INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

Adux

Country flag
Everybody might not be as capable or as learned as you are and there is definilty no reason for you to get all worked up and be rude.
Actually you are the one who is being rude, you are the one who is not going and researching and working, not giving quality replies. You are just harping like a broken piano. You insult yourself and everybody around you, by not doing your job and wasting our time. You have been shown you are wrong, but you dont even take the courtesy to read what is given in wiki about what is a Wasp class and what is a landing ship.

The estimate figure I gave was only of the Hull, not including the refurbishments and the Air assets. No one is as dumb and idiot as you think. And about Wasp sorry for using the word Landing but I meant since its called an amphibious Assault Ship so it necessarily has extra space for amphibious assets. So instead of an amphibious ship more of an AC i meant

What is the use of giving the cost of hulls? How much all of those ships cost is easily available online, but you cant take the pains to find it out can you, you expect to be spoonfed as well as somehow be appreciated about your great strategy of small aircraft carrier's littered all over the south china sea, multiple angles and yada yada etc, You believe 'I must be a genius', those naval planners in the Indian Navy are idiots and have never thought about it. No silly man, your idea sucks and it is not feasible, now let it go.

And I am extremely sorry I quoted you and asked something. Surely will not do the mistake again
Thank You, especially since you are really thick and I am extremely thin on patience

Adux

Country flag
A 20000 ton carrier cannot carry the equipment that a 40000 ton carrier can. Equipment capability increases as you increase the tonnage.

Power(electricity) is the biggest problem here. A large number of small carriers is impossible for us considering we don't have enough support ships. It is also useless considering it will be less capable and have less endurance compared to a 40k tonner.

Aircraft are getting bigger, not smaller. We can't send a squadron of Mig-29s against a squadron of Flankers.

Finally something intelligent. I always find Indians trying do everything cheap and in most cases gets bitten (case and point) Gorshkov

I doubt that we are going to have very large power porjection with our current plans for carriers , not until IAC 2 are we going to have anything that is of much note..... sure the IAC 1 and the Vikramaditya are can pound the PN to kingdom come and completely effect a blockade of Pakiland but are gong to be much harder to deploy against PLAN....
I have from very serious sources tell me, that Indian Navy will be building 3 more Aircraft Carriers by 2025, including Vikrant. Those 2 will be of 65,000 ton category. The Indian Navy today is just 60,000 personnel strong. That is quite small. While the PLAN is 250,000 and USN is 350,000 and 240,000 ( Marines) and with another 200,000 in reserves.

Indian cannot achieve superiority over Indian ocean with a paltry 60,000 personnel and their corresponding ships.

IMHO IN's real power projection is going to come from 4 LPH/LPD's, with air cover from the carriers it would be a very formidable force
I dont understand on what basis you are saying this? Though in its outset I do agree with you.

But where are the marines to fill up those 4 LPH/LHD's. We have just a brigade, the 91st at trivandrum. Where our Marine assault mech components?
What do you envision?

Adux

Country flag
Unless India raises the number of personnel in the Indian Navy to 3 times its size today and a raise at least a Corps strength Marine Force, You can name the Indian Ocean as Chinese Ocean.

Last edited:

mahesh

Country flag
when can we expect a stealth battle group, or atleast a Indian battle group have most of the stealth fleet, or atleast a few big ships with modren stealth tech.

shubhamsaikia

Actually you are the one who is being rude, you are the one who is not going and researching and working, not giving quality replies. You are just harping like a broken piano. You insult yourself and everybody around you, by not doing your job and wasting our time. You have been shown you are wrong, but you dont even take the courtesy to read what is given in wiki about what is a Wasp class and what is a landing ship.

What is the use of giving the cost of hulls? How much all of those ships cost is easily available online, but you cant take the pains to find it out can you, you expect to be spoonfed as well as somehow be appreciated about your great strategy of small aircraft carrier's littered all over the south china sea, multiple angles and yada yada etc, You believe 'I must be a genius', those naval planners in the Indian Navy are idiots and have never thought about it. No silly man, your idea sucks and it is not feasible, now let it go.

Thank You, especially since you are really thick and I am extremely thin on patience
Thank you for showing patience and completely showing how high you are on yourself. I did check up and gave those figures, they are not made up. I would certainly assume since they are some people like you who are so genius could do the maths up for themselves. Harping is when no one agrees and I am the only one saying the same thing over and over. However as you might out it as you are all knowledgeable and do all the research there some people like us who believe smaller ships might also suffice.
I per se am not saying what I am saying is the best. Nor am I asking you to accept my ideas. I am asking around for a debate weather its feasible. Anyways why don't you shut your crap and be all God for others. Kindly don't bother this way,

Adux

Country flag
There is also the 108 Infantry Brigade at Port Blair.
That is a mountain/infantry brigade not a marine brigade.

Indian Army has an IBG for amphibious assault operations - 340 Independent Infantry Brigade under Jodhpur-based 12 Corps as well as the 91 Infantry Brigade for amphibious warfare at Trivandrum.

The sad part is, this very small force is 5000 strong and our Navy doesnt even have the capacity to haul them and we are talking about standing up to the Chinese.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adux

Country flag
Can way take away all non-vikramaditya (it has been made a good thread from 3 years of work)replies from this thread to some other thread

Adux

Country flag
If the last pic is to scale, which i highly doubt it is. Then there is no parking behind the island on the starboard side.

trackwhack

Non of the renders ever had parking behind the island. Either way it would be a nightmare to park and retrieve aircraft from there. Does not make sense at all. The area could see some other kind of utility or left clean and empty.

Adux

Country flag
Non of the renders ever had parking behind the island. Either way it would be a nightmare to park and retrieve aircraft from there. Does not make sense at all. The area could see some other kind of utility or left clean and empty.

I agree with you, the more I see it, the more I am convinced. I dont think it is possible to park more than 4 or 5 jets on top.

Adux

Country flag

This is how a aircraft carrier island should look like

This is the Indian Aircraft Carrier, Notice the F-15's, lol. I dont think this is to scale also

Adux

Country flag
This is how the Russians are moving towards the Americans

MiG-29K for the Admiral Kuznetsov

MiG-29KUB jet at Zhukovskiy LII air field
According to the newspaper "Bulletin Reports," the Russian Navy expects to buy the Mikoyan MiG-29K for the Admiral Kuznetsov by 2011, according to an informed source in the Russian Ministry of Defence, noting that the contract may be concluded in the next two years. Information was confirmed by the general designer of one of the defence enterprises, which produces sub-assemblies for these aircraft, while the MiG corporation refrained from comment.[26][27]
Currently, the Navy has a fleet of 19 carrier-based Su-33 fighters, a resource which will expire by 2015. The production of new Su-33 is possible, but not cost-effective for such small volumes. At the same time, the MiG-29K in this respect are more convenient, because the Indian Navy has already ordered 16 aircraft and plans to buy at least 30 planes. As noted by Konstantin Makienko[who?], it lessens the series article cost and allows Russia to save on development. India has paid 730 million dollars for the development and delivery of 16 fighters, while the 24 planes for Russia's fleet would cost about $1 billion.[26]
[edit]Mid-life refit

In April 2010 it was announced that by the end of 2012 the ship will enter Severodvinsk Sevmash shipyard for a major refit and modernisation.[28] The report states that the refit will include upgrades to the obsolete electronics and sensor equipment, installation of the new anti-aircraft system and increase of the air wing by the removal of the P-700 Granit anti-ship missiles. Upgrades might also include exchanging the troublesome steam powerplant to the gas-turbine or even nuclear propulsion and installation of catapults to the angled deck.[28]
Do note that date of 2012, now that Sevmash has got all the expertise it needed with Indian MONEY, they are ready to rebuild their Kuzentzov and change it to exactly our specs. They will get a better job, since Kuzentzov is a better design. They are taking of most aircraft cruiser weaponary and making it a conventional carrier. Heck, even the Russians who used aircraft carrying cruiser model is done with it.

PS: They are buying the MiG-29K also, since India paid for that development also. Aint it, so dandy for them. Russians have weakened us beyond anything, about time we are ready to leave them, they will throw some crumbs at us. I am not going against buying from Russia, but to buy 70% of the arms from them is unacceptable at any level.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles