready for distribution when needed in ordnance units within Logistic Support Bases during offensive ops like Cold Start and Field Ordnance Depots in defensive ops.

Underground Soldier

Country flag
Its good that we didnt go for reinventing or modifying FALs instead of new rifles. Anyway still not convinced about a single reason behibd selecting a rifle in. 308 (Sig716) as new standard rifle.
Will the SiG be used by Special forces ditching their tavor or it will be used only by Units at LoC????

Harbinger

कसाई
  • Screenshot_2020-04-07-19-09-57-358_com.simplemobiletools.gallery.jpg
  • This Picture must've been or probably was posted on this forum. I'm sorry if I'm reposting it in a wrong topic (cause i didn't find a relevant topic please enlighten if there's a relevant one) so how did a GALIL ARM end up in the hands of Indian army? (if it has been pointed out then i apologise)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles