India's Moon Exploration Program

SKC

Country flag
The landing program is already stored in the onboard computers of the spacecrafts. There is certain level of automation in place.
But the go-ahead commands are given by the mission control after they are sure that it is the right to initiate the landing sequence.

Physx32

Country flag
Now I want to read our resident (all-in-one expert) Dhruv Thatti’s take on non-linear predictive control algorithm that will govern CY-3 lander’s automated landing on lunar surface. :pound::pound::pound::pound:
Is ISRO using some variant of sliding mode control system (for the fine braking phase)?

Varoon2

Country flag
Man this better land properly. I spoke too much shit to seething brits and pakis online
The Chandrayaan -3 is a huge and important story, but I do wish sometimes, that there wasn't so much coverage and discussion in the Indian media. Mostly for the reason that, if there is a glitch or problem, it won't look so good on the media. And of course on ISRO, and India generally. Kinda torn here. Hoping for the best!

Physx32

Country flag
I dont know. I you find anything related, please post the link here.
At this moment, I don't have any information on the control system used for landing in CY-3. But here's a Chinese paper studying the control system used in one of their landers:

They're using sliding mode control. I'm sure ISRO is using a modified and more failure-proof version of non-linear CS. Plus during the terminal decent phase, we're also using predictive CS to choose the best possible landing site.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I dont know why advertise like low budget and juggad, these things down our engineering skills.
That is not the perception since SciTech has nothing to do with fashion or status.

As long as reliable, low cost is an indicator of efficient engineering and demand of the spacw industry since space is too costly excess.

If you are able to make something in 20 lakh which performs same or at better levels than another thing of 50 lakhs, that is the thing what makes difference between an engineer and mechanic.

Engineering items like machines and infrastructure equipement we see everywhere actually would otherwise cost much more than they are now. They were given just correct quality assurance (and correct quality control against features which weren't required at all).

So, low cost is a signature of better engineering (if has a high success rate), not jugaad.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles