INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

p2prada

Damn, the images were deleted before I could see them. I hope someone has a copy.

The above gives you a good idea of where the Island is located, that is bang in the middle of the runway,
and where the Lifts are also located, One of the runway and the other on the starboard side.

The lifts are rated 20 tons and 30 tons. The question is which is lifted is rated to lift up the jets? If it is the one in the middle of the runway, then god help us.
Both I suppose.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
@All instead of pasting external links, you can upload images directly to our server. Just add them as an attachment and they'll never get deleted.

vikaskumar11233

Tihar Jail
Banned
INS Vikramaditya is one of the costliest ship India has ever bought or made in joint venture.It will cost us very high.

cir

This time the Russians blamed on the weather for the delay。 What posssible excuse will they use next time?

jamwal

Country flag
INS Vikramaditya is one of the costliest ship India has ever bought or made in joint venture.It will cost us very high.
Considering that it's largest and most powerful ship that we'll have, it'd have been surprising that it was not also the costliest
I have all the photos of that photo albumm on link that I posted earlier on previous page

Blackwater

i remembered one song when i see any news about vikramaditya ..

i know its bit boring song but worth watching watch after 3.20 min

:rofl::rofl::rofl::taunt1::taunt1:

Last edited by a moderator:

Adux

Country flag
Considering that it's largest and most powerful ship that we'll have, it'd have been surprising that it was not also the costliest
I have all the photos of that photo albumm on link that I posted earlier on previous page
The difference between a new ship and an old in this case 400-500 million dollars, something the Italians could have made in a jiff, and will go 20 years more than the Soviet Junk, will give more power projection capability, more time at sea, It is one of the most worst investments have made

India has made seperate payments for the whole MiG-29K's, it is 2.3 billion dollars just for the junk called ship, You can get a 40,000 IAC at less than 3 billion,

Parthy

Air Warrior
The difference between a new ship and an old in this case 400-500 million dollars, something the Italians could have made in a jiff, and will go 20 years more than the Soviet Junk, will give more power projection capability, more time at sea, It is one of the most worst investments have made

India has made seperate payments for the whole MiG-29K's, it is 2.3 billion dollars just for the junk called ship, You can get a 40,000 IAC at less than 3 billion,

I believe Russian's have offered help on India's prestigious Arihant project in turn for this deal... It had some other hidden offers too...

Adux

Country flag
I believe Russian's have offered help on India's prestigious Arihant project in turn for this deal... It had some other hidden offers too...
We paid money for that...other money

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

jamwal

Country flag

How can be you so sure about Italians ? Compare their size and cost. When India signed the deal it was almost for free. It was criminal stupidity on ours as well as Russian's part that the costs were so grossly miscalculated. Nothing can be done about that though. Scrapping the deal in between was also not an option, even though Russians were considering getting the ship for their own navy at one point.
Even if we could have scrapped the project without any acrimonious fallout, negotiations with Italians (or anyother party) and getting the ship in good time was almost impossible. Regarding IAC, we are still a long way from even constructing the hull. How much time it'll take to get two ?. First IAC will join navy sometime after 2017 and 2nd even later. How'll you manage without a working aircraft carrier till then
Indian Naval chief publicly defended the decision to stick with Gorshkov by promising to pay the money on the spot if anyone could get him another aircraft carrier at the same cost

Mig29K and choppers based on the ship along with some other stuff cost only a billion. It's the follow on order for 29 more which raised the cost for airwing. $ 2.3 Billion for such ship for our needs is not a bad price.

Koovie

Rusting as it will always be

relax mate, according to the sources, these pics are from february (although its quite sunny for a Russian winter) and even at this point they have many months left to finish the paint job :)

Adux

Country flag
How can be you so sure about Italians ? Compare their size and cost.
Italians have already built a 30,000 tons Cavor, how hard it can be for them to built a 45,000 ton or 50,000 ton Vessel, Cochin Shipyard has not done even made a single aircraft carrier, yet they are making a Carrier which is the copy of the Cavor but at 40,000 ton class. To be honest, Italians will be able to build it faster and more cheaper than the Indians and Russians.
When India signed the deal it was almost for free
Idiotic, there is nothing free in this world, You are beliving what is written on some newspaper.

It was criminal stupidity on ours as well as Russian's part that the costs were so grossly miscalculated.
So why isnt the Russians taking half the cost? What is criminally stupid is the blind Natasha love being displayed.

Like it or not, you will get a brand spanking new carrier with 20 more life years and better efficiency.

Nothing can be done about that though. Scrapping the deal in between was also not an option, even though Russians were considering getting the ship for their own navy at one point.
It was a pressure tactic, they were never going to do that. Even if they were, let them.

Even if we could have scrapped the project without any acrimonious fallout, negotiations with Italians (or anyother party) and getting the ship in good time was almost impossible. Regarding IAC, we are still a long way from even constructing the hull. How much time it'll take to get two ?. First IAC will join navy sometime after 2017 and 2nd even later. How'll you manage without a working aircraft carrier till then
Why did the Indian government and Navy spend 6 years negotiating and then messing up the project for 3 years, altogether 9 years, anybody could have made 2 carriers by that time. So they are not professional. So they couldnt call a spade a spade when it really was a junk.

Indian Naval chief publicly defended the decision to stick with Gorshkov by promising to pay the money on the spot if anyone could get him another aircraft carrier at the same cost
Yes, it is very easy for him to play that to idiotic masses and media persons. I would bet him that a 45,000 ton carrier with all the bells and whistles except the aircraft component will only be as expensive Gorshkov junk.

Mig29K and choppers based on the ship along with some other stuff cost only a billion. It's the follow on order for 29 more which raised the cost for airwing. $ 2.3 Billion for such ship for our needs is not a bad price
It is a bad price, it is extremely bad price. It is 90% cost of a new ship. You are being silly and extremely naive.

Adux

Country flag
relax mate, according to the sources, these pics are from february (although its quite sunny for a Russian winter) and even at this point they have many months left to finish the paint job :)
I posted all the pictures, and i have been following the project from 2004, I know what is what.

venkat

adux why i am seeing a black square with a minus sign in place of vik pics? Are they "for your eyes only"?

Adux

Country flag
adux why i am seeing a black square with a minus sign in place of vik pics? Are they "for your eyes only"?
Nopes, that is google showing all of us the middle finger.

Zebra

Country flag
(Let me finish the sentence.)

It had some other hidden offers too.....for more junks.

:tsk:

jamwal

Country flag
Adux
I don't have any extra time to get into bitter arguments, so I'll just keep it simple

YOu like Italiian ships, fine. BUt you didn't answer my question about the delay of atleast 3-4 years that would've entailed if India abandoned Gorshkov.
A billion dollar for complete airwing of an aircraft carrier along with missiles, radars, training etc is a very reasonable price. Please compare the prices of this system from Italian, American, or any other source and then we may talk about it.
You have so much faith over rest of the world making ships in much shorter time span...I'm curious to know what makes you think so. I doubt if Italians can perform any miracles as you are suggesting. Russians have much more experience in building everything than Italians.
If you're talking about Indian IAC, it's work was help up for a long time due to shortage of special steel that we couldn't manufacture and it's going to get delayed too. Going with Italian may have been "a good snub to arrogant Russians", but in my opinion it'd not have been worth it if our navy had to let go of Gorshkov and be witthout a carrier for 3-4 years minimum. It's nothing short of a complete disaster

800 million for overhauling and modification was also a too good to be true price. Ofcourse it wasn't right and we ended up paying almost 3 times that. Russians had demanded a higher amount for it and after negotiations settled for 400-500 million dollars less.
All that's is in the past now and none of your strong words will have any effect on this deal as of now. So please give it a rest. and when replying to posts, don't slectively quote to shove down your opinion. like you did with 2nd quoted line

Adux

Country flag
Adux
I don't have any extra time to get into bitter arguments, so I'll just keep it simple
There is nothing to argue

YOu like Italiian ships, fine.
I dont have any personal affinity, just that they are the design consultants on our currently constructing captial ship and is the latest country other than US, to have actually built a carrier from scratch. But I am sure, it went over your head

But you didn't answer my question about the delay of atleast 3-4 years that would've entailed if India abandoned Gorshkov.
Do you know when the Gorshkov episode started, not UPA -1 not UPA 2, pre- kargil; pre-NDA.
So if the Navy does loose 3 years if it would have canceled gorshkov ( which should have happened 2 years ago circa Admiral Suresh Mehta). Guess what, the Viraat is still not retired, and will serve for another 3 years atleast. So you can keep that silly arguement.

A billion dollar for complete airwing of an aircraft carrier along with missiles, radars, training etc is a very reasonable price. Please compare the prices of this system from Italian, American, or any other source and then we may talk about it.
Did you see say anything about the MiG-29K, maybe those Kamov's. I suggest you read the thread here.

You have so much faith over rest of the world making ships in much shorter time span...I'm curious to know what makes you think so. I doubt if Italians can perform any miracles as you are suggesting. Russians have much more experience in building everything than Italians.
Carrier building is Carrier building, Russians have experience is in making world renowned crappy ships. Like it or not. Read the first reply I gave, that is the only reason. I am just echoing the confidence of Indian Navy and Cochin Shipyard.

If you're talking about Indian IAC, it's work was help up for a long time due to shortage of special steel that we couldn't manufacture and it's going to get delayed too. Going with Italian may have been "a good snub to arrogant Russians", but in my opinion it'd not have been worth it if our navy had to let go of Gorshkov and be witthout a carrier for 3-4 years minimum. It's nothing short of a complete disaster
You need to read the timelines again.

800 million for overhauling and modification was also a too good to be true price. Ofcourse it wasn't right and we ended up paying almost 3 times that. Russians had demanded a higher amount for it and after negotiations settled for 400-500 million dollars less.
If it was always too good, then why say it is so. you are just still going back.

All that's is in the past now and none of your strong words will have any effect on this deal as of now. So please give it a rest. and when replying to posts, don't slectively quote to shove down your opinion. like you did with 2nd quoted line
Use the ignore feature..

Global Defence

Articles