India's Moon Exploration Program

shaktishivashakti

Country flag
I think it will be delayed to Aug 27th i.e Sunday....if they announced it like this, ....reason is Mudi ji is attending BRICS summit tomorrow.....so they are gonna delay it to Aug 27th
I hope that's a precaution taken by ISRO who want to take minimal risk and prepare the mind for a dealy if any last minute problem. Which would be very wise and reasonable. The world is really watching India and ISRO ;-) specifically the zooropeans ;-) they are pissed off I can tell you that reading the comments here !!!

If it's a demand from the PM, for the reason that he will be in SA, than it's petty and not respectuous of the ISRO scientific team.
Why not send President Murmu at ISRO. If PM really wants to be present at Isro, just delay his departure for the BRICS summit, not a big deal, no big announcement is expected from the summit.

What if a bigger problem appears later on 27th?

I cant believe that it will be postponed only to permit Modi to be present at the control room. A PM should not act like that. If I was him, I woul send the President and I'll be smiling broadly during the summit :india:🌑

TopWatcher

Country flag
I hope that's a precaution taken by ISRO who want to take minimal risk and prepare the mind for a dealy if any last minute problem. Which would be very wise and reasonable. The world is really watching India and ISRO ;-) specifically the zooropeans ;-) they are pissed off I can tell you that reading the comments here !!!

If it's a demand from the PM, for the reason that he will be in SA, than it's petty and not respectuous of the ISRO scientific team.
Why not send President Murmu at ISRO. If PM really wants to be present at Isro, just delay his departure for the BRICS summit, not a big deal, no big announcement is expected from the summit.

What if a bigger problem appears later on 27th?

I cant believe that it will be postponed only to permit Modi to be present at the control room. A PM should not act like that. If I was him, I woul send the President and I'll be smiling broadly during the summit :india:🌑
No its only a precaution, nothing else. It will be great pride for PM to be in brics meeting and same time cy3 landed. Than PM can tell the world from international platform.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Okay, this is what happened -

View attachment 219123

Postponing will be considered IF anything abnormal is detected two hours prior to landing.
Yeah

So it's just a contingency

better to have a contingency if it goes tits up rather than to have none at all

cyclops

Country flag
Was trying to find the Richard step tweet, couldn't find it. It so great that even a normal person can track our CY-3, great for all space enthus!!
Scott Tilley was literally giving CY3 burn updates before ISRO.

You can do that too, all you need is equipment for receiving in the S-Band - so if you have around 4-10 lakhs(probably higher) lying around go for it(I really don't know the legality of it in India though, so check beforehand:creepy:).

SM3PWM_EME_Antenna.jpg
OERCacn.jpeg

Last edited:

SKC

Country flag
Scott Tilley was literally giving CY3 burn updates before ISRO.

You can do that too, all you need is equipment for receiving in the S-Band - so if you have around 4-10 lakhs(probably higher) lying around go for it(I really don't know the legality of it in India though, so check beforehand:creepy:).

View attachment 219124View attachment 219125
There is a very powerful and extremely knowledgeable Ham-Radio, Telemetry, Star-tracker community back there.

TopWatcher

Country flag
What can you expect from the post-soviet-split Russian program managers.
I have seen Nasa Mars Perseverance rover project team interview. They have taken full time in failure analysis and how to mitigate they even not in hurry for .1 % . They are ready until rover sanitize from all errors they will not launch. Such matureness required.

Russia loosing its edge in tech due to its own nature.

SKC

Country flag
I have seen Nasa Mars Perseverance rover project team interview. They have taken full time in failure analysis and how to mitigate they even not in hurry for .1 % . They are ready until rover sanitize from all errors they will not launch. Such matureness required.

NASA has always taken all possible efforts to correct any issues encountered with their space probes, Landers and rovers!

They take days to investigate and then work on the solutions. JPL is probably the best in this aspect.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

at almost 3 billion $ project cost and a decade of effort, they had no choice but to aim for minimum chance of failure.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles