INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Chinese carrier barely leaves port or lets aircrafts fly. Even 10yr from now it will look pristine since it will only be useful for photoshoots
Liaoning is mostly docked because they're using it as a template to build more carriers.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
The ship was just come from small refit ( Barak 1 ) .. and now heading for another refit as article suggested , But I think it's a Scheduled maintenance.

Should all ships undergo dry docks for every 18 months ..
Is the CIWS system installed? Maybe that's what this refit is about?

Yumdoot

^ No. That would be 5+ Tons with various combinations.

Should look like this (2 Kh-35 + 3 drop tanks + 2 R-73):

Or even like this:

pmaitra

Very well produced video

And if you cannot just see the video right now then here's something for you from that video:
Good video, although much of the footage is stolen from Rossiya 2 Channel, and the Rossiya 2 logo is nicely covered up in that Spunky Warriors logo.

Here is the original video. See logo 'РОССИЯ 2' to the top right.

Anyway, here is a missile firing video, and I hope it is not posted already:

Last edited:

nitish.sarangi

At Karwar, is the Air base being built very close to the harbour like US Navy base in Virginia? Or is it going to be some place else?
Screen Shot 2015-09-13 at 9.34.07 pm.png

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
i used to think the same, but that was before i visited the carrier. the deck is spic and span. it's probably the paint scheme that makes it look unkempt/shabby, but rest assured, it's not that way actually. one hell of a vessel she is!
Whic AC did you visit?
How? I s your DAd working for IN?

delta

Country flag
Whic AC did you visit?
How? I s your DAd working for IN?
visited Vikramaditya. and yes, perks of being a navy kid! ;)

Wiki says that RBU-6000 is a rocket launched depth charge. So, in a way it is like a mortar. I cannot say for sure what it is in INS Vikramaditya, but looks like RBU-6000.
i think those are decoy rockets, used for confusing enemy radars. much like chaffs i'd say?

archie

Country flag
I don't think its a missile bro, its mortar system, something like RBU-6000 I guess.
Wiki says that RBU-6000 is a rocket launched depth charge. So, in a way it is like a mortar. I cannot say for sure what it is in INS Vikramaditya, but looks like RBU-6000.

Check out page no 131 of this thread .. this video and what it is was posted there..

Quoting from the previous post

http://www.aame.in/2013/07/ins-vikramaditya-testing-its-zif-121.html

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
In a first, INS Vikramaditya to host Combined Commanders' Conference next month

NEW DELHI: The Combined Commanders' Conference of the three services will be held next month onboard India's latest aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya in Kochi, which will the first venue outside the national capital to host the crucial defence meet. The move came after Prime Minister Narendra Modi, during his address at the Combined Commanders' Conference here October last, suggested that the armed forces could organise such conferences on ships, or in forward area cantonments or air- bases, instead of only in New Delhi. "Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address annual Combined Commanders' Conference onboard India's latest aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya on December 15," defence sources said. Though the conference was originally scheduled to be held in October, it was postponed due to the Bihar elections. Besides the Prime Minister, the conference will be attended by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and other senior members of the Cabinet. The Combined Commanders' Conference, also known as the Unified Commanders' Conference, is crucial as national defence policy, doctrine and operational challenges are discussed in detail. Exhorting the armed forces to be prepared for a "future where security challenges will be less predictable...threats may be known, but the enemy may be invisible", Modi had last time said "full-scale wars may become rare, but force will remain an instrument of deterrence and influencing behaviour, and the duration of conflicts will be shorter".

In a first, INS Vikramaditya to host Combined Commanders' Conference next month

salute

Sabari Vinayak Foxtrot

Sabari Vinayak
Country flag
MARCOS Combat Free Fall from Dornier aircraft onboard INS Viraat

In Video : Indian Navy's Dornier-228 (IN-237) , MARCOS , INS Viraat (R22)

Global Defence

Articles