India's Moon Exploration Program

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
At this moment, I don't have any information on the control system used for landing in CY-3. But here's a Chinese paper studying the control system used in one of their landers:

They're using sliding mode control. I'm sure ISRO is using a modified and more failure-proof version of non-linear CS. Plus during the terminal decent phase, we're also using predictive CS to choose the best possible landing site.
From personal experience, theoretical analysis of dynamical system and controller design is the easy part. Practical implementation is whole another ball-game. :sad::rotfl:

I remember during my PhD, one of my fellow labmate (from padosi mulk) was humble bragging about his 4 journal publications in Springer/Elsevier which he published during his Masters (while I only had 1 published in IEEE Transactions as first author :sad:). I checked and all of them were Theory + Simulation in Matlab or HIL simulation with no novelty :pound:.Not worth the paper they were written on.

Predictably he is now facing difficulty completing his PhD on time as we have to publish 3+papers in IEEE Transactions which is whole other ballgame where you have to show Theory + Simulation + Hardware Implementation + Novelty.

The Juggernaut

Country flag
Last year (2019) I was waiting for Chandrayaan 2. Every news of successful manual of orbit was happening but a sense of fear was lingering in my mind. Things were going good but my anxiety was increasing. I was tormented to a feeling that at last moment of landing something will turn a mess. I didn't told about it anyone but it became unbearable on last night. I slept at 8:45 p.m., praying nothing bad happens. Next day I woke up early hoping that everything was fine. But news was devastating. I had made myself ready for the worst still news hurt.
Raat bhar Mera hriday bhay se kaap raha tha,
IMG_20230823_171904.jpg

Today I am happy and excited in my heart but the sense of alarm still there. Lord Jagannath bless us !!! . Praying now 🙏🏻 for successful mission.
IMG_20230823_171516.jpg

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles