India's Moon Exploration Program

SavageKing456

Country flag
Interesting. So as per him, C3 has already made some very significant discoveries which they will let out in the coming days. Also the exact date for Aditya mission will be announced very shortly and it will be in 1st week of September. The payload is in Sriharikota and integration is going on with the launch vehicle
Overall extremely interesting times ahead,can't wait for Gaganyaan

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I missed the part where ManMohanji brought space shuttle technology to India

Why did they show a cut out of space shuttle?
It was not even manned for God sake
!
download (2).jpeg

Is it too much to ask for ?
I mean a cutout of this image ?
The grand old party again displayed it's very grand old wisdom and underlying philosophy of bowing down before the goras as expected .

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Ispe too case hona chahyee.

One thing I notice indian journalists are anti indian.
Yesterday there was this news bulletin running on a Hindi news channel , where the first news was " chandrama ka tapman 50 degree " or the moons temperature recorded is 50 degrees.
While the channel showed the bloody graph released by isro .
Well ofcourse the temperature of moon was -50 degree Celsius, I guess .
But see there is a difference between 50 degree Celsius and -50 degree Celsius .
My cousin once told me " news Wale agar itne hoshiyaar hote to kya journalist bante ".
Or if these news people were smart , would they have become a journalist?
He was right.

DingDong

Country flag
Yesterday there was this news bulletin running on a Hindi news channel , where the first news was " chandrama ka tapman 50 degree " or the moons temperature recorded is 50 degrees.
While the channel showed the bloody graph released by isro .
Well ofcourse the temperature of moon was -50 degree Celsius, I guess .
But see there is a difference between 50 degree Celsius and -50 degree Celsius .
My cousin once told me " news Wale agar itne hoshiyaar hote to kya journalist bante ".
Or if these news people were smart , would they have become a journalist?
He was right.
The news was summarily correct. The surface temperature is around 50 degree C, while just 8 cm below the surface the soil temperature drops to -10 degree C.

Please note that the lunar day has just begun and it is equivalent to 14 Earth days, the surface temperature is only going to climb up.

My interpretation: This may indicate that if there is water on Moon's South Pole, it is several centimeters below the surface in a frozen state and not at the surface. Only those lunar craters which are never exposed to the sunlight may store water on surface.

This also means that Moon's soil is an extremely bad conductor (60 degree C difference at 8 cm depth).

Vamsi

Country flag
The news was summarily correct. The surface temperature is around 50 degree C, while just 8 cm below the surface the soil temperature drops to -10 degree C.

Please note that the lunar day has just begun and it is equivalent to 14 Earth days, the surface temperature is only going to climb up.

My interpretation: This may indicate that if there is water on Moon's South Pole, it is several centimeters below the surface in a frozen state and not at the surface. Only those lunar craters which are never exposed to the sunlight may store water on surface.

This also means that Moon's soil is an extremely bad conductor (60 degree C difference at 8 cm depth).

These insulative properties of lunar soil can be useful for liquification of Hydrogen in future....our next mission should have water extraction technology demostrator

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles