India's Moon Exploration Program

here2where

Agencies world wide doesnt ever reveal their imaging capabilities..
cuz..most of such tech goes into defence as well...and its very very classified.
soo... we will get the image..but in a while..

Anyway...we got the good news...
and they are trying to ESTABLISH COMMUNICATION means...the lander is INTACT.
thats super awesome.
We have made public the orbiter's imaging capabilities. So images itself will not be classified since these will be shared with other space agencies for science research purposes eventually.

NASA regularly tweets awesome images taken from their orbiters/rovers. ISRO should emulate the same to gain mindshare into young students and casual space enthusiasts.

The more accessible ISRO becomes, less questions about its funding will be asked by snakes within. Its a strategic move NASA follows via tweets aimed at public.

NASA's LRO took Beresheet lander pics .

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/4ueCd7xbMmacYorL2RD4ZJ-650-80.gif

Last edited:

Akula

Country flag
We have made public the orbiter's imaging capabilities. So images itself will not be classified since these will be shared with other space agencies for science research purposes eventually.

NASA regularly tweets awesome images taken from their orbiters/rovers. ISRO should emulate the same to gain mindshare into young students and casual space enthusiasts.

The more accessible ISRO becomes, less questions about its funding will be asked by snakes within. Its a strategic move NASA follows via tweets aimed at public.
Isro should first of all put a blue tick on it's Instagram handle. There are many account with same name.
Isro has images from Mars orbitor, Astrosat and now will come from Moon orbitor. NASA post amazing pictures in its Instagram account.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
What good is a parachute with no atmosphere?
I am not talking about Parachute , but chute design which ensuring descend of Pragyan Rover from Vikram Lander to Moon Surface.
Chute could have been like foxxhole escape systems. I also see application of orientation independent designs and soft robotics.
But that is topic of different discussion.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I am not talking about Parachute , but chute design which ensuring descend of Pragyan Rover from Vikram Lander to Moon Surface.
Chute could have been like foxxhole escape systems. I also see application of orientation independent designs and soft robotics.
But that is topic of different discussion.
If the descent is too fast I don't think it matters, it was only designed to land at 2m/s.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
If the descent is too fast I don't think it matters, it was only designed to land at 2m/s.
I am not addressing impact forces right now. From what I inferred that lander is probably intact as they are trying to communicate with it and the setback is because of its orientation.

here2where

To put things in perspective.

Although, we are 60 years behind thanks to Congress.
It is not an apple to apple comparison when we say we did much better on our 1st attempt compared to US/USSR who had multiple failures for their first few attempts. Remember they were pioneers. We learnt a lot from their first failures and have avoided repeating the same during our first attempt.
So lets give credit where it is due and say Kudos to US/USSR who set the platform for the rest of mankind to follow in their giant footsteps.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Possible images of Vikram Lander.

The pictures are among the early images sent later in the day by the main Chandrayaan 2 spacecraft, which continues to orbit the moon from pole to pole from a 100-km distance. The lander was spotted some distance away — possibly about half a kilometre — from its intended touchdown point, reports said.
https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...nar-surface-isro-chairman/article29367136.ece

So that DMK IT Cell info from Vijay/Vinay Genius of ISRO was true! It could be completely intact!

Cheran

Country flag
As per ISRO, they have used thermal imaging & not optical (of 30cm resolution) for finding out the lander. Any clue why so?

Cheran

Country flag
As per ISRO, they have used thermal imaging & not optical (of 30cm resolution) for finding out the lander. Any clue why so?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles