India's Moon Exploration Program

NutCracker

Country flag
The kairali samaj people near my home were indeed in a very much jolly and celebratory mood .
All men wore veshti and very good Shirts , they did look smart .
The women wore very good and colourful sarees .
Everyone looked very gay , it was a lovely sight to see.
I asked one man , what is the commotion in the golly about ? He did say that it was onam .
When I came home , I told my father that today is onam alas , my father didn't agree and told me in no uncertain terms that there is no onam today .
He said in the office holiday calender , it's very well mentioned that onam is when there is lohri and other similar festivals of us natives of india , which all fall in the month of February of the christan calender.
I didn't dare disagree with him for he is my father but nevertheless I wished you and other members who belong to Kerala , since the occasion was confirmed to me by a native of Kerala himself .
Happy onam.
I think your dad is confused between Pongal and onam.

Country flag
Israel get compensation from Germany maybe UK should compensate for trillions of dollars looted from India ; no more aid - compensation??

How Britain stole $45 trillion from India
Looks like lot of people are visiting our forum . Saw many videos about the exact point I posted here on YouTube.

here2where

As per this video, the rover has discovered something new for the first time

@Tactical Doge your translation needed here
Mr.Somanath has a very easy body language and appears to be a jovial character.

Important points -
Rover functions normal, despite a slight initial delay.
Rover experiments normal. Initial data from it is ground-breaking and will be shared by scientists soon.
Lander and Rover will be "put to sleep" after 14 earth days of sunlight and hopefully both can be revived afer the 14 earth nights of freezing cold. "Sleeping circuit" will put them to sleep and wake them up.

He mentions in lighter vein - Onam is celebrated at Sriharikota with a grand Sadya for all :)

RedHood108

Country flag
Mr.Somanath has a very easy body language and appears to be a jovial character.

Important points -
Rover functions normal, despite a slight initial delay.
Rover experiments normal. Initial data from it is ground-breaking and will be shared by scientists soon.
Lander and Rover will be "put to sleep" after 14 earth days of sunlight and hopefully both can be revived afer the 14 earth nights of freezing cold. "Sleeping circuit" will put them to sleep and wake them up

He mentions in lighter vein - Onam is celebrated at Sriharikota with a grand Sadya for all :)
Wait whaaat. 😲

So there is a possibility that it wouldn't just have a life span of 14 days. But could be revived for the next lunar day.

celebration-dance.gif

Last edited:

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
As per this video, the rover has discovered something new for the first time

@Tactical Doge your translation needed here
Interesting. So as per him, C3 has already made some very significant discoveries which they will let out in the coming days. Also the exact date for Aditya mission will be announced very shortly and it will be in 1st week of September. The payload is in Sriharikota and integration is going on with the launch vehicle

omaebakabaka

LM-10 is 70tons to LEO, they need two LM-10s to do a manned moon mission
That's still less than energiya (guess LM 9 is their shlv), any idea if their engines are derived on Russian RD series metallurgy or home grown? For us, hopefully more focus on space station, docking tech and survival systems and so on before any moon manned missions. 50 to 100 tons is probably the optimal capability for broad range of missions.....shlv over 150t mostly will turn out to be risky as fewer launches and applications means fewer failures to study and so on while being expensive

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Wait whaaat. 😲

So there is a possibility that it wouldn't just have a life span of 14 days. But could be revived for the next lunar day.

View attachment 220010
CY3 ended up saving a lot more fuel than earlier expected and it was said that it could now run for a lot more time.

Indrajit

Country flag
CY3 ended up saving a lot more fuel than earlier expected and it was said that it could now run for a lot more time.
That's the propulsion module, lander & rover is what ISRO said would likely work only one lunar day. ISRO does tend to understate what is possible though.

Vamsi

Country flag
That's still less than energiya (guess LM 9 is their shlv), any idea if their engines are derived on Russian RD series metallurgy or home grown? For us, hopefully more focus on space station, docking tech and survival systems and so on before any moon manned missions. 50 to 100 tons is probably the optimal capability for broad range of missions.....shlv over 150t mostly will turn out to be risky as fewer launches and applications means fewer failures to study and so on while being expensive
YF-100 engines, belongs to RD-120 family, in which our SCE-200 is also a part of.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles