INS Vikrant Aircraft Carrier (IAC)

omaebakabaka

You have to remember the new design needs to meet certain consideration. It has to be very visible on the vast stretches of the ocean. That's why St. George's Cross was very popular. It stood out and was easily recognizable and you could tell which navy it was. Adding too much detail would make it hard to discern the differences at distance. I guess that is why IN stuck with St. George's Cross for so long. It was a simple yet effective design.
This is a weird attribution of reason and logic and frankly India should not do it half hearted with measured "secular" approach. Do it with guts and put traditional elements in it.

R A Varun

Country flag
You have to remember the new design needs to meet certain consideration. It has to be very visible on the vast stretches of the ocean. That's why St. George's Cross was very popular. It stood out and was easily recognizable and you could tell which navy it was. Adding too much detail would make it hard to discern the differences at distance. I guess that is why IN stuck with St. George's Cross for so long. It was a simple yet effective design.
a Bhagava dwaj with embedded Indian Tricolor will be looking far better at farther distances it is similar to that of chinese flag and more redder than george's cross.

NutCracker

Country flag
a Bhagava dwaj with embedded Indian Tricolor will be looking far better at farther distances it is similar to that of chinese flag and more redder than george's cross.
Bhagwa and neon green are most bright colors on land at least that's why both are extensively used over safety jackets. Don't know how effective they might be in ocean. Better than george cross during day time .

Last edited:

omaebakabaka

Bhagwa and neon green are most bright colors on land at least that's why both are extensively used over safety jackets. Don't know how effective they might be in ocean. Better than at george cross during day time .
Lol, people flying flags on horses and ships are the primary means of identification.....may be 200 years ago. There are many shameful things that are accepted due to India's permissive nature borderlining on gulaami mindset to this day. Atleast this is a first baby step leading to deep cleansing of souls hopefully.

Blademaster

This is a weird attribution of reason and logic and frankly India should not do it half hearted with measured "secular" approach. Do it with guts and put traditional elements in it.
I am not defending the continued use of St. George's Cross, only commenting on why it stuck around for so long. I asked this of an Indian sailor a while ago and that is what he told me.

omaebakabaka

I am not defending the continued use of St. George's Cross, only commenting on why it stuck around for so long. I asked this of an Indian sailor a while ago and that is what he told me.
Nothing meant personally bhai, everyone that does not consciously think or pursue will consume what is indoctrinated in schooling in India like akbar is great, sikhs (like they did not have HIndu lineage) are all/only warriors and so on. So sailor or Admiral of navy, it does not matter. I am not aware of any international standard like navigation signs and so on that dictate we need to have cross or foreign influenced signs on our flags. To me, Indian flag means nothing.....if it had more to identify with the land then you don't have to learn it in school on what those colors represent.

Blademaster

Nothing meant personally bhai, everyone that does not consciously think or pursue will consume what is indoctrinated in schooling in India like akbar is great, sikhs (like they did not have HIndu lineage) are all/only warriors and so on. So sailor or Admiral of navy, it does not matter. I am not aware of any international standard like navigation signs and so on that dictate we need to have cross or foreign influenced signs on our flags.
I recall hearing about international standards for such flags but I do not know if it is voluntary or required of a navy to adhere to certain standards. But it does not follow you need a cross. It was just that we changed it before and then under MMS it was changed back. Hopefully this time this change is permanent.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles